Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Boten Anna posted:

Wish I found this quest BEFORE I spent 350k on an onion holy poo poo

If anyone has any extra onions feel free to send them my way :allears:

:getin:

Good night onion market; Scratches, buddy, I'm taking you to the top!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Verranicus posted:

Soo, BLM got nerfed? How exactly?

Not really, their survivability took a hit and Flare's AoE got nerfed, but they also got buffs to their main attack spells. It's just that SMN was hugely buffed and BLM didn't seem to change much, though we still need to see how they work at 60 to make any kind of conclusions.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

another change to a skill that isn't reflected in its tool tip is that monk's shoulder tackle can now be used in melee range. it's not a huge buff, but it's a nice adjustment for some extra damage.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

If I already have an account that I bought a subscription for a year ago (now inactive) can I still use a friend's recruitment code to get 30 days of Heavensward?

Also do I also get the /brofist emote or does only the recruiter get that

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Finished stormcloak before work myself. The quest wall is going to be a huge complaint for returning players. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up hurting the game.

It's not even the quest wall itself, it's that one of the things you have to do for that quest wall is a rather hard boss requiring a decent amount of coordination... and you don't even get the Echo buff for wiping.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

pandaK posted:

If I already have an account that I bought a subscription for a year ago (now inactive) can I still use a friend's recruitment code to get 30 days of Heavensward?

Also do I also get the /brofist emote or does only the recruiter get that

If you paid for any time on your account you can't use a refer a friend code on your account afaik. For /brofist, it sounds like you only get it if you refer a friend or are referred by a friend.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Does anyone know if the new DoL skills help with gathering shards/crystals/clusters? It would be nice if I could make farming them less miserable by getting some skill that compliments the "*'s ward" skills.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GreatRedSpirit posted:

If you paid for any time on your account you can't use a refer a friend code on your account afaik. For /brofist, it sounds like you only get it if you refer a friend or are referred by a friend.

Well that sucks. Oh well, it's not like I got very far in my first month anyways guess I'll just make another account...

e: seriously though I'm just gonna vent here, if the package tells you that your 30 day subscription will activate once you actually boot up the game and login, then don't just backhand the user and start the subscription time when they download the game itself what a load of bullshit.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
SE showing they know their audience with these new retainer quotes

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm only level 40 on my main and working my way through the story. Is there any reason to purchase Heavensward now, or should I just wait until I finish up the literally eight billion main story quests I have left to go through?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

pandaK posted:

Well that sucks. Oh well, it's not like I got very far in my first month anyways guess I'll just make another account...

e: seriously though I'm just gonna vent here, if the package tells you that your 30 day subscription will activate once you actually boot up the game and login, then don't just backhand the user and start the subscription time when they download the game itself what a load of bullshit.

Was that first month on the time you get with the game? The game comes with a free month, once you paid for time (which is done once you run out of current play time. You can add a credit card to your account but it won't be charged until your current game time expires. Not sure about time cards) is when you are locked out of a refer a friend codes. It's probably best just to try to use one anyways before you buy a second copy, the worst the game will say is 'No'.

e: added quote

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kuvo posted:

Sold!

Good thing i still have a retainer fantasia.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
The visuals on the new ilvl 115 trash vendor set from Ishgard are pretty awesome. I am a pink and lavender dragonclown.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im stuck demoing a new loving training manual for the armed forces and the internet sucks here. Wish I was playing heavensward with you guys

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Kuvo posted:

no "baka" no sale :colbert:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The visuals on the new ilvl 115 trash vendor set from Ishgard are pretty awesome. I am a pink and lavender dragonclown.
The ninja i115 set is terrible, unfortunately, you all get shiny things with cool colors, chainmail or ribbons everywhere, while we're told "hey, here is your pyjamas, please wear them"
T-thanks ? :smith:

e:

Zanael fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 19, 2015

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Am I reading this right that Undersized Party will allow us to kinda cheese Coil and the EX Primals?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

I'm only level 40 on my main and working my way through the story. Is there any reason to purchase Heavensward now, or should I just wait until I finish up the literally eight billion main story quests I have left to go through?
Only if you wanna make a dragon girl. I don't think there's anything else you'd get out of HW until you finish Before the Fall.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Azubah posted:

Am I reading this right that Undersized Party will allow us to kinda cheese Coil and the EX Primals?

Yeah, but no gear drops.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GreatRedSpirit posted:

Was that first month on the time you get with the game? The game comes with a free month, once you paid for time (which is done once you run out of current play time. You can add a credit card to your account but it won't be charged until your current game time expires. Not sure about time cards) is when you are locked out of a refer a friend codes. It's probably best just to try to use one anyways before you buy a second copy, the worst the game will say is 'No'.

e: added quote

Yeah, I didn't buy any additional time, just the Amazon base game when it was on sale a year ago. I also tried to add the recruitment code and it seems to have gone through, but it also said that I wouldn't get the 30 day trial.

This is what my account page looks like now:

So will I still have to buy a subscription to play? What is even the purpose of the recruitment code in my case then?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Azubah posted:

Kinda, yeah. Mechanics that will kill you will still do so (like Levi EX rocking the boat, Titan EX landslides and we'll see if lv60 gear is enough to eat the plumes stacks he does) but they'll all melt faster. Some will become Coil T1 where you can safely ignore mechanics but others will be like T5 where it's easier but ignoring mechanics still gets you wiped. We'll see how it turns out as more people hit lv60 and go back farming ponies or newbies getting their wingbutt pants.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

pandaK posted:

Yeah, I didn't buy any additional time, just the Amazon base game when it was on sale a year ago. I also tried to add the recruitment code and it seems to have gone through, but it also said that I wouldn't get the 30 day trial.

