Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Can someone refresh my memory on the point in the Season Pass?
(probably wrong) There's supposed to be something new released every month for six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SonicRulez posted:

I knew the Batmobile was gonna flop. I want no parts of vehicle combat or really any vehicle segment. I know it's part of Batman, but still, I wish we could've just...not.

Can someone refresh my memory on the point in the Season Pass? I pre-ordered at GameStop, so I'm already getting Harley and Jason. Is it just Barbara and some skins? Cause that doesn't seem worth $40.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family
An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series.

The Season of Infamy
Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

Is all that worth the price tag? Who knows; probably not. Especially since there's almost guaranteed to be a Game of the Year all-inclusive edition at some point. Video games.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 19, 2015

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Season Passes are almost never worth it.

By the time new content comes out you've probably moved onto another game and won't get back into the last one until way later when you could get it for a big discount anyway.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

The Arkham Knight is going to be Joker's cloned corpse of brainwashed Jason Todd, hypnotized by the Mad Hatter into believing he is Talia al Ghul, surgically planted in a HARDAC body replica of Barbara Gordon, enhanced with meditation techniques passed down by Lady Shiva(really a fake imitation created by Poison Ivy) that have rewritten its personality to mimic Damien, transformed by the Lazarus Pit and the treatments of the ghost of Professor Strange into a perfect copy of Solomon Wayne that believes he is the heir of the mantle of Batman's future Cadmus project clone-child's illegitimate ward, Man-Bat, only he's gone into a fugue state where he believes he is actually a retconned character from a previous version of the universe(before Ultimate Crisis), Red Hood, who has a secondary backup personality in the case of subconscious tampering by the Court of Owls, which has prepared for the situation by studying and perfectly mimicking the behaviors, tics and techniques of the Gray Ghost, which will be revealed to call himself the Joker, Azazreyzael.

I would throughly enjoy this. :golfclap:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Batmobile sections look a lot like Burnout Paradise to me, just looking for stuff to smash through or ramp off of so I'll probably be one of like a dozen people who will actually enjoy the Batmobile sections.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm a bit iffy on the Batmobile so far. It seems to be shoehorned into a lot of places that don't necessarily require it. The chase with Firefly reminds me too much of GTA for comfort.

I can't help but wonder what the reason for Batman doing races with Riddler is. Hostages again? Just an excuse to make Riddler even more neurotic?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I really don't care if the main story is garbage, so long as there are a lot of side missions that let me Batman around, catching villains and doing (fake but cool looking) detective work. I hope whoever takes over making Batman games after this goes in more of a GTA direction, where most of the narrative driven content is side missions clustered into individual cases. I don't even need or really want a big overarching story, unless the writers really have something clever and fresh to bring to the table. Give me 20 cases with 5-10 missions each and I'll be happy.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

I really don't care if the main story is garbage, so long as there are a lot of side missions that let me Batman around, catching villains and doing (fake but cool looking) detective work.
I just finished listening to the VideoGamerTV youtube review, and they pretty much say that that's exactly what you will get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lssMmhoGuo8

(it's an all-audio, spoiler-free review, btw, the video is just from earlier promotional gameplay)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

I really don't care if the main story is garbage, so long as there are a lot of side missions that let me Batman around, catching villains and doing (fake but cool looking) detective work. I hope whoever takes over making Batman games after this goes in more of a GTA direction, where most of the narrative driven content is side missions clustered into individual cases. I don't even need or really want a big overarching story, unless the writers really have something clever and fresh to bring to the table. Give me 20 cases with 5-10 missions each and I'll be happy.

they probably aren't making anymore for a long while. seems like WB Studios is going to lean on stuff like Mordor and Mad Max, which has become spiritual successors in terms of the open world and the combat systems.

Rocksteady should work with Monolith next to ensure we get a fuller, more fleshed out Mordor game.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm a bit iffy on the Batmobile so far. It seems to be shoehorned into a lot of places that don't necessarily require it. The chase with Firefly reminds me too much of GTA for comfort.
I can't help but wonder what the reason for Batman doing races with Riddler is. Hostages again? Just an excuse to make Riddler even more neurotic?

Riddler somehow creating these giant racetracks makes zero loving sense but I don't care because it's dumb fun. Personally I probably won't bother to obsess over every single Riddler thing because I am sick to loving death of it, though. WB is slowly becoming Ubisoft in terms of "collect them all" bullshit. Mordor had stuff like that too but much of it was at least tied to missions or generally interesting exploration.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think Riddler is down to 200 collectables this time from the 440 in City. Apparently they're supposed to be more unique this time, or something.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

Personally I probably won't bother to obsess over every single Riddler thing because I am sick to loving death of it, though.

