Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cannot wait to see marseille's next season after these transfers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pdog
May 7, 2013
Done

Deal

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/19/fabio-borini-wants-to-leave-liverpool-agent

I think a literal lion in a cage could score more than Borini, he's had what like 2 goals total? He's ok but clearly not good enough for a top four six 10 challenging side like Liverpool.

Not much sympathy for him really when he clearly had a chance to move onto another club last year where he was well-liked and would've played plenty. Granted that club was Sunderland so can't entirely blame him.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

azathosk posted:

André-Pierre Gignac to UANL Tigres is a done deal

Hes going to have his head cut off.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

sticksy posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/19/fabio-borini-wants-to-leave-liverpool-agent

I think a literal lion in a cage could score more than Borini, he's had what like 2 goals total? He's ok but clearly not good enough for a top four six 10 challenging side like Liverpool.

Not much sympathy for him really when he clearly had a chance to move onto another club last year where he was well-liked and would've played plenty. Granted that club was Sunderland so can't entirely blame him.

he scored that great goal that jozy assisted

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Borini was one of Brendan Rodgers' favored youth players before Rodgers found a new wife and new teeth. I can't blame him that much for thinking he might be able to play his way back into favor the way Henderson did and especially when Rodgers was flailing around due to a supposed lack of striking options.

I hope he finds a good, less racist club with CL prospects. Like Lazio.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

euroboy posted:

Carl Jenkinson has turned down Sunderland and wants to join West Ham again on loan.

And it actually looks like the Cech transfer to Arsenal is a thing that actually could happen? I'd quite like that tbh

I hope he goes to West Ham again, he looked ok there and Sunderland would probably make him worse

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

Borini was one of Brendan Rodgers' favored youth players before Rodgers found a new wife and new teeth. I can't blame him that much for thinking he might be able to play his way back into favor the way Henderson did and especially when Rodgers was flailing around due to a supposed lack of striking options.

I hope he finds a good, less racist club with CL prospects. Like Lazio.

Since Zaza is going back to Juve I bet he could find plenty of space at Sassuolo or Empoli for that matter. Don't know what his wages are like though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I still find it funny some random on twitter pretending to be an agent made Liverpool have to pay £300k extra for Borini

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

Since Zaza is going back to Juve I bet he could find plenty of space at Sassuolo or Empoli for that matter. Don't know what his wages are like though.

FSG was supposedly making a big deal about keeping wages under control, so I'd like to think that it wouldn't be a prohibitively big pay cut to go to either of those clubs.

Who knows, though. The club loves saying it's doing one thing and then going in a completely different direction the next.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

I still find it funny some random on twitter pretending to be an agent made Liverpool have to pay £300k extra for Borini

haha what?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Read and laugh about the Legend of Jen Chang.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9683597/Jen-Chang-leaves-Liverpool-after-PR-own-goal-with-spoof-blogger.html

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ahaha I'd heard of the guy but didn't know that part

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Its amazing so much drama and idiocy happened after this that the literal head of pr for liverpool football club met a twitter rando in a roadside cafe and did the godfather style 'important people in important places can ruin you and your families lives' speech managed to fall off people's radar.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lol he's now the Director of Communications for the New York Cosmos

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jen-chang/3/799/526

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So many fake LinkedIn profiles of former/current players. Why do people do this?

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ewar Woowar posted:

I imagine, if he signs, he'll be part of a three man midfield with Milner and Henderson. Coutinho will be part of a front three with an out and out forward and a winger. I think he's actually most effective when he's sort of on the left but drifts inside anyway.

We have a ridiculous amount of players at the moment so it's impossible to know how we're going to line up.

why did you post this? Serious Q

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

Because you touch yourself at night but really painfully awkwardly because you're a clumsy retard

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Insanely Sikh posted:

Because you touch yourself at night but really painfully awkwardly because you're a clumsy retard

hahaha yeah man do some code tags about it please

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Insanely Sikh posted:

He's also an unfunny human being. Don't forget that part

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

:ironicat:

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

blue footed boobie posted:

I thought he was good a couple years ago but then went to poo poo? All I remember is thinking he looked really good and then him disappearing and people bitching about him.

