Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

For a site that's supposed to be about comedy, a surprisingly amount of jokes fly straight over our head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paradoxGentleman posted:

For a site that's supposed to be about comedy, a surprisingly amount of jokes fly straight over our head.

Including the word high, it seems.

I never once claimed to be funny, so that is my shield. That's like an excuse, right?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Prison Warden posted:

Speaking of characters I don't like, now we visit stupid dumb dead Vriska!

I do like how this thread was just talking about how it's a little weird for, what, a 17 year old (who is now like millons of years old I guess) to be dating a 13 year old child and it looks like Meenah is having similar thoughts herself.

19! So it's even worse, because she was basically an adult before dying and being ageless.

edit: on the upside she skirts that creepy "She only LOOKS 12 but she's ageless!" crap anime weirdos pull.

Sorry, Fishka.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 19, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this might get interesting. I'm pretty sure taking treasure from Sea Hitler is right up there with taking the mask off the Lone Ranger.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Man, I wonder how long they've been like this. With Meenah being totally apathetic, and Vriska no longer even hating the symbol of Huss.

I'm starting to think that horrorterrors feed on motivation, or something. Whatever the opposite of apathy is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

If this is how Vriska was in her relationship on the meteor I can see why Terezi seemed pretty worn down. Hey are you okay? How about now? Are you still okay? You seem tense. I'm sensing some tension here. Are you sure youre okay?

When you think about it it makes sense for the spidertroll to be clingy.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

WAR FOOT posted:

Man, I wonder how long they've been like this. With Meenah being totally apathetic, and Vriska no longer even hating the symbol of Huss.

I'm starting to think that horrorterrors feed on motivation, or something. Whatever the opposite of apathy is.

I think that the monotony of the afterlife has this effect on everyone to some degree. When you look past all the wacky tumblr archetypes and awesome landscapes, it's actually kind of scary. I mean, have we met a single ghost other than Meenah or Vriska that reacted to the idea at double death at the hands of Lord English in a way more enthusiastic than "Sure, whatever"?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Ariong posted:

I think that the monotony of the afterlife has this effect on everyone to some degree. When you look past all the wacky tumblr archetypes and awesome landscapes, it's actually kind of scary. I mean, have we met a single ghost other than Meenah or Vriska that reacted to the idea at double death at the hands of Lord English in a way more enthusiastic than "Sure, whatever"?

Aranea? Kind of?

Either way, Vriska's going to grab the Juju, try and gank Lord English, and presumably get killed.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Aranea, Vriska and Meenah were trying to be pro-active in the afterlife. Only Aranea can really be said to have held to that goal in the face of adversity. Truly, she was the best of us.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Android Blues posted:

Aranea, Vriska and Meenah were trying to be pro-active in the afterlife. Only Aranea can really be said to have held to that goal in the face of adversity. Truly, she was the best of us.

Aranea Serket: She tried to let us get off Mr. Huss' Wild Ride.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

WAR FOOT posted:

Either way, Vriska's going to grab the Juju, try and gank Lord English, and presumably get killed.

Which would explain why Lord English had possession of the Juju and was able to use it to suck in the Beta kids?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Which would explain why Lord English had possession of the Juju and was able to use it to suck in the Beta kids?

Lord English didn't do that. Caliborn did, as it was his Juju to begin with.

Though Vriska might be the one to deliver it to him by accident.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

Lord English didn't do that. Caliborn did, as it was his Juju to begin with.

Though Vriska might be the one to deliver it to him by accident.

wouldnt work, when you look at the timeline of the thing's existence, caliborn has already used the juju.

also i thought we were done with this stupid IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLOT TWIST IF LE KILLED EVERYONE thing. its the worst meme.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I remember not minding (Vriska) all that much when she started down this path, but goddamn she really is the worst.

Clearly this was all a cunning ploy to get the fandom to unanimously approve of Vriska.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That's already been explained. It was his reward for besting all of the most difficult and tedious challenges the game had to offer and defeating Yaldabaoth. Well, one of them, the other being true immortality.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

wouldnt work, when you look at the timeline of the thing's existence, caliborn has already used the juju.

also i thought we were done with this stupid IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLOT TWIST IF LE KILLED EVERYONE thing. its the worst meme.

Which means Caliborn has used it to make Lord English, John has used it's carcass to gain Retcon powers, so now its reset to suck in Caliope to make Andrew Hussie.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
All forms of Vriska are people who are really bad at social interaction. Why this comes as a surprise to some of you is truly Homestuck's greatest mystery.

It's interesting that the points she criticizes in other people are the ones she has herself in spades. From Kanaya's habitual meddling in other people's relationships, to Karkat's unwarranted bravado and self-loathing, and just about everything else she hates on other people for. Even Jake and Tavros, whom she faults for not being able to step up to the tasks at hand, is just a projection of her own awareness that But For The Grace Of Retjohn does she continue to draw breath. And that, I suspect, is part of why she hates (Vriska) so much, is because she's the embodiment of her own failure to achieve victory on her own terms, an eternal reminder of her ultimate fate when she was allowed, unmitigated, to try to do things her own way.

