Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
What's the cheapest prepaid sim out there? I just need something with text for testing purposes. I miiiiiiiiiiight also need a smidge of data, voice probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightbulb Out posted:

This is serious. I need to go buy a used, overpriced, still forced induction Hyundai ASAP.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Lightbulb Out posted:

This is serious. I need to go buy a Hyundai ASAP.

My wife drives a Hyuandai. But its a moderately priced, mid sized sedan that gets good gas mileage. Because she has to get to work.

Or else she could get fired! :boom:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

blk posted:

What's the cheapest prepaid sim out there? I just need something with text for testing purposes. I miiiiiiiiiiight also need a smidge of data, voice probably not.

A few years ago I needed a SIM for basic testing stuff, so I went to the AT&T store... I paid something like $10-20 for a prepaid card with enough data/texting/voice to do my tests. Maybe give your local store a call.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

prepaid card with 500mb of data was like $35 through Tmobile i think

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

blk posted:

T-mobile has a "pay as you go" plan - for $3 you get 30 minutes or 30 texts (or any combination of the two adding up to 30) for up to 30 days, once you hit 30 additional minutes/messages are $.10. If you need mobile data you can add it on - $5 for 500 MB for one day, or $10 for 1 GB for one week.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 19, 2015

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Holy poo poo gently caress Dell.

My company buys super expensive tier 1 A++ mega laptop warranties from them, and I have literally spent 5 hours of company time calling/chatting with Dell, then the middleman company who Dell uses to schedule techs to do warranty work.

The middlemans call center is in India, which then routes the ticket changes I requested to the local dispatcher. The local dispatcher doesnt get the changes, so I have a frustrated tech calling me, asking why I am not available to get my computer fixed in person.

I am not getting my computer fixed, its a user who has waited 3 incompetence filled days to get a 15 minute laptop lcd replacement.

My director has some weight to throw around regarding our Dell contract, I am going to fill her in on how poorly this has gone and how much end user time has been wasted so far. Maybe she will get a $$ percentage off some SSDs or something :unsmith:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

PaintVagrant posted:

Is all you needed to say.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

User just called me back, she left the laptop at home.

~goodbye cruel world~

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If somebody can make something like this but with "SHINY AND CHROME" or "LOVELY DAY", I will paypal them $30.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

My company buys super expensive tier 1 A++ mega laptop warranties from them, and I have literally spent 5 hours of company time calling/chatting with Dell, then the middleman company who Dell uses to schedule techs to do warranty work.

The middlemans call center is in India, which then routes the ticket changes I requested to the local dispatcher. The local dispatcher doesnt get the changes, so I have a frustrated tech calling me, asking why I am not available to get my computer fixed in person.

I am not getting my computer fixed, its a user who has waited 3 incompetence filled days to get a 15 minute laptop lcd replacement.

My director has some weight to throw around regarding our Dell contract, I am going to fill her in on how poorly this has gone and how much end user time has been wasted so far. Maybe she will get a $$ percentage off some SSDs or something :unsmith:

My father worked for Dell from essentially the beginning in 1985 to 2001 and they have always, always, always had problems with their 3rd party remote warranty tech middlemen. The two tiers of warranty work that are actually useful are either the depot warranty or the tier you get when someone at the company buying the machines gets a tech certification from Dell and can just order and replace the parts him/herself. Businesses (especially in the early days) demanded these on-site repair warranties so Dell sells them, but they can suck so bad.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Geirskogul posted:

If somebody can make something like this but with "SHINY AND CHROME" or "LOVELY DAY", I will paypal them $30.

I can work on it tonight, but no promises.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

bennyfactor posted:

My father worked for Dell from essentially the beginning in 1985 to 2001 and they have always, always, always had problems with their 3rd party remote warranty tech middlemen. The two tiers of warranty work that are actually useful are either the depot warranty or the tier you get when someone at the company buying the machines gets a tech certification from Dell and can just order and replace the parts him/herself.

Yeah I am certified, and ordered the parts. But I support remote users/branches so I can't fix this other than ordering a tech to replace the parts in the field, or having the user ship me the machine and I can fix it and ship it back.

Generally we submit the order with our troubleshooting, then the same day its approved and a tech is out the following day. It is almost never a saga of 5 days of ineptitude like this, but it is becoming more common and its super frustrating. We pay bananas money for these warranties so I feel we shouldnt have to spend this much time with middlemen resolving a basic issue of "tech didnt show up when he was supposed to". :ughh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PaintVagrant posted:

Yeah I am certified, and ordered the parts. But I support remote users/branches so I can't fix this other than ordering a tech to replace the parts in the field, or having the user ship me the machine and I can fix it and ship it back.

Generally we submit the order with our troubleshooting, then the same day its approved and a tech is out the following day. It is almost never a saga of 5 days of ineptitude like this, but it is becoming more common and its super frustrating. We pay bananas money for these warranties so I feel we shouldnt have to spend this much time with middlemen resolving a basic issue of "tech didnt show up when he was supposed to". :ughh:

This happened to me too, I was finally able to basically berate the service manager to the point that they sent me the part next day. They tried the whole 'We need to diagnose this' and I finally told them to eat it and give me the part I knew I needed.

They offered to come install it but I told them not to even bother. Dell then gave us a 3 year warranty pro-bono because of all the issues.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Waiting for the inevitable "why is everybody always picking on me" post.

