Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm curious about the alternate universe where Simmons is played by Kristen Schaal/ we never evolved past Shakespeare play casting and every part is played by a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Phylodox posted:

Is there an alternate universe where Jemma Simmons is played by Danielle Panabaker and Caitlin Snow is played by Elizabeth Henstridge and would anyone notice?

No.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

RareAcumen posted:

I'm curious about the alternate universe where Simmons is played by Kristen Schaal/ we never evolved past Shakespeare play casting and every part is played by a man.

"Finally, the part I was born to play!"

-Bruce Jenner

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Soylentbits posted:

That just sounds like an excuse to put her into a leather bikini.

Don't see the problem here.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Have to figure out what's going on in a New Jersey city where there is a vigilante who can control the size of her body.

That or the Mysterious number of Squirrels fighting criminals in NYC.

There's way too many rumors of Kamala Khan appearing in some non-comics media for nothing happening.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

That or the Mysterious number of Squirrels fighting criminals in NYC.

There's way too many rumors of Kamala Khan appearing in some non-comics media for nothing happening.

She has already met Simmons in the Shield comic and was given her card.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

-Bruce Jenner

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

She has already met Simmons in the Shield comic and was given her card.

Yep. It makes sense from what we saw, with them trying to gather powered people. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw lots of b and c listers this season. Why hello there Tigra.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Is there an alternate universe where Jemma Simmons is played by Danielle Panabaker and Caitlin Snow is played by Elizabeth Henstridge and would anyone notice?

Idk, can Panabaker do a british accent/Henstridge do an american accent?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Irish Joe posted:

-Bruce Jenner

Hey, Irish Joe, shut up!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Kamala is going to be in the Avengers Assemble cartoon with Carol Danvers.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think the whole "Ms. Marvel TV series by the creator of American Crime" thing was probably rock bottom as far as this year's rumor-that-doesn't-even-make-any-sense-but-somehow-gained-traction-by-combo-of-wishful-thinking-and-inertia goes.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 18, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

That was the most likely rumor I heard. I may actually watch that show. Tried to watch the first episodes, but the show just reminded me how much better EMH was.

So, we'll probably have to wait for the upfronts to even have a tiny bit of info of whats going on in season 3?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 19, 2015

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The MSJ posted:

:confused:

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

It's going to be hard for them to get their foot in the door.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Kamala Khan, the jailbait Ms. Marvel for anime fans.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

In the comics, her enemy is a clone of Ben Franklin who had bird DNA mistakenly added.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

GreenNight posted:

In the comics, her enemy is a clone of Ben Franklin who had bird DNA mistakenly added.

Are you sure that isn't Dr. McNinja? that sounds like Dr. McNinja.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pander posted:

Are you sure that isn't Dr. McNinja? that sounds like Dr. McNinja.

Nope, and he uses teens as living batteries. It was serious enough Wolverine had to investigate.

Her new enemies are a group of evil inhuman teens.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Her series really is fantastic. After the Inventor was revealed, I started looking forward to her book more than any other because it's just so wonderfully goofy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Nope, and he uses teens as living batteries. It was serious enough Wolverine had to investigate.

Her new enemies are a group of evil inhuman teens.

I wonder if they will bring the negative effects of the mist in the series. It would be really dark if they give her brother the mist treatment and ends up like Trip.
What I want in the show

Serf
May 5, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if they will bring the negative effects of the mist in the series. It would be really dark if they give her brother the mist treatment and ends up like Trip.
What I want in the show

Nah, the Mist doesn't do anything to regular people. Trip got disintegrated because a piece of the diviner was stuck in him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Serf posted:

Nah, the Mist doesn't do anything to regular people. Trip got disintegrated because a piece of the diviner was stuck in him.

Yeah I am just saying that I hope they do not take that aspect from the show, as he has been captured by a splinter group.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Magneto Rex posted:

It's going to be hard for them to get their foot in the door.

That was mean :(

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Kamala Khan, the jailbait Ms. Marvel for anime fans.

:golfclap: You've outdone yourself this time.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I was hoping for Papa Shango.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

What I want in the show

Well who doesn't like hugs? :kimchi:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
When is this starting again? I'm starting to miss it.

I hope we're going to get more Badass Skie scenes where she kills 20 guys without effort.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Dalael posted:

September 29th, so there is a while to go.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Dalael posted:

I hope we're going to get more Badass Skie scenes where she kills 20 guys without effort.

Netflix binge-watch season 2. You know you want to.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

hope and vaseline posted:

Netflix binge-watch season 2. You know you want to.

I saw season 2 was on Netflix and I was trying to think of a standout episode to rewatch and came up blank. Yes, there are some good moments scattered throughout the season, but there wasn't a single episode where I thought to myself "that was a drat fine hour of television."

I can't imagine binge watching this show and not wanting to kill yourself after the third episode.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Irish Joe posted:

I saw season 2 was on Netflix and I was trying to think of a standout episode to rewatch and came up blank. Yes, there are some good moments scattered throughout the season, but there wasn't a single episode where I thought to myself "that was a drat fine hour of television."

I can't imagine binge watching this show and not wanting to kill yourself after the third episode.

The last episode of the season was pretty much that... A drat fine hour of television.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So today's AoS comic straight up has Quake being called Skye, being inhuman and Zabo being drawn to look like Kyle McLaughlin.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh. I thought Quake was off in space with Bucky assassinating aliens and poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dexo posted:

Eh. I thought Quake was off in space with Bucky assassinating aliens and poo poo.

Lets be honest no one knows what is going on in that book

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Lets be honest no one knows what is going on in that book

I've seen more coherent Pollock paintings.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Irish Joe posted:

Hmm how about the episode where may takes out an entire inhumans operation or the one where former agent Skye becomes quake? Or the one where real shield is revealed

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, I watched season 2 on Netflix as soon as it came out, like, less than a month after the season ended and it was still awesome.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Been catching up with this after binge-watching Daredevil. It takes a while to pick up, but once the movie tie-ins start rolling in it gets a good deal better. I think my main gripe is that it's Agents of SHIELD but some of the more prominent SHIELD agents aren't actually in it much. I'd love to see Titus Welliver and Cobie Smulders more often - was it just schedule conflicts, or did they turn down bigger roles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Hmm how about the episode where may takes out an entire inhumans operation or the one where former agent Skye becomes quake? Or the one where real shield is revealed

How about the part where Bobby beats the poo poo out of Ward? That was great. I could watch an entire episode of that.

• Locked thread