Heh... I was actually just reading that the really-totally-final ending is locked behind 100% completion, including getting all of the Riddler stuff.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Veotax posted:

I think Riddler is down to 200 collectables this time from the 440 in City. Apparently they're supposed to be more unique this time, or something.

Well they're also not split between two characters this time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

Well they're also not split between two characters this time.

Eh, Catwoman only had 40 trophies/challenges compared to Batman's 400. It actually helped out if you wanted to see the end of the Riddler storyline but didn't want to collect everything. The end of the Riddler side mission required 400 challenges completed, if you don't get any of Catwoman's (or can't play as Catwoman, if you brought the game used on a console) you had to get every single Batman challenge, the Catwoman challenges give you a small amount of leniency.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So if I just walk into a store and buy this in 2 months, I won't get any extra goodies? Or do I still get the Scarecrow missions and a few skins just for buying the PS4 version?

And are those missions/skins downloadable via a code? Meaning if I buy the game used I won't get them?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

:eng101: 243!

edit:
New Arkham Insider With Even More Yelling Europeans:
https://youtu.be/8y8W81ZCPF0

The best new bit is the Batman-Vehicle-Takedown, which I hadn't seen before. It's the last fan question.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 19, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

So if I just walk into a store and buy this in 2 months, I won't get any extra goodies? Or do I still get the Scarecrow missions and a few skins just for buying the PS4 version?

And are those missions/skins downloadable via a code? Meaning if I buy the game used I won't get them?

yeah you just get the PS4 poo poo I think, the Scarecrow missions and 2 skins. Preorder is preorder no matter what.
They mentioned that whatever you miss from preorder will be eventually included in DLC, though. I take it this also means certain things like the Steam preorder costumes, too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, some of those Batman trophies were BS. Catwoman's were easier to get.

And the trophy number in Arkham Knight is 243, which is three more than were in Asylum.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

redbackground posted:

The best new bit is the Batman-Vehicle-Takedown, which I hadn't seen before. It's the last fan question.

Someone please make a gif of that (roughly 10:46). TIA

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Remember how everyone was joking about Batman running over people with this car?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Oh my word yes I finally have the ability to land on a car and drag a man out of it.

I AM BATMAN YESSSSSS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you don't, I will.

I believe I already have.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

It's Jason Todd.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
I'll collect trinkets til the cows come home, but I wasn't able to 100% City because of the Challenges because I suck at combat :(

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: This is a joke, just to be clear.

Thanks.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

redbackground posted:

I just finished listening to the VideoGamerTV youtube review, and they pretty much say that that's exactly what you will get.

I'm definitely in then.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
On some level, aren't we all Jason Todd? Makes u think.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Arkham Knight takes off their helmet and it's the Batmobile making menancing revving sounds.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

On some level, aren't we all Jason Todd?

An unlikeable kid that people voted to have killed who comes back as a bitter and jaded adult?

Sounds about right.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can;t believe that Arkham Knight is Jason Todd.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jason Todd is the third Robin who died at the hands of the Joker and became the vigilante Red Hood later.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

net cafe scandal posted:

Jason Todd is the third Robin who died at the hands of the Joker and became the vigilante Red Hood later.

Second Robin. Third was Tim Drake.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

Spoke too soon - my game and SP codes just appeared in my email.

Did you use the NZGameshop as well? Mine says dispatched but I don't have a key in my email so I hope they're not doing anything dumb like snailmailing me a cdkey...

Also thanks for all the help, fella.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

net cafe scandal posted:

At least make sure you are correct at least with your trivia. 2nd Robin and he was a crime lord before he became a vigilante.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jason Todd is the second Robin, who becomes a crime lord, then a vigilante, and then the Arkham Knight.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Carl Kent is Bat Man's newest Robin. He can turn Red Electric or Blue Electric.

E: I also enjoy Spiderman.
VVV

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 20, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Apologies to my comic reading brethren... guess I've always been a Marvel guy :P

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Right, spoilers are coming out. Time to leave the thread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

Did you use the NZGameshop as well? Mine says dispatched but I don't have a key in my email so I hope they're not doing anything dumb like snailmailing me a cdkey...

Also thanks for all the help, fella.

I got mine from them and the steam code was in the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got mine from them and the steam code was in the mail.

That... seems a silly way to do things. The mail system where I live is garbage to the point where I saw an article in the paper the other day where a letter look 8 days to get across town, having worked for the mail center here I can vouch for that being predictable. So much for playing the game on release, sigh.

• Locked thread