Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Rat Queens memes are the best memes.

:hf:

e: poo poo, new page. So I'm not normally one for random card decks (apart from Deck of Legends, and we know how that turned out), but I'm really digging the art style n these clockwork dragons.

And are you one of those obnoxious tossers who tries to turn every night out into a drinking contest? Do all your friends avoid you because you have no personality beyond that imparted by over-consumption of alcohol? Invite them over for a card game. That legitimises your problem!

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

inklesspen posted:

If you want to list them out I'll add them in.

This is probably not a complete list, but off the top of my head:

Early-mid November 2014
By Thanksgiving 2014
Sometime in December 2014
Definitely December 17 2014, plus PDF preorders are opened
January 2015
By the end of May 2015
The first week of June 2015

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Ok, I've got more missed release dates for the Far West list.

January 2014
August 2014
May 2015
First week June 2015

I only looked at updates on the Kickstarter, and I didn't back it, so there's a bunch of updates I can't read on the following dates, so if anyone wants to check them that DID back it, it's these:

Jan 16th 2014 Backer Update #1 and #2
Nov 24th 2014 Backer Update
Jan 9th 2015 Backer Update #1 and #2
June 2nd 2015 Backer Update

Fake Edit: I was super bored at work

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

inklesspen posted:

If you want to list them out I'll add them in.

Please tell me this has been sent to Gary...

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

This Far West thing really feels like a poorly executed postmodern critique of...something.

The isfarwestoutyet website should have a "Current Excuse" section. Like a Facebook status, but for utter failure.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Zurui posted:

This Far West thing really feels like a poorly executed postmodern critique of...something.

The isfarwestoutyet website should have a "Current Excuse" section. Like a Facebook status, but for utter failure.

Also a "today's date, MM/DD/YYY is [number of days] since the planned release" thing :)

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Thanks, Plague and Baron

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Please tell me this has been sent to Gary...

Gary who?

homullus posted:

Also a "today's date, MM/DD/YYY is [number of days] since the planned release" thing :)

I'm afraid that exceeds the amount of :effort: I'm willing to put in, but if someone wants to step up I'll be happy to host the site.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Gareth M Skarka

Also this article is still just as valid now as it was in 2012...

https://yourbusinesssucks.wordpress.com/tag/gareth-michael-skarka/

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 18, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

inklesspen posted:

I'm afraid that exceeds the amount of :effort: I'm willing to put in, but if someone wants to step up I'll be happy to host the site.

Copy-paste this code block, stick the <p> where you want the times to show up.

code:
<p id="farwestislateby"></p>

<script>
function humanise (diff) {
    var str = '';
    var values = {
    ' year': 365, 
    ' month': 30, 
    ' day': 1
    };

for (var x in values) {
        var amount = Math.floor(diff / values[x]);

if (amount >= 1) {
            if (x != " day"){
                str += amount + x + (amount > 1 ? 's,' : '') + ' ';
            }else{
                str += "and " + amount + x + (amount > 1 ? 's' : '') + '.';
            }
            diff -= amount * values[x];
        }
    }
    return str;
}

var todaysDate = Date.now();
var originalDate = new Date(2011, 11, 31);

// Date subtraction is in milliseconds, convert that to days
daysLate = Math.floor((todaysDate - originalDate) / 86400000);
document.getElementById("farwestislateby").innerHTML = "Far West is " + daysLate + " days past the Kickstarter deadline; that's " + humanise(daysLate)
</script>
:effort: but I've been doing a lot in javascript lately anyway.

I'm being nice and assuming "December 2011" is the 31st.

e: Oh, and don't forget that January 2015 was when he was also supposed to deliver to "pre-orders" on DriveThruRPG. But hey, getting people to give you money for gently caress-all on DriveThru is surely performance art by now.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 19, 2015

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If only Gau could say the same about Kickstarter pledges

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

DigitalRaven posted:

You are a wizard IRL.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Gareth M Skarka

https://yourbusinesssucks.wordpress.com/tag/gareth-michael-skarka/

You know, I was actually feeling a little guilty about finding GMS's missed release dates and stuff...then I remembered that I'm the person he made that "minimum-wage retail-level" crack at when I suggested that maybe he should be nicer to the people who give him money for his products. Now I don't feel guilty anymore.

