Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

I found Xbox Avatar's Final Smash.

After showing off the box, he sniffs the microwaved food and shoves it up his butt then does a leprechaun jump. That's better than another giant fire ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Folt The Bolt posted:

His dash and falling speed are faster, I believe. And I think he ties with Marth and Lucina for walking speed (and possibly air speed).
Luckily for Roy falling speed is really good

SL the Pyro posted:

...But I will happily agree that Roy should not be as fast as he is. Wasn't he deliberately slower than Marth in Melee?
He can stay just as fast as he is imo. I just want there to be a good as gently caress swords character, I don't care who it is

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Roy ISN'T a Swords Character. He's a Captain Falcon-type.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Lucina is both Laura Bailey and Female Voice #1 from the two good Saints Row games so if your thinking about calling her lame then buddy, you'd better think twice.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

IronicDongz posted:

He can stay just as fast as he is imo. I just want there to be a good as gently caress swords character, I don't care who it is

Actually, since Roy covers about the same ground (maybe a little less) as Marth when he jumps, his air speed is probably higher than Marth and Lucina to compensate for his falling speed.

EDIT:

Reiley posted:

Lucina is both Laura Bailey and Female Voice #1 from the two good Saints Row games so if your thinking about calling her lame then buddy, you'd better think twice.

Unfortunately, a character can have the best voice actor there is and still be total garbage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Reiley posted:

lucina is as cool as marth is lame

so is laura bailey

IronicDongz posted:

my friend ike is good as gently caress and I love him

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I would love ike if all his moves were as good as his jab and nair

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Unfortunately, a character can have the best voice actor there is and still be total garbage.

You didn't think twice, and now you look like a clown for spouting hyperbole. Your fate is sealed.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

his fair and dash attack are good now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

Those aren't even his best moves.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Reiley posted:

You didn't think twice, and now you look like a clown for spouting hyperbole. Your fate is sealed.

Not sure if sarcastic. If not, then this is the gooniest post I've read in a while. :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Not sure if sarcastic. If not, then this is the gooniest post I've read in a while. :allears:

I agree :allears:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Folt The Bolt posted:

:allears::allears::allears:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

your fate is sealed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

holy poo poo

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Folt The Bolt posted:

lol

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Was that a meme? Because if it was, I'll happily take the probation.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
no dude it was just like, a joke

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

no dude it was just like, a joke

I'm sorry. Jokes tend to fly over my head.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

roy wouldn't be nearly as good as he is if he wasn't faster than marth. his playstyle requires him to get up close to the enemy and his fast run speed lets him get in. they put Thought into this character

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

she doesnt voice the boss in saints row 2

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

sharrrk posted:

she doesnt voice the boss in saints row 2
Was just about to say that.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is there someone on Something Awful who goes by GoonLink? If so, good games man.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

TechnoSyndrome posted:

How'd you get this with the Varia Suit colors?

This is from a couple pages back, but to answer, it's from the links in the video description.

Along with this:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Folt The Bolt posted:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
because i play lucina

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i voted for andy & sami from advance wars with the implication that he should have snake's move set for no reason.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Can you share replays with friends that use custom stages? I swore you could pre-patch but now somethings blocking me from sharing any that use custom stages.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I wish Lucina had something different just to make her stand out a little. Keep her normals the same without the tipper, that is fine, but like, I dunno, make her specials do something different, have her recovery go up at a different angle than Marth's, I can't imagine it would be very hard to do something to spruce her up.

Lucina is still solid, because while she is a worse version of a very good character she is still a very good character, but there is no reason to really use her. Even Dark Pit has interesting matchup differences compared to Pit. Give her something. Anything! Every patch they keep buffing her damage but it's like giving bigger guns to a dead guy so he can defend himself

Putty posted:

Can you share replays with friends that use custom stages? I swore you could pre-patch but now somethings blocking me from sharing any that use custom stages.

I am confident you could pre-patch as well but I have not tried post-patch so I don't know if they changed something or if there is something wrong with those replays in a different way.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Lucina is great as is, shes fun because of her short-comings. Like playing Dan in SF

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spectral Debt posted:

Lucina is great as is, shes fun because of her short-comings. Like playing Dan in SF

I don't think most of her fans want her to be Dan (as in the Dan before SF4).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

I don't think most of her fans want her to be Dan (as in the Dan before SF4).

This, Dan's great but that's because everything about his personality and design contributes to his gimmick.

If you brought back Pichu as FreeLC and made him Dan with a design and personality to match that it would be fine, great even.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Pichu throwing signed pictures of himself at people would be the best.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I just realized that Smash soundtracks were supposed to have shipped out back in March. Is that true and they just forgot mine?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah, I got mine months ago. Your soundtrack is lost in subspace, you'll have to defeat tabuu to get it back

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

Folt The Bolt posted:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Reiley posted:

Folt The Bolt posted:

Folt The Bolt posted:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I still think the first guy's post was dumber.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Folt The Bolt posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
all posts in this thread are dumb and goony

including and especially this one:

all characters are fun in their own way and Lucina is still a great character as is Marth and Roy and Ike and Robin (female)

all characters are good do not let something awful shame you into playing "better" characters

• Locked thread