Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i still have a steve phone 4 with ios 6 on it for an apple tv/plex remote. will it be worth money some day if i never upgrade it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Dodoman posted:

lol okay dude

i think you meant to type ipad air 2
i have a mini 1 and it still works great

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

at the date posted:

yeah, because when Microsoft does it, it totally flies under the radar thanks to the vast conspiracy of Microsoft-adoring journalists

nah it's like a retard at a care home crapping his pants versus the president of the united states crapping his pants

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i have the ipads3 and it's still just fine

i dont' use it for ios games or whatever but it's acceptable enough i'm not buying a newer version soon or anything

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

has he announced his plans yet

he's always fun to watch

he's gonna operate a hedge fund for ballmer or something

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

PleasureKevin posted:

he's gonna operate a hedge fund for ballmer or something

out of touch baby boomers unite!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
What company will Stephen Elop steal for Microsoft next? http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/8796465/grand-theft-elop

i guess that's elop's reputation now, even if that is a comedy article

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Wheany posted:

What company will Stephen Elop steal for Microsoft next? http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/17/8796465/grand-theft-elop

i guess that's elop's reputation now, even if that is a comedy article

i'm the pull quote right after the original text that makes it look like the author is screaming, in case no one read it the first time around

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

THC posted:

if you're typing on an ipad very much you're using it for the wrong things

whiny apple trolls: IPADS ARE FOR CONSUMPTION NOT CREATION

*rich, sexy, successful apple users create content on ipads*

whiny apple trolls: STOP YOURE USING IT WRONG

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Microsoft has teamed up with Indian gadget maker iBall to launch the Splendo, a dongle-sized PC that runs Windows 8.1.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

horse mans posted:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

isn't that more like Surface marketing department?

horse mans posted:

whiny surface marketing: IPADS ARE FOR CONSUMPTION NOT CREATION

whiny surface marketing: STOP IT! MICROSOFT SURFACE WITH BING IS THE BESTEST CONTENT PLATFORM

*props iPad up with Surface, now someone is creating content on a surface*

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i'm the pull quote right after the original text that makes it look like the author is screaming, in case no one read it the first time around

they've always done pull quotes terribly. shouldn't they only really be used for quotes from someone interviewed for the article?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
*considers conference write ups and product reviews and the email their mom sends them content*

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Scott Forstall posted:

they've always done pull quotes terribly. shouldn't they only really be used for quotes from someone interviewed for the article?

in this case (the ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ review) it's a pull-quote right after the paragraph it's from, and it's one column so it's not doing anything to break up a page layout to make it more interesting

god drat the verge infuriates me

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the quotes they pull are also really big, red, and distracting, so i often find myself reading them before the paragraph above them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

THC posted:

i have a mini 1 and it still works great

women are lying to you about this, hth

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
microsoft owns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

horse mans posted:

no one has ever created worthwhile content on an ipad.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
cam girls maybe?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Shaggar posted:

it's weird how you think impossible-to-substantiate non sequiturs like this are worth posting

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Shaggar posted:

When i got my canna clinic card, the "doctor" interviewed me remotely on an iPad.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im not saying you cant "create content" (ugh) on an ipad. sure you can. its just tablets aren't the best for typing words.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 19, 2015

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

THC posted:

When i got my canna clinic card, the "doctor" interviewed me remotely on an iPad.

username post combo

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the guy you makes https://www.afterpad.com does it all on an ipad, coding and all.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

horse mans posted:

it's weird how you think impossible-to-substantiate non sequiturs like this are worth posting

You've crossed over into the Shaggar Zone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

horse mans posted:

idk what you mean. do you have examples of worthwhile content made on an ipad? I've never seen any

pram
Jun 10, 2001
teh shaggemeister

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

THC posted:

im not saying you cant "create content" (ugh) on an ipad. sure you can. its just tablets aren't the best for typing words.

tablets are ok at viewing websites (unless its an ipad and then its not very good at viewing websites so you need an native app version of the website) but that's about it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
then why did microsoft change their entire operating system to mimic tablet usability shagger

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
because they wanted to see if they could make it work but they couldn't. it was a failure so they reversed it all.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
why did microsoft put a tablet interface on windows server

pram
Jun 10, 2001
'tablets are useless' - microsoft fanboy shagger at his auto de fe in the court of ballmer shortly before being burned for heresy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tablets aren't useless. they're for browsing websites (or in the case of ipad the web sites native app because it would be too slow to use the web site)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk about the tablet thing for servers tho cause i don't rdp into the servers

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anyone remember the old windows tablets that everyone hated that were around for years? then ipad came out and people started buying and using them lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

idk about the tablet thing for servers tho cause i don't rdp into the servers

to refresh everyones memory lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pram posted:

to refresh everyones memory lol

this should be framed and hung up in every office at microsoft to remind them of their lowest point

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
dont quote shaggar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if only there was a website where you could see content made on the iPad... would be very handy

also, how do I get stupid Remote Desktop for free in Windows 8? like full RDP whatever. I can pay the student rate of 70$ but loving really.

• Locked thread