Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
Matt Jackson
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Uhaa Nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm honestly surprised people are voting against AJ Styles, one of the best workers in the world today.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
DIVISION 1: YES! I AM! HELL TO YOU!

Dean Ambrose - I watched Juda Mesias have terrible gimmicks and matches in TNA, WSX, and AAA. I can not get into yet another one of his US Undertaker gimmicks.
Samoa Joe - Daniels coasted in previous ROH runs and those kind of soured me on him.
Angelico - Angelico had the sweeter stage dives than Balor.
Toru Yano - I'd vote for this bleach blond idiot over the other one.
Tyson Kidd - At least Tyson stealing past wrestlers from the 90s shtick is because he's related.
Johnny Mundo (Morrison) - I think Morrison dropped from the Chamber ceiling first.
Sami Zayn - I hate BxB's look.
Sasha Banks - She was in NXT first which means she was better first. Fact.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

Dear Dragon Gate fans, please don't vote for a dark match wrestler with no name over Sasha.

Sasha's had a few fantastic Takeover matches on NXT in the past several months. Uhaa's had tons of fantastic matches in several promotions over the past several years. I don't want to vote against Sasha but I gotta, and she's probably winning anyway.

Here's his last match in DG, incidentally against BxB Hulk:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jmx69 (~8:00 to 35:00, followed by probably the most emotional ending I've ever seen in wrestling)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dean Ambrose
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Dean Ambrose vs. Mil Muertes - Abstain, neither have really impressed me in-ring enough to give a poo poo either way
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo
BxB Hulk - all Zayn's done lately is get his rear end kicked until ref stoppage and injuring himself hyping the crowd, whereas Hulk owns
Sasha Banks

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

I Before E posted:

I'm honestly surprised people are voting against AJ Styles, one of the best workers in the world today.

AJ Styles is a great wrestler, but he's a homophobe and a tool and he was clearly phoning it in at BOLA last year so gently caress him. Young Bucks forever :colbert:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Johnny Mundo
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Kalisto
Sami Zayn
Uhaa Nation

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

HulkaMatt posted:

Dean Ambrose vs. Mil Muertes
Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor vs. Angelico
Toru Yano vs. Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles vs. Matt Jackson vs. Tyson Kidd
Kalisto vs. Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn vs. BxB Hulk
Uhaa Nation vs. Sasha Banks

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Mil's gonna lose this but it's cool, if he dies he'll only come back stronger next year.

KungFu Grip posted:

watched Juda Mesias have terrible gimmicks and matches in TNA, WSX, and AAA. I can not get into yet another one of his US Undertaker gimmicks.
I was thinking the same thing as you when LU started but you should honestly give him a shot, or at least watch Grave Consequences. His LU work over the last 15 episodes since that match has been stellar.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 20, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

achillesforever6 posted:

His title chase angle was the best thing WWE wrote/planned in years

And let me tell you about all those great title defences he had:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dean Ambrose vs. Mil Muertes - This one was surprisingly close.
Finn Balor vs. Angelico
Kalisto vs. Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn vs. BxB Hulk

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I really wanted to back Tyson further in this, but I just can't vote against AJ Styles. His career Renaissance is a beautiful thing.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Dean Ambrose
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mil Muertes
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Toru Yano
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Dean Ambrose vs. Mil Muertes
Finn Balor vs. Angelico
Kalisto vs. Johnny Mundo
Sami Zayn vs. BxB Hulk

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mil Muertes
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Toru Yano
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
BxB Hulk
Uhaa Nation

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dean Ambrose
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Round 2!

Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Toru Yano vs. Dolph Ziggler [ABSTAIN]
Tyson Kidd
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dean Ambrose
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dean Ambrose
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Toru Yano
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
BxB Hulk
Uhaa Nation

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mil Muertes
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
Matt Jackson
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Uhaa Nation

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014
Mil Muertes
Christopher Daniels
Finn Balor
Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Johnny Mundo (Morrison)
Sami Zayn
Uhaa Nation

