Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morby
Sep 6, 2007

A Millen Buckaroo posted:

It wasn't like LSU was doing great at QB before Cam got there. They seem to have gotten about the same result at QB ever since the 2008 season with 3 different OCs.

It just mystifies me because LSU pulls in absurd amounts of talent consistently. Like, yeah, Cam Newton and Jamarcus Russell aren't walkin through that door again, but surely they can get better than Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when the gently caress did Auburn move to Louisiana i'm fuckin confused

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Alouicious posted:

when the gently caress did Auburn move to Louisiana i'm fuckin confused

Just using examples of recent generational talent type QBs. I suppose I should have put Tim Tebow on that list as well, but you get the point.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Morby posted:

It just mystifies me because LSU pulls in absurd amounts of talent consistently. Like, yeah, Cam Newton and Jamarcus Russell aren't walkin through that door again, but surely they can get better than Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee.

I was amazed LSU or Florida couldn't get an Ohio State QB to transfer

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MourningView posted:

yeah but the harris poll

That was Darien Harris' ring, which is why it said Harris

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

we have this will grier

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Raku posted:

I think I remember Les Miles actually saying he wasn't interested in either OSU or ND quarterbacks

A Millen Buckaroo
Oct 6, 2007

Morby posted:

I think Jefferson and Lee were both 4-star guys. Jennings was too. When they all got forced into games they kinda looked like they might be pretty good, and then they get more coaching and it all goes to hell.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spintzel posted:

I think I remember Les Miles actually saying he wasn't interested in either OSU or ND quarterbacks

With ND that makes sense but shiit, those other guys are legit

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
At least the Harris Poll isnt Pigly Wigly.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Rad Valtar posted:

At least the Harris Poll isnt Pigly Wigly.

It might as well be. It's just a bunch of old white men who are afraid of change and the modern spread offense.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Owen's poll #5 ranking???

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Radical thought: it's their last name and the AP poll ranking.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

As of today, it sounds like we did get the #3 QB at Purdue to transfer.

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*-fml

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

I'm pretty surprised at this too.

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009
RIP Wheez. I was actually at the "We Want Bama" sign game. And drunkenly/in true WSU fashion, started the chant with him at a quiet point to try and get it on the telecast.

What a cool guy/good poster/good coug fan. go cougs forever and ill drink fireball and cry at losses in his honor

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So I've got a pretty good, pretty prominent spot in the endzone, and I would totally take a "We Want Wazzou" sign and find a pole to hide behind, but... Well, I'm a Tech fan and with Leach at Wazzou, that would probably be very poorly received...

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That was Darien Harris' ring, which is why it said Harris

I'm going with the Harris Poll.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Owen's poll #5 ranking???

Bama claims an Owen's Poll 1983 national championship.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
UCLA OL coach Adrian Klemm is back with the team following a three month suspension, although he's still under investigation apparently by UCLA and the NCAA for alleged violations. Still don't really know what's going on with that. I figured it was pretty serious if he got suspended indefinitely (with pay) but now he's back so who knows. Our recruiting class is doing alright so I doubt it's some kind of "gently caress it just go out and recruit for a month before we get penalized" desperation move, so hopefully they're confident that we'll get away with it he didn't do anything too wrong.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
COOKIN' WITH BERT

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
More like "catering with Bert". You know he doesn't eat vegetables.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

His shirt says NEVER YIELD (PIG)

Its a warning to anyone that tries to take pork from him

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Sash! posted:

His shirt says NEVER YIELD (PIG)

Its a warning to anyone that tries to take pork from him

It's a misprint, it's supposed to say "NEVER YIELD 2 (PIG)"

Bret Bielema hates cops

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bret Bielema owns

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He's on a bacon cleanse.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

What are the odds Bielema chucked a half empty Budweiser can at someone out of an IROC while yelling "QUEER!"?

Bonus question: what are the odds he did that this year?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

An alabama fan makes a video about urban meyer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUGIJRkGj4

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

What are the odds Bielema chucked a half empty Budweiser can at someone out of an IROC while yelling "QUEER!"?

Bonus question: what are the odds he did that this year?

It was probs a F150 but otherwise like 50/50

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

He's on a bacon cleanse.

As in "I have cleansed this store of all its bacon."

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

It was probs a F150 but otherwise like 50/50

Oh like he doesn't have a F350

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Alabama and FSU have agreed to play each other in Atlanta for the season opener in 2017. Barring any meetups in bowl games between now and then, it'll be the first time they've played each other since 2007.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

Oh like he doesn't have a F350

He's got the dually package that comes with pre-installed truck nuts.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

An alabama fan makes a video about urban meyer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUGIJRkGj4

An Alabama fan complaining that someone else's coach is a petty douche is a pretty big :ironicat: .

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Most of his tweets over the past year have been his cooking and there are a lot of vegetables so maybe he has decided to adopt a more healthy diet since arriving to the Natural State.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Something that always struck me as odd is how out of shape a lot (or at least enough) coaches are. Kliff is the outlier, but I would think that you would want to set a good example for your players, especially if you are surrounded by top notch S&C people.

E: And furthermore, I really wish that sports organizations, pro and college, worked with former players to get them in good shape after their careers are done. Seeing old linemen that are blobs kinda makes me a bit sad.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It probably doesn't help that they're also at ages where blobhood is harder and harder to fight off, plus they're kinda broken anyhow.

I once saw Franco Harris walking down the street and he moved like he had two peg legs.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Bert Bliemer got the meat sweats. Gotta gruffle that hog

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

It probably doesn't help that they're also at ages where blobhood is harder and harder to fight off, plus they're kinda broken anyhow.

I once saw Franco Harris walking down the street and he moved like he had two peg legs.

True but look at what Burt is cooking there. Like 30000 calories worth of food right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
why would anyone think a coach at bama is a douche

they are all good, kind men i'd like to kiss

• Locked thread