Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Andreas Weimann has joined Derby for 2m. I thought he looked handy enough at Villa but hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

julian assflange posted:

Andreas Weimann has joined Derby for 2m. I thought he looked handy enough at Villa but hey

Derby are assembling a poo poo hot Championship side, it'll take a bottle job of, well, Derby-esque proportions for them not to get promoted next season.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Seems like a great buy, I always like Weimann, canny player.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Insanely Sikh posted:

Have we signed Kovacic yet? And Serie A watchers wanna weigh in, besides TyChan?

I know my opinions aren't the best, but this is uncalled for!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd like newcastle to sign someone. An assistant manager would do

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Insanely Sikh posted:

I don't see where he's meant to play given Coutinho plays in midfield as well but whatever dawg I'm excited

He can play as a forward as well, but that's wasting his talent I think.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

I'd like newcastle to sign someone. An assistant manager would do

I hear John Carver is free...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euroboy posted:

Mandzukic to Juve and Miranda to Inter is happening

Atletico need money

Alternatively, Torres-mania is running wild

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

julian assflange posted:

My Birmingham-born co-worker is livid about this, in combination with the Sinclair deal and rumors linking Villa with Andros Townsend.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kcer posted:

Seems like a great buy, I always like Weimann, canny player.

I thought he was good a couple years ago but then went to poo poo? All I remember is thinking he looked really good and then him disappearing and people bitching about him.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He can play as a forward as well, but that's wasting his talent I think.

I imagine, if he signs, he'll be part of a three man midfield with Milner and Henderson. Coutinho will be part of a front three with an out and out forward and a winger. I think he's actually most effective when he's sort of on the left but drifts inside anyway.

We have a ridiculous amount of players at the moment so it's impossible to know how we're going to line up.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Ewar Woowar posted:

I imagine, if he signs, he'll be part of a three man midfield with Milner and Henderson. Coutinho will be part of a front three with an out and out forward and a winger. I think he's actually most effective when he's sort of on the left but drifts inside anyway.

We have a ridiculous amount of players at the moment so it's impossible to know how we're going to line up.

It's very possible to know you're going to line up as poo poo.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Ewar Woowar posted:

I sense a code post coming on

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Parody Threads posted:

It's very possible to know you're going to line up as poo poo.

Yeah that's looking pretty likely to be honest.

We have a lot of 7/10 players but other than Coutinho we lack genuine match winners.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stoke signed Joselu, who the gently caress is joselu

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Byolante posted:

he's the guy Hannover replaced Diouf with

Cityinthesea fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 19, 2015

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Muzzi Ozcan (a rather high-profile agent who announced the Bilic appointment 12 hours before it was actually confirmed) tweeted earlier that Dimitri Payet to West Ham is done. The tweet has been deleted and he's claiming his account was hacked. Probably because West Ham were planning on announcing Payet at the kit unveiling tomorrow and the West Ham bosses got pissed at him

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Byolante posted:

Altidore's agent is plunging to new depths to get him back in the Premier League.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Muzzi Ozcan (a rather high-profile agent who announced the Bilic appointment 12 hours before it was actually confirmed) tweeted earlier that Dimitri Payet to West Ham is done. The tweet has been deleted and he's claiming his account was hacked. Probably because West Ham were planning on announcing Payet at the kit unveiling tomorrow and the West Ham bosses got pissed at him

I know literally nothing about all these new players

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Norwegian striker Moa Abdellaoue will most probably be released from Stuttgart. I think he will be linked to Vĺlerenga untill he signs for a 2. Bundesliga-club.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

I know literally nothing about all these new players

Payet is (was) a Marseille player who plays either as a winger or central attacking midfielder. Not a fantastic goalscoring record (only 4 last season) but a brilliant flair player and got 21 assists last season. Think a better, Frencher Downing

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I went to lookup Payet, and his wiki page currently says that he plays for the "Jewish Spurs".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Chronicle think Bas Dost is close to signing for Newcastle but that Dortmund also want him

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012

Jose posted:

The Chronicle think Bas Dost is close to signing for Newcastle but that Dortmund also want him

He's a gambling addict

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MrKonarski posted:

He's a gambling addict

So he'll sign for Newcastle then?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

So he'll sign for Newcastle then?

Newcastle are offering more money

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bas Dost's agent works hard for his money. He's rumoured for half a dozen clubs every window.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
André-Pierre Gignac to UANL Tigres is a done deal

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Byolante posted:

Topscorer for Castilla a season I remember, decent lad

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

azathosk posted:

This is amazing. He's going to be proper poo poo without Ayew and Payet.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

weimann really came off the boil this season. I'm not confident that he's good. Championship is his level.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
hm Dortmund or Newcastle, very tough choice

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Hmm yes a side who had a poor season and flirted with relegation for a while or a side who had a poor season and flirted with relegation for a while, very touch choice.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Carl Jenkinson has turned down Sunderland and wants to join West Ham again on loan.

And it actually looks like the Cech transfer to Arsenal is a thing that actually could happen? I'd quite like that tbh

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Franck "Who" Tabanou to Swansea City is a done deal

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-sign-st-etienne-france-under-21-full-back-franck-tabanou-2498679.aspx

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hegay posted:

Topscorer for Castilla a season I remember, decent lad

Its kinda amazing all these iberian lads who want to prove they can hack it on a cold night in Stoke.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bovril Delight posted:

This owns, I can't wait to see a fat gypsy wandering around Monterrey

thats suqit

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

i dont know who this is so i looked him up and got this:
Florent Dimitri Payet (born 29 March 1987) is a French international footballer who plays for French club Marseille in Ligue 1, he recently considered moving to West Ham, but upon realising he'd pale in comparison to the superstars of West Ham's books such as Kevin Nolan and Modibo Maiga, he opted to remain in france.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Breath Ray posted:

thats suqit
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

azathosk posted:

lmao that retard is going to score zero goals get robbed and gently caress off back to France in like one liguilla.

• Locked thread