Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I like how Jotaro actually tears up and shows emotion during this part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wonder if Joseph was able to catch up with Ceaser.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Best Girl posted:

I wonder if Joseph was able to catch up with Ceaser.

He was about to when Jotaro brought him back, that's why he pretended he was DIO.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I was honestly worried it was going to pull some sort of thing where DIO has all of Joseph's memories since he has his brain now, because it is that kind of show honestly. Not that DIO in Joseph's body would have been able to do anything against Jotaro anyway.

I'm sure Joseph has his walkman to listen to AL YANKOVIC

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Voxx posted:

I was honestly worried it was going to pull some sort of thing where DIO has all of Joseph's memories since he has his brain now, because it is that kind of show honestly. Not that DIO in Joseph's body would have been able to do anything against Jotaro anyway.

It was actually supposed to be Get Back by the Beatles, but I'm sure playing it would have been very costly so they didn't bother to show it I guess.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Voxx posted:

Fun fact: In the manga you actually see Joseph putting "Get Back" by The Beatles into his Walkman.
EDIT: poo poo

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
If that's the case, then DIO only has a few decades to live at the most and the worst stand, he might as well just ride it out.

(RIP you gorgeus, magnificent rat bastard son of a bitch. You were the vampire I loved to hate and that I hate that I loved. :smith:)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

josephs joke rofl

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aurain posted:

Isn't it an element of many Vampire stories that converting someone has to be a conscious decision so feeding doesn't necessarily turn you?

It's just a bullshit asspull, but intent to turn could be used to hand wave it.
It was established back in Part 1 that DIO has to squirt you with his vampire sauce for you to become one - he was going to do it to Jonathan. Vanilla Ice makes this a little ambiguous but presumably DIO fed him the vampire sauce.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

ManlyGrunting posted:

If that's the case, then DIO only has a few decades to live at the most and the worst stand, he might as well just ride it out.

(RIP you gorgeus, magnificent rat bastard son of a bitch. You were the vampire I loved to hate and that I hate that I loved. :smith:)

Stands are connected to your fighting spirit and whatever so his stand would still be The World and not Hermit Purple (which is why Joseph flashed it to Jotaro at first)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

God this was a great episode, and a fantastic anime. It all owned.

And the final fight ended the only way it could, with Jotaro finally making what was actually a cool one liner. :allears:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Motherfucker ended DIO in the most Jotaro way possible - by punching him so hard he exploded

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

It was good and the animation was better than last time but they were still pressed for time by the looks of it.
This bit stuck out for me- watch Polnareff's head and then the Joestars

I'm guessing the two joestar heads had to be redrawn at the last minute because they look like static drawings that have had motion done in post

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As a note, Star Platinum has now been renamed to "Star Platinum: The World".

I was hoping it'd get a new image on the Stand stat screen, but it didn't.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Well that was a great episode. Guess I'll check the summer thread and see if I actually wanna keep my Crunchy Roll sub.

Douk Douk
Mar 17, 2009

Take your pervert war elsewhere.

Best Girl posted:

Now that DIO has Joseph's blood, he's probably going to go berserk, and all but steamroll Jotaro. I'm getting pumped.

:thumbsup:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As a note, Star Platinum has now been renamed to "Star Platinum: The World".

I was hoping it'd get a new image on the Stand stat screen, but it didn't.

It doesn't get renamed until later, actually.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Huh, really? I figured it got renamed after it got the power.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
And now all of you anime viewers can also look at that one animated digest of Part 3. It's kind of neat, if only to see just how much you can remember.

There's one for everything up to part 6, though obviously you shouldn't look past this one if you don't want to be spoiled.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm glad they didn't use last train home, because it's bad.