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Dean Ambrose vs. Mil Muertes - Very, very hard choice here. Dean has more hits, but Mil has a better batting average. Have to go with Mil.
Finn Balor vs. Angelico - Another really tough one. The trios title final was one of my biggest mark-outs in a while.
Toru Yano] vs. Dolph Ziggler - I'll take the jobber to the stars with a death wish over the jobber to the stars without one
AJ Styles vs. Matt Jackson vs. Tyson Kidd - AJ is probably the world's best worker at this point
Kalisto vs. Johnny Mundo (Morrison) - might be recency bias based on his last few matches, but Mundo is as good as he has ever been.
Sami Zayn vs. BxB Hulk - Get well soon, buddy.
Uhaa Nation vs. Sasha Banks - I know Uhaa is great, but Sasha is probably my favorite wrestler right now.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dean Ambrose vs. Mil Muertes: Mil is dead guy who is a wrestler, whereas Dean is a wrestler with a dead career.
Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels: Fat guys who work stiff and injure other wrestlers are awesome.
Finn Balor vs. Angelico: He's sooooo handsome.
Toru Yano vs. Dolph Ziggler: Owns a bar, which is every wrestlers dream.
AJ Styles vs. Matt Jackson vs. Tyson Kidd: In-shape guys who injure other wrestlers are NOT awesome. Tyson Kidd has better hair than the Indytaker.
Kalisto vs. Johnny Mundo (Morrison): Abstain on lack of interest in both.
Sami Zayn vs. BxB Hulk: Peligro abejas.
Uhaa Nation vs. Sasha Banks: I don't watch NXT, but Uhaa is the black Bryan Cage, so he gets my vote.

Blankgambit
Mar 30, 2010
Dean Ambrose
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Toru Yano
AJ Styles
Johnny Mundo
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm changing my vote from Ziggler to Yano

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE RESULTS ARE IN

Division 1 Round 2 Total Voters: 78

pre:
Dean Ambrose          [60]   vs.   [17]       Mil Muertes                | 1 Abstain
Samoa Joe             [44]   vs.   [31]       Christopher Daniels        | 3 Abstain
Finn Balor            [65]   vs.   [13]       Angelico                   | ---------
Toru Yano             [38]   vs.   [37]       Dolph Ziggler              | 3 Abstain
AJ Styles             [53]    vs.  [16]/[09]  Matt Jackson & Tyson Kidd  | ---------
Kaliso                [04]   vs.   [72]       Johnny Mundo               | 2 Abstain
Sami Zayn             [62]   vs.   [16]       BxB Hulk                   | ---------
Uhaa Nation           [18]   vs.   [59]       Sasha Banks                | 1 Abstain

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 20, 2015

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

:siren: :siren: DIVISION 1 ROUND 2 IS OVER :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: DIVISION 2 ROUND 2 STARTS NOW :siren: :siren:

Seth Rollins - Eliminated in R2 in 2011 by CM Punk. Eliminated in R3 in 2013 by Kazuchika Okada.
Positives: The CHAMP. Great wrestler, good promo, top heel in the #1 wrestling promotion.
Negatives: He's doing it all for Triple H. We hate HHH! Right?

Hirooki Goto - Eliminated in R3 in 2013 by Karl Anderson.
Positives: Heart of a champion. Awesome look.
Negatives: Beat Nakamura to win his title. That's trouble around here.

Jay Lethal - Eliminated in R2 in 2011 by Rey Mysterio. Eliminated in R1 in 2013 to Naomichi Marufuji.
Positives: THE REAL WORLD CHAMPION. Has improved to the point where I honestly believe he's one of the best wrestlers around today. So good.
Negatives: Still not really a great promo.

Zack Sabre Jr. - Not in 2013 Arch of Bunk tournament.
Positives: One of the most elite technical wrestlers in the world today. Will be wrestling a completely different style than anybody else if you see him at a show live.
Negatives: Still doesn't consistently wrestle for a popular company where you can watch him often.

Kazuchika Okada - Eliminated in the Finals of the 2013 Arch of Bunk Tournament. THE MEAT OF HEADS!
Positives: THE RAINMAKER. One of the big 3 in New Japan Pro Wrestling today. Has been in a ton of fantastic matches since the last tournament. Friends with Nakamura.
Negatives: Some say his matches have gotten very samey and a bit stale.

Jay Briscoe - Eliminated in R3 in 2011 by Chris Hero. Eliminated in R2 in 2013 by Kurt Angle.
Positives: Good wrestler, good promo, Ring of Honor World Champion.
Negatives: Has a history of saying some really stupid stuff. Has held the belt for a really long time and doesn't nearly have the amount of quality singles matches as former ROH champions.

Johnny Gargano - Eliminated in R1 in 2011 by Kevin Steen. Eliminated in R2 in 2013 by Prince Devitt.
Positives: Is a solid hand in the ring. Probably best remembered for his time as Chuck Taylor's tag partner in Chikara. Is dating Candice LeRae.
Negatives: Is kind of bland. Isn't really a high flyer and his mat wrestling is out classed by others.

