Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
What I've read is that Excal's ult and slash dash inherit elemental damage on actual hits with the sword but not on the waves. I think channeling works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Hysteria is outdated. Excalibur's new stuff incorporates all melee mods, and it's been explicitly stated that that's the intent.

Surging Dash is affected by power strength - my combo counter goes up by 8 hits on every hit. It only takes 45 hits to achieve 2.5x, so 6 bounces does the trick, and 3 seconds is just enough time to position yourself a bit and move to the next group.

All other augments are garbage. You have enough room for Vitality, at least, and I don't run Overextended, so there's space for one more mod after Stretch/FE/Stream/TF/Intensify/Surging/Vitality. I run Equilibrium as of now, but Rage/Life Strike is probably better off.

Slash Dash doesn't have iframes proper, but you can't take health damage during it. I also seem to be gaining health from somewhere, even without Equilibrium/Life Strike; my current guess is Bright Purity proccing without the radial explosion, but there could be a leech effect on Exalted Blade.

e;some poo poo about Steel Fiber that was totally wrong 'cause I misread, disregard

Souplesse fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 18, 2015

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Seems kind of goofy they'd let it double dip like that, where it can get damage from both melee mod slots and frame power mod slots. They've never built a frame power like that before and, with how almost all mods can work multiplicatively, it might blow up in their faces down the road with future mods...

but...

DE

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Coldbird posted:

Seems kind of goofy they'd let it double dip like that, where it can get damage from both melee mod slots and frame power mod slots. They've never built a frame power like that before and, with how almost all mods can work multiplicatively, it might blow up in their faces down the road with future mods...

but...

DE

Valkyr's hulk hands works like that.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Coldbird posted:

They've never built a frame power like that before...

Hysteria works like this already, although it only inherits base damage mods.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Adrastea (Jupiter) catalyst bp 2 hrs

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Caffeine IV posted:

Hysteria works like this already, although it only inherits base damage mods.

Yeah, but its base damage is really bad, and melee only gets Pressure Point and Corrupted Swing or whatever for base damage. Even with those mods both at max, it still probably does less damage than an unmodded new Slash Dash. Elemental mods will triple or quadruple damage output by themselves so it's an even more enormous difference.

They're probably afraid to make the damage on Hysteria good because of the straight up invuln on it... or they don't realize that overhauling the graphics on it didn't make it good.

edit: I get the idea though, I didn't realize Hysteria already partly did that, probably because I basically never use my Valkyr

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 18, 2015

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Terbulus posted:

Adrastea (Jupiter) catalyst bp 2 hrs

:frogsiren: 40 minutes left :frogsiren:

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Just tried the law of retribution with some people, who the gently caress at DE thought that was a good idea to put into this game?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

steve

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

PathAsc posted:

I seem to remember him liking Oberon. You can't hate goatframe.

Oberon dunks fools good and you can have some real fun with the carpet and Smite(+Infusion, try it on your ally NPC's!). Oberon is a solid frame with the ability to contribute at all levels of play due to his great CC, buffs, and the convenience of his heal. He used to be really mediocre and pointless but that was quite a while ago now.

I talk about things I like a lot, nobody ever remembers it tho. Like Sicarus Prime. Not a 'serious' gun but fun and I run it a lot.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Denzine posted:

Oberon dunks fools good and you can have some real fun with the carpet and Smite(+Infusion, try it on your ally NPC's!). Oberon is a solid frame with the ability to contribute at all levels of play due to his great CC, buffs, and the convenience of his heal. He used to be really mediocre and pointless but that was quite a while ago now.

whats even better is never stopping by breaking animations with smite

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

:frogsiren: Orokin Reactor Invasion on Veles on Sedna :frogsiren:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Holy poo poo, nuExcal is my new favorite frame. I thought trivializing everything with Mesa was great, but being able to trivialize everything and move at the same time is even better.

Also I'd say Excal's new ult beats out Hysteria not only due to mod inheritance but also because it's got the ranged energy waves for hitting things outside of arm's reach.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Levelling stuff just for the mastery is stupid and half these weapons are awful. :mad:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Levelling stuff just for the mastery is stupid and half these weapons are awful. :mad:

Is there any real advantage to mastery past 8 or so (where all the weapons are unlocked)? I know you get another excavator every 5, or is it just for completion's sake?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
You get more trades per day, so if you like to sell void equipment and mod cards a lot, than more is better.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You get more daily rep gain to.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Sandweed posted:

You get more daily rep gain to.

MR10 gets me a daily cap of 11,000 syndicate rep (and 11,000 conclave rep, but lol pvp) so if you like grinding syndicate then more MR = good :)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I didn't know about the syndicate rep thing for the longest time, so I always told my friends to git gud when they complained about grinding rep at low MR's :v:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

In celebration of the Excalibur rework I'm giving away one of each Vaykor Marelok, a Tellos Akbolto and a Synoid Gamacore to any M6+ that want to have one.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Captainicus posted:

Is there any real advantage to mastery past 8 or so (where all the weapons are unlocked)? I know you get another excavator every 5, or is it just for completion's sake?

The fact that you can even ask this question forces me to ask, what is it like not to have OCD? Just get all the mastery OK!?!? :supaburn:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

In celebration of the Excalibur rework I'm giving away one of each Vaykor Marelok, a Tellos Akbolto and a Synoid Gamacore to any M6+ that want to have one.

Oh really.... :D :D :D Has anyone claimed any of these beauties yet?

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

asterioth posted:

Just tried the law of retribution with some people, who the gently caress at DE thought that was a good idea to put into this game?

LOL. I was actually just thinking they should make one that's corpus themed...I know, I'm an rear end in a top hat for liking it.