(For the record, I test medical software; amazingly I still have to be nice to the clients who use our software even though it's not a minimum wage or retail level job! :monocle:)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

An update just went out for Ryuutama; looks like it's going to the printers at the end of the month which means we should be seeing the books soon. To make up for the delay, they're offering backers either the original cover or a limited-edition faux leather cover at no extra cost.

So Andy Kitowski has kickstarted and will have released two RPGs that had to be translated from Japanese in almost exactly a year less than GMS has needed to write Far West.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

DigitalRaven posted:

Done and done.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
I was very excited for the Ryuutama mail, but the regular manga cover is so much more vibrant than the faux-leather, it was not a difficult choice at all for me. Either way, sweet hardcover adorable adventures.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, I went with the regular cover too, partially because of the art but also because with a fancy cover I know I'm always going to be worried I'm going to damage it.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I received a notification that the Dracula Dossier is about to ship.

I've had a nerdboner for this since Ken and Robin first teased it on their podcast. My plan is to pressgang my group into playing it whether they like it or not.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Peas and Rice posted:

I've had a nerdboner for this since Ken and Robin first teased it on their podcast. My plan is to pressgang my group into playing it whether they like it or not.

Oh man, I missed the Kickstarter for this, but I really hope that means it's hitting DTRPG soon.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Evil Mastermind posted:

An update just went out for Ryuutama; looks like it's going to the printers at the end of the month which means we should be seeing the books soon. To make up for the delay, they're offering backers either the original cover or a limited-edition faux leather cover at no extra cost.

So Andy Kitowski has kickstarted and will have released two RPGs that had to be translated from Japanese in almost exactly a year less than GMS has needed to write Far West.

There's no way to grab a copy of just the PDF yet is there?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Misandu posted:

There's no way to grab a copy of just the PDF yet is there?

Not yet, but it'll be going up on DriveThru when it's ready.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It's kind of a shame about this cover, because the TBZ hardbacks are really loving nice. But this one's just kind of a gross color and the kerning on the "t" is all kinds of hosed up.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Peas and Rice posted:

Missed the Kickstarter and I don't do Paypal, so I've got to wait for this to be released physically to grab a copy.

I can't wait to drop the REAL version of Dracula onto the table in front of the players and say "have at it". Gonna be great.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

DigitalRaven posted:

code:
<p id="farwestislateby"></p>

<script>
function humanise (diff) {
    var str = '';
    var values = {
    ' year': 365, 
    ' month': 30, 
    ' day': 1
    };

for (var x in values) {
        var amount = Math.floor(diff / values[x]);

if (amount >= 1) {
            if (x != " day"){
                str += amount + x + (amount > 1 ? 's,' : '') + ' ';
            }else{
                str += "and " + amount + x + (amount > 1 ? 's' : '') + '.';
            }
            diff -= amount * values[x];
        }
    }
    return str;
}

var todaysDate = Date.now();
var originalDate = new Date(2011, 11, 31);

// Date subtraction is in milliseconds, convert that to days
daysLate = Math.floor((todaysDate - originalDate) / 86400000);
document.getElementById("farwestislateby").innerHTML = "Far West is " + daysLate + " days past the Kickstarter deadline; that's " + humanise(daysLate)
</script>
:effort: but I've been doing a lot in javascript lately anyway.

I'm being nice and assuming "December 2011" is the 31st.

e: Oh, and don't forget that January 2015 was when he was also supposed to deliver to "pre-orders" on DriveThruRPG. But hey, getting people to give you money for gently caress-all on DriveThru is surely performance art by now.