Cesaro - Eliminated in R3 in 2011 by Daniel Bryan. Eliminated in R3 in 2013 by Daniel Bryan.
Positives: Beloved. Really loving strong. Does wacky moves that make people happy.
Negatives: Vince says he is lacking charisma and probably won't ever push him. Not a great promo.

Hiroshi Tanahashi - Eliminated in Semi-Finals in 2013 [Division 3].
Positives: The John Cena of New Japan Pro Wrestling. Biggest Pro Wrestling star in Japan. Has a history of amazing matches and can still go.
Negatives: Is at a point in his career where he isn't having as many singles matches (5 this year). Some resent him for being on top for so long.

Nick Jackson - Not in 2013 Arch of Bunk tournament.
Positives: One half of insanely popular tag team "The Young Bucks". Innovator of the MELTZER DRIVER. Wrestles everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA, but could possibly be soon???
Negatives: Just how popular is he in a singles tournament?

Chris Hero - Eliminated in the Semi-Finals in 2011 by CM Punk. Eliminated in R4 in 2013 by Karl Anderson.
Positives: Has a big ol belly and hits people hard. Gets better the more weight he puts on.
Negatives: For some reason, people who haven't watched him since WWE think he's a bad wrestler nowadays.

ACH - Not in 2013 Arch of Bunk tournament.
Positives: One of the best high flying wrestlers in the world today.
Negatives: Supposedly really annoyingly happy.

Tomohiro Ishii - Eliminated in R2 in 2013 by Kevin Steen.
Positives: Gets into some absolutely amazing brawls that have been the best matches on a lot of shows. Always gives it his all.
Negatives: Is getting up there in age and has done the same style match way too much. Things he did a year ago aren't getting over as much today. Gets really banged up often.

Randy Orton - Eliminated in R3 in 2011 by Davey Richards. Eliminated in R2 in 2013 by Kane.
Positives: His streak of not wearing pants on RAW, SD & PPV is the biggest streak in wrestling today. Fans still ADORE the RKO.
Negatives: Has been an active character on WWE television for 13 years and it feels like he's done everything he can do.

Trevor Lee - Not in 2013 Arch of Bunk tournament.
Positives: Rising up in the indie scene as a hot new standout that Kevin Steen/Owens as put over as the next big deal.
Negatives: If you don't watch PWG you don't know him.

Adam Cole - Eliminated in R2 in 2013 by Hirooki Goto.
Positives: Great all around talent. Good promo. Arguably the best talent ROH has signed today. Is able to get fans to pop when he tries to get his dick sucked in matches.
Negatives: Has been out injured for a real long time. Not being able to wrestle in PWG has made it hard to see him wrestle anywhere not ROH.

Charlotte - Not in 2013 Arch of Bunk tournament.
Positives: Young in her career and has already had several stand out matches in NXT.
Negatives: Some think she's in the position she's in because nepotism??

DIVISION 2: RERO RERO RERO RERO

Seth Rollins vs. Hirooki Goto
Jay Lethal vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay Briscoe
Johnny Gargano vs. Cesaro
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Nick Jackson
Chris Hero vs. ACH
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Randy Orton vs. Trevor Lee
Adam Cole vs. Charlotte

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Seth Rollins
Jay Lethal
Kazuchika Okada
Cesaro
Hiroshi Tanahashi
ACH
Tomohiro Ishii
Charlotte

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oatgan posted:

hero

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Seth Rollins
Zack Sabre Jr.
- This is a real hard choice
Kazuchika Okada
Cesaro
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Chris Hero - another super hard choice
Trevor Lee
- Jesus Christ Hulkamatt you are a monster for making me choose between Trevor and Ishii
Adam Cole

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hirooki Goto
Zack Sabre Jr.
Kazuchika Okada
Johnny Gargano
Nick Jackson
Chris Hero
Tomohiro Ishii
Adam Cole

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Seth Rollins
Zack Sabre Jr.
Kazuchika Okada
Cesaro
Nick Jackson
ACH
Tomohiro Ishii
Adam Cole

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

I'm voting for oatgan for PSP poster of the year

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Hirooki Goto
Jay Lethal
Kazuchika Okadae
Johnny Gargano
Nick Jackson
Chris Hero
Trevor Lee
Adam Cole

I'm glad Ziggler lost. Looking forward To Gargano moving on to the next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I can't vote against my main man Zack, but I will concede this one time that Jay Lethal in turn would be a good winner.

• Locked thread