For whatever reason he was being played out of his natural position during the last couple of seasons, often being deployed as a sort of winger rather than up front where his natural finishing instincts would have been helpful to say the least. This led to goals drying up and the knock-on effect of his confidence seemingly slipping away.

Still, we have some good memories of Andi at Villa. His movement and cool finish in a superb team move against Liverpool; the 25-yard shot against Stoke (when McLeish celebrated getting a draw as if we had won the CL); the control and finish from Lowton's superb cross-field pass in the 6-1 demolition of Sunderland; his goal against Man City in an improbable 3-2 win and his goal against Man U where he hit the ball so hard it seemed like it would come through the other side of the net like french fries.

Derby have got a decent forward line for next season. If they can harness Weimann's strengths correctly he'll score loads for them.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

haha yeah man

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Weimann had an alright season or two then became a bit poo poo. £2m to a championship side sounds about right.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Joe Gomez to Liverpool? That's a done deal:

Other clubs need to pull their fingers out imo

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

hell i loved it

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

stop posting here you human being

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

ronniegardocki posted:

stop posting here you human being

haha yeah man

What would your preferred Liverpool code-tags line up be this season?

Think i'd go with Buffon in goal and then just ten Messi's IMO

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Liverpool have so many diamonds in the rough they should go into the carbide business.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

haha yeah man

No one is posting this itt, gently caress off

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ronaldinho had his contract terminated by Queretaro, so everybody can feel free to start putting him into their code tag formations for their club.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

haha yeah man

Cargo cult posting.

EvilHawk posted:

Joe Gomez to Liverpool? That's a done deal:

Other clubs need to pull their fingers out imo

We shouldn't bother developing young players if we're gonna gently caress them about and have them leave when they good. I'd rather we sign some finished articles.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Valdifiori to Napoli for €5m is a done deal. We've discussed this in the Serie A thread, but this is a really nice deal for Napoli, Valdifiori was excellent as a midfield playmaker for Empoli under Napoli's new manager Sarri, so this should help Sarri get settled in at Napoli. Valdifiori had been with Empoli since they were in the 3rd division Lega Pro.

And in non-done deal fanfic posting, after it looked like Milan had deals locked up for both Jackson Martinez and Kondogbia, it's being reported that Kondogbia to Inter is basically done and Martinez is headed to Atletico to replace Mandzukic.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I really hope Bojan and Marco lure their mate Sergi to Stoke because having Stoke become the house for misfit la liga youth stars tickles me

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

trem_two posted:

Ronaldinho had his contract terminated by Queretaro, so everybody can feel free to start putting him into their code tag formations for their club.

i don't care how old or fat someone gets if i loved them before i still want them, hell just ask my wife

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

cannot wait to see marseille's next season after these transfers

on the other hand they're a lock for the Ligue 2 title in two seasons time

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

i don't care how old or fat someone gets if i loved them before i still want them, hell just ask my wife

Fernando "Ferrari" Torres?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

And in non-done deal fanfic posting, after it looked like Milan had deals locked up for both Jackson Martinez and Kondogbia, it's being reported that Kondogbia to Inter is basically done and Martinez is headed to Atletico to replace Mandzukic.

Came to post this, I am fuming. Galliani's pussy footing around has cost Milan what would've been 2 great transfers. The Martinez one I can understand but Milan's unwillingness to spend a bit more cost us Kondogbia. Inter is in no better of a position league and competition wise so it's down to cash.

Supposedly De Jong is staying so that might lessen it a bit but as soon as someone puts in a reasonable wage offer I bet he's out too. I'm mad. I'm mad as hell.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Howedes has turned down Arsenal and Milan to stay at Schalke. It's nice to see a bit of loyalty I guess but I'd have liked to see him at Arsenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Staying in the same place, eh? It's probably so he at least has a vague sense of where he's supposed to be.

• Locked thread