Her current plan, to hog all the glory of defeating the biggest, baddest Big Bad will fail as well. It is merely a question of how, and in what ways will it allow some one else to do so.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Renaissance Robot posted:

I remember not minding (Vriska) all that much when she started down this path, but goddamn she really is the worst.

Clearly this was all a cunning ploy to get the fandom to unanimously approve of Vriska.

The best of all possible Viskras.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Man, Homestuck timelines arrrrgh. I'm a bit confused because we haven't seen Caliborn sink the 8-ball?

quote:

Huh? I didn't say that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Huh? I didn't say that.

not you specifically.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I like that because of LE predestination shenanigans, this is literally true. Pangloss would approve.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Is anybody clear on the juju's overall timeline?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It was awarded to Caliborn, who used it and banished it, then it was found by John. That's as much as we know.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Caliborn claims it as his reward -> Tossed into the void to make sure nobody else can use it -> Sits there until (Vriska)'s treasure hunt -> John gets the retcon powers -> (Vriska) just sort of hangs onto it -> Vriska goes to the dream bubble to take it from (Vriska)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

Her current plan, to hog all the glory of defeating the biggest, baddest Big Bad will fail as well. It is merely a question of how, and in what ways will it allow some one else to do so.

if i had to guess, i'd say the most important thing she's going to do is to hand off the juju to whoever is actually going to use it. because i'm still convinced she's not going to get far enough to confront LE before she gets sidetracked.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

We'll get the best of all possible Vriskas when Jasprosesprite shows up and throws them both in the kernel to make Vriska(Vriska)sprite.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The gay singularity is just in preparation to nepetaquest, which will conclude in the Vriskularity.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm Vriska for Vriska

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm Vriska for Vriska

Everyone is Vriska for Vriska, with the ironic exception of (Vriska).

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Plom Bar posted:

This is a bit like saying Hitler saved the Jews by being so horrible the allies had no choice but to take him out.
Please tell us how John and friends would be able to thwart Condy, Jane, Jade and all the Jacks without Serket intervention or the ability to plan three years for the confrontation.

poo poo, when Aranea killed Jade I asked how anyone else could have stopped her and never got an answer.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Please tell us how John and friends would be able to thwart Condy, Jane, Jade and all the Jacks without Serket intervention or the ability to plan three years for the confrontation.

poo poo, when Aranea killed Jade I asked how anyone else could have stopped her and never got an answer.

Be the most sexy, dangerous milf ever with the plus side of super strength, immortality, immunity to mind control, and a poo poo load of other stuff?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bell_ posted:

vriska didnt feel it necessary to kill jade, and things seem to be working out okay

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bell_ posted:

You kill condy. That's step one. She dies, the holds are broken, you regroup and keep going.

I'm still pretty sure vriska will ultimately kill Lord English, if only because I don't know where else her arc is going. It's ended three times now and is heading towards a fourth.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

whowhatwhere posted:

Basically I just want him to get to Diamond is Unbreakable faster :colbert:

Just got to Diamond is Unbreakable. Pretty great sof ar, but then, it's Jojo.

You know, considering how crazy the two fanbases can be, I'm surprised we haven't seen more crossover stuff from the fans (fanart, whatever). I mean, both stories are super huge and involve weird powers being used creatively. I'd read Jojo vs The Midnight Crew/The Felt.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

vriska didnt feel it necessary to kill jade, and things seem to be working out okay

Exactly. Aranea could have done anything Vriska is doing now, but instead she decided that "kill everyone good and gently caress everything up as much as possible, then kill the most powerful troll who ever lived singlehandedly" was plan A material because it ended with her being queen of everything.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Bell_ posted:

The fact that the Serket are needed doesn't mean they are good or, at least from my perspective, likeable.

e: Actually, it kind of bums me out that the meteor crew got so incredibly lost that something this drastic was needed to put them back on track.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 19, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I'm still pretty sure vriska will ultimately kill Lord English, if only because I don't know where else her arc is going. It's ended three times now and is heading towards a fourth.

confrontation w/ aranea. her absence is conspicuous and its always best to assume there are more shoes waiting to drop. as (Vriska) herself pointed out, theres always a bigger bad guy waiting behind the current one.

aranea's not necessarily "bigger" than LE, but she definitely would represent a more personal and important final conflict than him.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Aranea is most likely never going to appear again. We don't even know if she can return to the dream-bubbles now, she might be double-dead. But my gut still tells me that she'll never make another appearance again. It makes sense for her to become the least relevant character in Homestuck after what she pulled.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
just like davesprite was obviously irrelevant, you mean

tbh i think some of you guys put way more importance on meta stuff, like being punished with irrelevance, than is strictly necessary

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's more that I feel Aranea's story has reacted the end of it's arc. She had her big chance at being the Hero/Villain and failed. And I think that's it for her. Having her as a villain again just doesn't fit. She has no more tricks up her sleeve, she's dead with no hope of revival and it'd be redundant and bog down the narrative again. Davesprite still has somewhere to go, he needs to get over his angst and lack of self-worth and become his own person. I think he's heading for that because it's been something built up over the comic. Aranea has no place left in the story imo.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 19, 2015