But to offer some constructive criticism. As soon as we ran through the first door people started shooting guys, which is a no-no. In order to get through the raid it's all about crowd control. Saryn and Ash are offensive frames and not really useful. While you can use them, you can't use them as their typical murder machines. The only time you should be killing things are:
  • Any Phase - you get some close-talking grineer up in your face
  • Any Phase - EV victims
  • Phase 2: Part 1 - bombards and scorpions
  • Phase 3 - Anyone close to the airstrike consoles. This is more important in nightmare since the consoles are located on the valley top conveniently next to the enemy spawn locations. Vauban usually takes the duty to run around and bastille these areas.
If I was running a 4-frame squad, the main frames you need are:
  • Loki - disarm; build for range, no need for invis
  • Nova - slow; build duration and strength
  • Trin - EV; max range, min duration (some strength)
  • Vauban - bastille; range and duration
    or
  • Mirage - blind; range and duration
I prefer vauban over mirage since blind never seems to last as long as it should. But if you are running a CC frame, spam spam spam! Goddammit spam! For 8-frames, you can really do what you want with the last spots as long as those frames don't kill. If you are not going to be useful with CC then be a pal and don't die. So rhino and valkyr are good alternatives. They can also help with reviving. But better to double the ones mentioned if you are new to it.

Once you can get a room under control you can relax a little and take your time a bit, especially trying to learn hack console locations and look for rare crates. Phase2:Part 1 is the one you don't want to waste too much time on with the button puzzle. (Or phase2:part2 in nightmare; you get past that poo poo quick!)

Anyways, I hope you'll give it another try!

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Raid

Bad

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

Sandweed posted:

If no one's claimed the Vaykor Marelok I'll take it, I've been wanting one but I'm still a little too short on Red Veil rep to get a crossbow to trade for one.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
The reason to get your mastery higher is the same reason to do anything in an MMO or MMO-type game: to make your internet number go up.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

cat_snake posted:

As soon as we ran through the first door people started shooting guys, which is a no-no.
I've been doing a great job totally ignoring the raid thing since it was added but lately I've been a little curious about it, thanks for re-strengthening my resolve to never even attempt it with just one sentence.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Caffeine IV posted:

Tipedo needs a potato for fitting Berserker/Fury/Spoiled Strike on before you can really hit "liquefy".

I've been working on this. While it goes well for the first 10 waves of a t1d I cannot seem to do much damage after that, especially to heavy gunners.

I have those 3 plus Jagged Edge, Pressure Points and Reach and some channeling mod I was trying. Do you think I should go for elemental damage over increasing the slash?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

DoombatINC posted:

I've been doing a great job totally ignoring the raid thing since it was added but lately I've been a little curious about it, thanks for re-strengthening my resolve to never even attempt it with just one sentence.

Yeah, this. I was thinking "the raid sounds like a great opportunity to shoot lots of mans" but that's not the point? Why is shooting enemies in the raid a bad thing?

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

YellerBill posted:

Yeah, this. I was thinking "the raid sounds like a great opportunity to shoot lots of mans" but that's not the point? Why is shooting enemies in the raid a bad thing?

They're freakishly strong and bullet-spongy. Spending time shooting them also slows down your progress in completing the terrible mission. DE is still stuck at the mindset that increasing difficulty means you just add more HP and damage to the mobs. That and "make the players can't use their powers or do much other than chipping away a huge health pool".

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

YellerBill posted:

Mostly because the enemies hit too hard and will one shot you while needing to coordinate your teammates duties. If you kill they respawn and being higher levels they just become bullet sponges.

There might be a way to form a more offensive team but I haven't explored it. I guess I just look at it that the raid is what it is and I like to take it as a challenge to beat it. I am not disagreeing its out-of-place for a shooty-kill stuff game. But at the same time variety is good, there are plenty of places to kill stuff. This one is more tactical\ability\defensive-based.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Dez Orwell posted:

The reason to get your mastery higher is the same reason to do anything in an MMO or MMO-type game: to make your internet number go up.

My internet number is 18, be impressed.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Sandweed posted:

I'd take the Synoid Gammacore off your hands if that's cool.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Sandweed posted:

I'll take the Tellos Akbolto. Bolt guns are :krad:

IGN Nullandvoid0

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh my god, what is happening? Excalibur is FUN and GOOD. Well, good enough for me anyway. I'm loving this rework so far.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
drat that's what I get for not checking the thread. I tried to scratch my nailgun itch with the gremlins but they were kinda meh.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It was inevitable, really, but Azrans' selling his coupons has come to an end. Everyone else giving away their 75%-off things should probably start keeping a closer eye on what they're doing as well. Last night I tried to buy some Plat off of Azran (Shut up, I spent all the plat I had on getting two of my friends set up and I didn't want to wait for Prime Access, okay) and the next morning DE had not only reversed the platinum given to me, but charged me for the Fruit-Tenno skins and such that I had bought with it for those few brief moments that I had it.

:rip: (At least I'm getting let off with a warning.)
And no, I don't get to keep the plat that was given me :shepspends:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Rip the south american economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

cat_snake posted:

I've been working on this. While it goes well for the first 10 waves of a t1d I cannot seem to do much damage after that, especially to heavy gunners.

I have those 3 plus Jagged Edge, Pressure Points and Reach and some channeling mod I was trying. Do you think I should go for elemental damage over increasing the slash?

Elemental damage will usually always wreck the hell out of increasing base phys stuff - Viral/Corrosive have +75% damage mods against health/armour respectively. If you managed to score the dual stat ele/status mods, those work pretty well with the Tipedo's high status chance, too.

e;rip Azran's trillion accounts :smith:

Souplesse fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 19, 2015