:allears:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I can literally get fired for not having a car for a few days. It's important.

Seriously dude, if all you need is a driving appliance to get to and from work then go get an old cop car for cheap. They're not glamourous or turbocharged, but it's a car.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

You know the dino one is a FYAD thing right? I think it's actually someones avatar. Not that it matters if you want it of course.

Oh yeah i wondered why that looked so familiar to me. I guess this works out since I just paid the bills and have less spending money than I anticipated, but i figured something else out for next week.

If anyone wants to play H1Z1 with me I'll be playing a bit this afternoon before 4p EST

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

blk posted:

$30 is probably still more than you want to spend, but there's the T-Mo Nerd Plan that you can snag at Walmart. 100 minutes voice, unlimited text, 5GB 4G data + unlimited slow data. Geoj's pay-as-you-go is probably what you really want.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Goober Peas posted:

Waiting for the inevitable "why is everybody always picking on me" post.

:allears:

Nah, he'll just keep posting his random stream of consciousness replies.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Tusen Takk posted:

If anyone wants to play H1Z1 with me I'll be playing a bit this afternoon before 4p EST

You play with flu strains?

:haw:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Zombie Flu.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MustardFacial posted:

Seriously dude, if all you need is a driving appliance to get to and from work then go get an old cop car for cheap. They're not glamourous or turbocharged, but it's a car.

If I moved to the US it'd be a hard choice between a Comanche and a Crown Vic for the first car I bought.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Cakefool posted:

If I moved to the US it'd be a hard choice between a Comanche and a Crown Vic for the first car I bought.

One of these vehicles comes in standard trans, 4x4, from the factory, and the other doesn't. :smug:

It doesn't burn out coil packs either.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I love how people I have on ignore still feel the need to somehow quote me. Get a life you loser.

And I refuse to get a boring rear end car. I can do that when I am old and have kids. Manual and semi-quick or bust. My life sucks balls and the only happiness I get is from driving around so I can't drive something boring. I will turn into an even bigger rear end in a top hat shithead than I am now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know money doesn't equal happiness but I know I would be really happy making $38/hr

How old are you again? I forget

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

kastein posted:

One of these vehicles comes in standard trans, 4x4, from the factory, and the other doesn't. :smug:

It doesn't burn out coil packs either.

True. And I like wagons so I could replace the crown Vic with a Buick roadmaster, were they available manual?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I love how people I have on ignore still feel the need to somehow quote me. Get a life you loser.

I wonder how he knows that people he is ignoring are quoting him.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah until I get laid off for another year. The money is great but it ain't steady work. I do have two standing job offers from non-union shops. The pay is less but work is work. One of my good friends is the project manager at one of the two shops so I will hit him up once work slows down here. I am 26, but I have severe depression and anxiety issues as well, along with anger issues as you all could probably have guessed.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Cakefool posted:

I had a 91 CV as my first car and it was awesome. My grandmother had an 03 that my parents now have and I'd love to rescue it from them. I really love em and wish they hadn't discontinued them.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My old man has been toying with the idea of getting a Merc Marauder for a little now. Only reason he sold hos old Vic was cuz the heater core died. Before that he had two Caprice Classics. I wrecked his 90 Caprice with 35k miles in like 05 or 06 coming home from school. :(

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My old man has been toying with the idea of getting a Merc Marauder for a little now. Only reason he sold hos old Vic was cuz the heater core died. Before that he had two Caprice Classics. I wrecked his 90 Caprice with 35k miles in like 05 or 06 coming home from school. :(

Are you the human version of Archer?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Phrasing.

And just when I think I am doing ok, my buddy just stopped by to blaze an L and tell me he just bought his 2nd house today.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Hope this works...

My old CV. I sold it for my Ranger years ago. I'd like another one, but I'll probably never find one in not beat to poo poo condition.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I am completely out of give-a-gently caress now.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

June Chat Thread: Too much advice given, Not enough advice taken

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Elephanthead posted:

Are you the human version of Archer?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2189

And speaking of which:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Phrasing.

And just when I think I am doing ok, my buddy just stopped by to blaze an L and tell me he just bought his 2nd house today.

I just got Ricco bingo.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hello friends. I have washed my car and bought some rhubarb gin

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bape Culture posted:

Hello friends. I have washed my car and bought some rhubarb gin
Rhubarb gin sounds delicious. Please post a drink report TIA.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rhubarb gin sounds good. I need to wash my car and vacuum it (but it's like fuckin' 100F/40C out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

We had a guy that would show up to track days with his. Supercharged, semi-slicks and upgraded brakes/suspension. Thing was a beast and great to watch haul rear end down the front straight then lay on the brakes so he could make turn 1. Car did a lot better than expected in the tighter sections of the track than expected.

Track pads arrived yesterday to go with the sticky rubber on the E30. Toss them on tomorrow morning and hope the rain holds off long enough to go play a bit. Might try to rig up a headrest support mount for the gopro. poo poo if I get really motivated I might start the E30 vs E28 write up and videos.

Brewfest tomorrow should be a good time. Pretty good selection of breweries and beer to try - http://knoxvillebrewfest.com/breweries-vendors/ Ticket prices were higher than I remembered but oh well.

• Locked thread