Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurain posted:

He spends 9 seconds in DIO time™ looking for big heavy things to drop before settling for the road roller. Just picture that process.

Settling or seeing and thinking "yes. this is the best thing ever".

Now imagine him overestimating his drop and falling straight into the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Just gonna respond to this here

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As a note, Star Platinum has now been renamed to "Star Platinum: The World".

I was hoping it'd get a new image on the Stand stat screen, but it didn't.

I don't think Star Platinum lost stats simply from Jotaro discovering the time stop ability, but because Jotaro hasn't used his Stand much in between 3 and 4. He's been focusing more on marine biology, at worst he'd have to punch a shark or something and even then he'd probably prefer not to.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wasn't referring to its stats changing. I meant that I was hoping it'd get a different mugshot from the one that was used for Star Platinum for the whole series.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wasn't referring to its stats changing. I meant that I was hoping it'd get a different mugshot from the one that was used for Star Platinum for the whole series.

It doesn't get the namechange until part 6, though, which is when he's mastered the time stop ability to its fullest extent. In part 3 and 4 it's still just Star Platinum

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

It doesn't get the namechange until part 6, though, which is when he's mastered the time stop ability to its fullest extent. In part 3 and 4 it's still just Star Platinum

I'm pretty sure this happens in Part IV, actually. I believe this is from Part IV.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Staying?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

How long he can use its ability.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Durability, I believe.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

To be fair, he prevented Jotaro from getting killed immediately.

Two seconds after Jotaro decides "I'm going to wait for him to get close", Dio decides to do exactly that. Then Polnareff comes in out of nowhere and fucks up the entire plan.

Polnareff's one action in the entire fight is to gently caress up, it's great.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I think it's funny how specifically that Jojo and people in jojo point out that it's odd to consider the amount of time while time is stopped, even though it's incredibly simple and not that difficult to comprehend.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ultimately 2/5/9 seconds is just different durations of manga/anime time anyway, has no relation to what you could actually accomplish in that amount of moving time regardless.

Rule of cool, etc etc.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Two seconds after Jotaro decides "I'm going to wait for him to get close", Dio decides to do exactly that. Then Polnareff comes in out of nowhere and fucks up the entire plan.

Polnareff's one action in the entire fight is to gently caress up, it's great.

I think it's bad personally

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder how the anime people will take to josuke given that they have hard a hard-on for joseph

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Don't worry, we're never gonna find out now! :v:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i wonder how the anime people will take to josuke given that they have hard a hard-on for joseph
I wonder if they're going to bitch about filler.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i will fight them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm pretty sure this happens in Part IV, actually. I believe this is from Part IV.

That's part 6. Those cards only started happening in part 5 onwards. (Are they cut for JoJolion, actually?).

You can also tell because he got Star Platinum a pair of sexy thigh-highs.

e: I just had a quick browse through and you barely ever see SP's legs in Part 4, but I think he has the thighhighs there too. Either way, that card is Part 6.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 20, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Best Girl posted:

I wonder if they're going to bitch about filler.

Some will, and we will hate them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If people dont like part 4, then oh well, they are entitled to their opinion, but I will continue to enjoy jojo and it is their loss imo

I tried showing introducing a person to jojo once and they were like "this is too bizarre for me, it's just too weird, I don't like it" and tried suggesting sword art online and strawberry panic and some other anime called "holy knight" about a vampire hunter and a vampire who fall in love or something and how she liked that show for having the best anime vampires ever

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 20, 2015

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

FirstAidKite posted:

If people dont like part 4, then oh well, they are entitled to their opinion, but it's still incorrect

Had to fix that.

Where do I find the current translation to wait on for Part 5? I have 6 ready to go once I've read that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd probably have walked out around "this is too biz-" and never spoke to them again.

Same goes for anyone who dislikes Part 4. If someone could dislike something which as simply that drat good, I'm not sure they're going to bring much in the way of worthwhile things to your life anyway.

Sekkira posted:

Had to fix that.

Where do I find the current translation to wait on for Part 5? I have 6 ready to go once I've read that.

Might be best off bookmarking this page.
http://bato.to/group/_/t/tmnbe-scans-r2893

e 2:

Full trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctydftSmNg

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 20, 2015

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

wtf does Rohan even wear on his head?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sekkira posted:

So his head will look like a brush

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sekkira posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only just realised that Rohan's hair is probably supposed to be like a paint brush.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This fuckin screenshot lmao why is Yukako so tiny

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Anime watchers will most likely like Josuke. He's got Jonathan's heart of gold with Joseph's mischievous streak. He's also got great chemistry with just about everybody in the cast (including Rohan, ironically). I'm sure he'll be considered a breath of fresh air after stone cold Jotaro. Kira will likely be popular as well.

The bigger issue will most likely be how much time the cast spends accomplishing "Nothing."

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Well, I suppose they had to do something with Echoes' egg.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sekkira posted:

Well, I suppose they had to do something with Echoes' egg.

That's not the Echoes egg

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

FirstAidKite posted:

That's not the Echoes egg

No.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna start typing up the OP for the Part 4 thread so it's ready to go whenever.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Gonna start typing up the OP for the Part 4 thread so it's ready to go whenever.

Instead of using whatever David Production cooks up, use this pic of Josuke

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Will do.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Will do.

I believe I've got a slightly better quality one lying around somewhere.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Any section about stands should contain this.

Thuggin'

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 20, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Probably not since two of those (The Hand, Echoes Act 3) are spoilers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, but on the other hand, gently caress 'em, it's one of the best things in Part 4.

I want to see it animated.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I can't wait to see highway star get animated. I can't wait to see josuke crash a motorcycle into an elevator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All of the budget put into exploding motorcycle over the baby, please.