This is what my account page looks like now:

So will I still have to buy a subscription to play? What is even the purpose of the recruitment code in my case then?

There's still a few bonuses, you'll still get the refer a friend bonuses like the friendship circlet that gives +20% EXP for all classes under lv25 for example. This page has what you get when you're referred by a friend. The 30 day trial is, I think, the same that you get when you buy the game which is why it's already expired.

e: And yeah, you'll have to buy time to continue playing by the looks of it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GreatRedSpirit posted:

There's still a few bonuses, you'll still get the refer a friend bonuses like the friendship circlet that gives +20% EXP for all classes under lv25 for example. This page has what you get when you're referred by a friend. The 30 day trial is, I think, the same that you get when you buy the game which is why it's already expired.

e: And yeah, you'll have to buy time to continue playing by the looks of it.

I don't have much hope for this option, but how good is SE's support center? I'm thinking of sending in a ticket about this since I couldn't actually make use of the initial 30 days back when it got activated.

Though I guess it wouldn't work since it's been a year and I should have sent the ticket back then in the first place...

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

posting again to say (what someone else pointed out to me) that dragon girls have an incredible resting bitch face

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

What's the most overused Lizardgirl tail and hair so far?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Mazed posted:

What's the most overused Lizardgirl tail and hair so far?

Neither used inthe picture are overused.

we are unique and amazing

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Minrad posted:

Yeah, but no gear drops.

No Treasure Coffers still spawn. What won't drop is anything from the trash mobs, and presumably the crafting mats that can drop from primals/coil bosses.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

pandaK posted:

I don't have much hope for this option, but how good is SE's support center? I'm thinking of sending in a ticket about this since I couldn't actually make use of the initial 30 days back when it got activated.

Though I guess it wouldn't work since it's been a year and I should have sent the ticket back then in the first place...

Oh, I'm dumb and misread your posts. I thought you had played for the first month but wanted the refer a friend bonus, not that you didn't play at all and only installed it (which started your free trial which I agree is dumb).

Not sure how good SE's support is for stuff like this, so I won't speculate. If you do go the new game route you can get the 14 day free trial, then when that expires buy the game and get a free month of playtime from that. This of course depends on SE's response and if you can find a copy of the game for less than a month of subscription (cheapest is $13 on the Entry account, 1 character per server, 8 total characters, for 30 days. This has the billing / account options for a ff14 account).

e: Found a link saying the 2 week trial and 1 month of free time when buying the game do stack.

e2: I'd still wait for the trial to expire before adding a purchased copy of the game just to be safe though.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 19, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Axle_Stukov posted:

No Treasure Coffers still spawn. What won't drop is anything from the trash mobs, and presumably the crafting mats that can drop from primals/coil bosses.

Oh awesome. Does that mean ponies are farmable?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Minrad posted:

Oh awesome. Does that mean ponies are farmable?

I'm hoping that's the case. I need those ponies.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

smoothest expansion launch ive played in like ten years.

DRK is really fun and cool, except for my 50 minute tank queues.

good job SE. :unsmith:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I currently have the PC version but I want to switch to the Mac version; however, I'm pretty confused about how to do this! There was never a ARR Mac version so does that mean Heavensward Mac comes with all the ARR data? I have my pre-order code for Heavensward CE and it wants me to pick a platform before I submit registration, but it seems like if I pick PC or Mac I'm stuck with only that version, so I want to be sure I'm not loving myself over somehow.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My dragongirl hasn't heard that the 90s ended like 5 years ago

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
First Primal Fight Spoilers ahoy:

Boss has multiple breakable walls surrounding the arena; when he does his huge cleave any damage done will start to splinter the walls. Once the wall is down, you are at risk of falling off due to knockback; try to spread the damage throughout the walls.

DPS must kill adds immediately or his transition attack will wipe the raid.

His damage isn't terribly high, just keep an eye out for AOE poo poo and tank health, since his tankbusters can hit semi-hard.

Overall an easy but fun fight, looking forward to extreme mode though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tsurupettan posted:

smoothest expansion launch ive played in like ten years.

DRK is really fun and cool, except for my 50 minute tank queues.

good job SE. :unsmith:

When a game has less than a million subs, gated the xpac, and started at 4am on a work day.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
Give that man a medal for spoilering fight mechanics with fair warning and tags. Good poo poo without story talk.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vahalla posted:

Give that man a medal for spoilering fight mechanics with fair warning and tags. Good poo poo without story talk.

The fight is really fun to learn on your own, but if people get stuck or w/e the post is there for them

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
So I've cleared all the main scenario quests up to the 2.1 stuff, I need to be caught up to the 2.55 quests to actually start Heavensward stuff though, yeah? And should I bother getting my relic at this point?

This is what I get for quitting like two weeks after release.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Zaras posted:

So I've cleared all the main scenario quests up to the 2.1 stuff, I need to be caught up to the 2.55 quests to actually start Heavensward stuff though, yeah? And should I bother getting my relic at this point?

This is what I get for quitting like two weeks after release.

Yes you have to go through 2.55
Don't bother, you'll get i115 weapons right at the start of HW at trash merchants, but buy yourself a nice one for the rest of 2.0 content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
e:fb

Yeah, you need to finish all of 2.55's story to access HW content.

This sort of information should probably go in the top of the op. Just a blurb for returning players giving them a quick heads up.

• Locked thread