Good episode though.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Jojo was good. More Jojo would be better.

littleorv posted:

I'm going to miss hearing ZA WURADO

Good news, you don't have to!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Pretty sure you're not able to buy that anymore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it had Ben pulled too. :(

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I know I'm about a Part too late on this, but this english version of Bloody Stream is really good.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Saagonsa posted:

Pretty sure you're not able to buy that anymore

Oh. I knew the 360 one got delisted but I didn't try the ps3 one. Whatever, you can't buy it so it makes it totally okay to pirate it, that's how it works. I'm a lawyer.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
oh THAT meme

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I want to know what bizarre adventure those two had.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know why Joseph bullshitting death comes as a surprise to some, he already did that in part 2. Joseph: so slimy, he cheated Death twice.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dias posted:

I don't know why Joseph bullshitting death comes as a surprise to some, he already did that in part 2. Joseph: so slimy, he cheated Death twice.

Three times if you count Mannish Boy. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man, objectively it's a pretty good vocal cover (for an amateur especially), but after being so saturated with the original it just feels... wrong.

Is... is this what it feels like to hate dubs?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Enourmo posted:

Man, objectively it's a pretty good vocal cover (for an amateur especially), but after being so saturated with the original it just feels... wrong.

Is... is this what it feels like to hate dubs?

Yes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the effort to make it fit in English, the lyricist sort cuts out a fair amount of the meaning and imagery and instead of keeping "Like a bloody storm, you're burning like a bloody stone" he just repeats bloody storm, which is weird and misses the whole Aja nod.

I am the one who genuinely analyses and criticises fan dubs of jpop for anime intros. I am the worst.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I liked last week's penultimate episode better. Magazine and heart stop trickery was more satisfying when it culminated in a Mortal-Kombat-X-Ray'ing Dio's skull.

I'm also glad Joseph is alive, but I was anxious all the way up to the end because Vanilla Ice showed that if you mix blood, you become a vampire too. I know everyone will reassure me Joseph is in the clear, but the lack of explaining why Joseph isn't corrupted or turned leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

After all this, I still like Battle Tendency a little more than Stardust Crusaders in more serious aspects. SDC was definitely more fun with the baddy-of-the-day thing though, because I love seeing bad guys get their comeuppance.

Onmi posted:

I honestly don't think that Zepelli or Caeser hit anywhere as much in the gut as the crusaders did.

I disagree. Having Lisa Lisa breaking down and losing her cool facade was more heartbreaking for me. Everyone's death was too quick for me in SDC. Caesar got to have his last stand much longer, and Joseph's argument with him that led to his death was much more devastating and guilt-ridden than Avdol pushing Polnareff out of the way from a monster mouth.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
My personal explanation for how Joseph manages to be both alive and not a vampire is that he still had a residual amount of Hamon energy running through his body. Not enough to hurt Dio, but enough to preserve his organs for a time and stop him from vampirizing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We know that DIO needs time to assimilate precious bodily fluids and make them "his" so to speak. It had taken him years to coopt Jonathan's body, for example, and he's still not 100% done when the show starts. We also know that DIO had gone through some pretty massive blood loss just prior to sucking up Joseph's bloood.

Therefore, since so little time had passed, it was still Joseph's blood in DIO's body and therefore it didn't have vampirifying powers or anything.

If you're not satisfied with this the real reason is because it set up the best Joseph Joestar trolling moment so far, and if you didn't find it hilarious you're a soulless vampiric abomination and can go stand in some sunlight for all that I care.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dio was beaten pretty badly before his supercharge. I've always chosen to believe he had more of Joseph's blood than his own by that point, so transfusing it back posed no real problems. It was Joseph's blood to begin with after all.

But really we're just making excuses. Logistically, yeah, ol' Joe should totally be a vampire. Thematically, though, it fits that he isn't, so I've always let it slide. Dio is a being of avarice who desires all things and takes as he pleases. On what rare occasions he appears to give back, it is almost always with ulterior motives. With Dio destroyed, Jotaro uses his remains for altruistic purposes, restoring to Joseph what's rightfully his. It's an act free from Dio's selfishness, and therefore untainted.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's DIO's blood once it goes through his body and vampire organs, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Everything in this world, blood or not, belongs to DIO.

• Locked thread