Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Man I wish I could log in for Burn Amarr :( I don't think I can swing it on a 2G connection though.

You probably could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

smertrioslol posted:

I try never to zoom in on MY SLEIPNIR since I hate the hurricane model.

Do you also hate boiled meats? Because so far it sounds like it.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

darthzeta88 posted:

Tesla coil I believe increases voltage via using a larger object as an antenna than the original antenna to create a bigger antenna. In history lore Tesla already made this possible but blew up Colorado's powergrid. So not magic.
:pseudo:

Voltage is not quantity. Voltage is the electrical equivalent of pressure. I can increase pressure by squeezing my thumb over the end of a hose, but that doesn't magically increase the amount of water being sprayed out of it, just the amount of "push" behind it.

tl;dr Cap transfers creating more Cap than they consume is dumb space magic and just a part of what is wrong with logis (because it trivializes resource management).

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I for one, can't wait for Eve Citizen when they finally figure out a playable, manual replacement for orbiting mechanics in 2047.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Full Metal Boxers posted:

:pseudo:

Voltage is not quantity. Voltage is the electrical equivalent of pressure. I can increase pressure by squeezing my thumb over the end of a hose, but that doesn't magically increase the amount of water being sprayed out of it, just the amount of "push" behind it.

tl;dr Cap transfers creating more Cap than they consume is dumb space magic and just a part of what is wrong with logis (because it trivializes resource management).

are you stupid

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I've love if CCP sold retro skins. I'd toss down five dollars to fly a wood grain spacewhale again.

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014
If i wanne come back to the game, what is a nice SIG as a EUTZ? I know EG is still dead so.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

EG died? :ohdear:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

vyst posted:

It's Friday night go do something

i already had my fill of minecraft though

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

Lord Xander posted:

If i wanne come back to the game, what is a nice SIG as a EUTZ? I know EG is still dead so.

EG will be very saddened to hear this.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

Do you also hate boiled meats? Because so far it sounds like it.

Clearly you have never seen my cooking threads in SV or HS.

In other news, Syndicate is still my favorite region of the game. Why not warp triage and a panther to the PF- gate?

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 20, 2015

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

smertrioslol posted:

In other news, Syndicate is still my favorite region of the game. Why not warp triage and a panther to the PF- gate?

Counterpoint: I roamed Syndicate for an hour today in a nano Typhoon and didn't get jack poo poo, then got murdered by a gank crew with a Falcon on my way home :(

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Counterpoint: I roamed Syndicate for an hour today in a nano Typhoon and didn't get jack poo poo, then got murdered by a gank crew with a Falcon on my way home :(

Welcome to syndicate.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ullerrm posted:

In fairness the guy who 'nadoed you has a pretty substantial solo/microgang killboard history.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

darth cookie posted:

In fairness the guy who 'nadoed you has a pretty substantial solo/microgang killboard history.

thats a pretty big thrasher alright

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I skimmed over the cats vs. dogs argument while catching up because who cares, but jesus christ you loving nerds, if it has beans in it it's not chili.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I skimmed over the cats vs. dogs argument while catching up because who cares, but jesus christ you loving nerds, if it has beans in it it's not chili.

I know people say otherwise, but they are from Texas so who really cares?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Come through FD- next time :getin:

(Or when I'm online)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goodness posted:

Texas Chili does not have beans, though?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

goodness posted:

I know people say otherwise, but they are not from Texas so who really cares?

There you go.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Nietzschean posted:

Texas Chili does not have beans, though?

No chili does.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goodness posted:

No chili does.

Right but you just claimed that people from Texas believe it does.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

goodness posted:

Because Chili is from and made popular by Texas (at least in 'murica :911:).

Who gives a poo poo what you denizens of the 'lesser states' think anyway?

goodness posted:

No chili does.

Actually...

(I'm not endorsing this as 'good chili' but given your argument is based on absolutes, why not?)

Xolve fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 20, 2015

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Because Chili is from and made popular by Texas (at least in 'murica :911:).

Who gives a poo poo what you denizens of the 'lesser states' think anyway?

Actually...

(I'm not endorsing this as 'good chili' but given your argument is based on absolutes, why not?)

What he meant to say is "No True Scotsman has beans in it".

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

goodness posted:

Allow me, a Texan, to put this rumor to rest. Beans do not belong in chili unless you're some disgusting person who also uses thousand island dressing or boils your meat.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am not sure whether I prefer twenty pages of food chat or a j4g every other page. At least this is novel, I suppose?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

What about Vegan Chili

I heard that that is a thing

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

I am not sure whether I prefer twenty pages of food chat or a j4g every other page. At least this is novel, I suppose?

I preferred the old thread where you hardly posted at all.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Otacon posted:

What about Vegan Chili

Vegans aren't real people, their opinion is as meaningless as their existence.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

darth cookie posted:

You probably could.

I tried last year it's the patching that thwarts it. I can make a little 2G hotspot on my phone, and get the launcher to connect, and even see the progress bar move infinetismally slowly, but it always craps out. Probably for the best, it would be hella overages for some spaceships if I actually made it work.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I tried last year it's the patching that thwarts it. I can make a little 2G hotspot on my phone, and get the launcher to connect, and even see the progress bar move infinetismally slowly, but it always craps out. Probably for the best, it would be hella overages for some spaceships if I actually made it work.

It's mumble that will kill you if you have capped bandwidth, EVE itself is pretty tiny usage wise (outside of patching).

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

goodness posted:

I'm nowhere near Texas, and I can guarantee you that Chili has beans in it. What's wrong with you all?

This is an acceptable chili: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Award-Winning-Chili/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&referringHubId=173

It has beans, see? You guys are so uncivilized. Why don't you boil your meat while you're at it.. bunch of drat caveman.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Otacon posted:

What about Vegan Chili

It is and it's delicious, it also isn't loaded with lard and Cheetos so I don't think many people here will enjoy it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hemophilia posted:

Allow me, a Texan, to put this rumor to rest. Beans do not belong in chili unless you're some disgusting person who also uses thousand island dressing or boils your meat.

Enjoy your bullshit meat stew

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Otacon posted:

What about Vegan Chili

Tofu absorbs flavour really well, so I imagine if you fried it a little bit before adding it to the chili pot you'd have yourself a really tasty vegan chili if you add a strong assortment of vegetables and spices.

I mean meat is great and all but it's not like, the thing to always have no matter what.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I mean meat is great it's, the thing to always have no matter what.

There were issues with your sentence. I fixed some of them. You are welcome.

Remember kids, if nothing died to go in your plate, its not a healthy meal.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Dalael posted:

There were issues with your sentence. I fixed some of them. You are welcome.

From the man who brought you "Why don't you boil your meat while you're at it.. bunch of drat caveman.".

Dalael posted:

Remember kids, if nothing died to go in your plate, its not a healthy meal.

Vegetables don't live very long once you rip them out of the ground.

Also- just because you eat healthy, doesn't mean you're not going to die.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 20, 2015

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

quote:

The Chili Appreciation Society International specified in 1999 that, among other things, cooks are forbidden to include beans in the preparation of chili for official competition—nor are they allowed to marinate any meats

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

CashEnsign posted:

I for one, can't wait for Eve Citizen when they finally figure out a playable, manual replacement for orbiting mechanics in 2047.

Well don't forget that if you wish to contribute to this ambitious project, the kickstarter is up now. Once they hit 3 million dollars they'll implement approach mechanics too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Otacon posted:

What about Vegan Chili

I used to be a cook at a healthy type restaurant and we had vegan chilli. It was crumbled up soy burger patties in bean chilli. It was pretty good

• Locked thread