Did you mean November 2011? Because you have an 11 instead of a 12 for the month on originalDate.

Edit: Nevermind, ignore me, forgot that Javascript counts months from 0.

Sefer fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 19, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It might be fun to also list notable things that have been Kickstarted and delivered in the Far West time frame, or what a child as old as FW would be capable of.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Fate Core was Kickstarted over a year after Far West, and it has delivered nearly everything of its frankly embarrassing cornucopia. Many prominent games based on Fate Core have gone from conception to fulfillment since then. One of those games, Tianxia, brought Skarka on to write fiction as part of a stretch goal.

In that time, Skarka has railed against Fred Hicks at least twice for the cynical money-grubbing ploy of "being a friendly and competent businessperson."

For good or ill, D&D5 was playtested, finalized and released after Far West funded.

My best friend started and finished college, had a child, and twice moved from one city to another, since Far West funded.

Two Avengers movies made it to theaters after Far West funded.

The first three Game of Thrones books were released in a similar amount of time.

Dark Souls was released shortly before Far West's Kickstarter. Since then, Dark Souls II and Bloodborne have come out.

Two entire US election cycles have come and gone since Far West funded, and we're spinning up a third.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Plague of Hats posted:

The first three Game of Thrones books were released in a similar amount of time.

Nice! The race is on, which will come first: George RR Martin's next GoT book, or Far West? Tough call.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Germ posted:

Nice! The race is on, which will come first: George RR Martin's next GoT book, or Far West? Tough call.

Far West, or Palladium shipping the second wave of Robotech RPG Tactics?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pretty sure the heat death of the universe will happen before any of those things.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

this is magic, thanks for continuing to update that website

on a side note, has that been linked in the far west comments/updates or anything yet?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Not yet, but I'm sure he'll tweet about it when he finds out.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
He knows.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I have him blocked, but I'm assuming he's all pissed because people are correctly pointing out he's missed over a dozen promised release dates.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Of course he dug through the owner's identity like a :tinfoil: maniac.

quote:

So yeah. A site entirely devoted to Far West being late.

http://www.isfarwestoutyet.com

Interestingly enough, the site is owned by one Jon Rosebaugh. He's not a backer. It appears to be this guy: https://twitter.com/inklesspen (Since the site listed in the user's info is also registered to Rosebaugh). A search of my records (to see if he's a backer) shows that he's bought a half-dozen or so products from me -- but only if they were on sale for a dollar.

So, in other words, I have no idea why he's invested in the situation enough to launch this website.

Welcome to my life, folks.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I have him blocked, but I'm assuming he's all pissed because people are correctly pointing out he's missed over a dozen promised release dates.

More like ignoring the point because a backer didn't do it.

e: :argh:
Snipped the quote for being long since it's already there!

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 19, 2015

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nice to see that Skarka has enough time to dig through his records to find a person's name and coordinate it with who bought his stuff. With work ethic like that I imagine they'll be able to finish the new Star Wars trilogy before he releases Far West.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The fact that he can sit there and act like a victim when people point out that he is, in fact, 3+ years late is loving mind boggling to me.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Holy poo poo, back when the Thunder Plains bullshit was going down, Skarka came at me on Twitter for a few hours because I pointed out that he wasn't including Native Americans in his game. Eventually he left me alone, but I've just realized now that he blocked me.

RPG people I am blocked by:

1) Mike Mearls
2) GMS

Maybe I can add a few more to that eventually.

E: I forgot that Desborough had blocked me too, but he doesn't really count.

Serf fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 19, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Serf posted:

E: I forgot that Desborough had blocked me too, but he doesn't really count.

To be fair, none of them count as important people since they're all pissant elfgame "celebrities."

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 21, 2015

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

The fact that he can sit there and act like a victim when people point out that he is, in fact, 3+ years late is loving mind boggling to me.

For real. He's the one holding the money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

To be honest, he's dragged his feet so long I doubt he's making a profit from this. :v:

• Locked thread