Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

zolthorg posted:

Won't expect to see it until we have at least 9 maps actually. At least maybe soon we can get ranked splatzones mode playable with friends or Tower mode playable with friends. I doubt we'll ever see more rotation then 3 maps every 4 hrs per mode though.

I would really like a party system. Tried playing with my bro and we were faced off most of the time. I guess it is good cause there was no pub stomping...but I really like pub stomping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
Octopodes, you savages.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Did someone say podes

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

They get some poo poo for lack of content but I kind of like the trickle of maps and guns. I'm usually done with a game after a week but this keeps everything somewhat fresh.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Has there been any word of what new game modes we're getting?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Aww, I saw someone draw a big heart with a brush in the upper area of Saltspray Rig. :3:

Still splatted him/her and painted all over it.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

internet celebrity posted:

Has there been any word of what new game modes we're getting?

They're in the big august update

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I like the trickle of stages and guns, as well as the 4-hour rotation, since it lets you get better acquainted with the stages/weapons and their nuances. I remember first playing TF2 a few years into its existence and being overwhelmed by the stage selection at the time and being utterly unable to keep up with more experienced players because I couldn't get well acquainted with any of the maps or loadouts until I'd been playing for a few weeks.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Not a Children posted:

I like the trickle of stages and guns, as well as the 4-hour rotation, since it lets you get better acquainted with the stages/weapons and their nuances. I remember first playing TF2 a few years into its existence and being overwhelmed by the stage selection at the time and being utterly unable to keep up with more experienced players because I couldn't get well acquainted with any of the maps or loadouts until I'd been playing for a few weeks.

That and it prevents player favoritism keeping out stages by ensuring that every stage gets playtime.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They should remove mall from being a playable map altogether

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

I love inklings they're so adorable

Here I doodled this today I hope it makes you smile :)

(special thanks to the goon who hosted the Splatoon fonts)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

noirstronaut posted:

I disagree, Mall is one of my favorites.

I just wish they didn't have the death grates, but I guess the sniper positions would be pretty hard to defend otherwise...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tengames posted:

that show's theme song was terrible and garbage.

So why's it now stuck in my head?

One fine day with a woof and a purr
A baby was born, and it caused a little stir
No little bunny, no three-eyed frog
Just a feline, canine, little Catdog.

Catdog *twang twang*
Caaat-dawg *twang twa-ang*
Alone in the world is a little Catdog!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Stupid idea for a set.
    • Sporty Bobble Hat - Tenacity main, high chance of Quick Respawn sub, mid chance of Special Saver sub
    • Zekko Hoodie - Ninja Squid main, high chance of Special Saver sub, mid chance of Special Charge Up sub
    • Turquoise Kicks - Special Charge Up main, high chance of Run Speed Up sub, mid chance of Swim Speed Up sub
My weapons of choice are the .52 Gal Deco and the Inkbrush, so the basic plan is to hang back and ink up the ground while Tenacity and Special Charge Up feed off of my main weapon/sub weapon/dead teammates and vomit Inkstrikes. Some smartass comes back to my base and kills me? Congrats, you've separated yourself from the action and are doing nothing to help your team, you've given me more floor to ink, and I'm going to be back in five seconds with minimal loss to my special gauge.

So how does this look? Is it solid, or is there better gear I should be using, or am I dumb for thinking there's such a thing as a good Inkstriker set?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 19, 2015

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

Definitely the weakest map. I feel like replacing the pools of water in the middle with solid ground would be a really simple way to free up the chokepoints a bit.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Hypha posted:

I would really like a party system. Tried playing with my bro and we were faced off most of the time. I guess it is good cause there was no pub stomping...but I really like pub stomping.

It's fun until you're on the receiving end. The current system is annoying sometimes, but I'd rather have this than getting stomped every time I play alone.

Smiles posted:

That is excellent and made me laugh out loud. The faces are great :kimchi:

Also Szmitten, here's the squid comic :)

Pursued by bees fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 19, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Fuuuck I lost the cute comic with the inklings little half-formed sister who wanted to play turf war but had no thumbs and was super stoaked at squirting out a tiny puddle.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
That wasn't a comic.

It was real life.

None of us have thumbs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

People are posting cats and dogs so hey those kittens I'm taken care of are perfect

Look at my friendly dog hanging out with them. I love both teams so I'm in special hell :sigh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know, I kinda like Arowana Mall. Yes, it has that choke point in the middle, but y'know, I never found it to be a necessary point to be. Unless it's on Ranking. But even then the catwalks have been connected so there are other points to get there. Try a different strategy.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Smiles posted:

This is Excellent! I especially love the expression on the Inkling boy in the background. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sea love was too tame for him.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Team Dog, your support is needed to gently caress up team cat

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

You've gone too far this time team cat, this transgression will not stand

ur ded@splatfest

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Team coolcat will not be denied.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
cats wear sunglasses to avoid all the shade being thrown their way b/c they are rear end

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

wear sunglasses to avoid all the shade

this doesnt even make any goddamn sense

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Typical dog logic

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Smiles posted:

This is me. I'm this guy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cats are loving metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBXWBj7hIzg

:catdrugs:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deviant posted:

Sea love was too tame for him.

Hideki Naganuma tweeted "Free ink was too tame for squid."

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Takoluka posted:

Hideki Naganuma tweeted "Free ink was too tame for squid."

...I like mine better.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deviant posted:

...I like mine better.

Perhaps you understand, understand the concept, the concept.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New amiibo approaching!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm looking at two 3-packs on a store shelf. Anybody looking for those still at cost plus shipping in the U.S.?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Team cat can go pound sand.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You know, if you just get a regular blowup pool and some water guns from the dollar store, you probably wouldn't have to do anything else. That right there would be a hell of a party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Team cat can go pound sand.

If team doge isn't part of the Cats final solution then they must be part of the salt precipitate :qq:

• Locked thread