Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Hadooooken posted:

I got an xbone so I could play 360 games.
I make a lot of bad decisions, but also would very much like a preview invite.
GT: Zeipher Burger

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldMRYMo5mwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look at their current games. You would be lucky to get Madden 06 or Rogue Warrior as part of the 100 games.

Yeah, Viva Pinata and Mass Effect are totally poo poo titles

Hadooooken
Sep 6, 2004

univbee posted:

You do know that very very few games currently work, right? It's not an "all 360 games work" or even most; it's only something like 2 disc games and 21 games total.

It's going to be like 360 XB1 compat where new games are made compatible with their emulator every month/other month and then eventually they just cut it off with plenty of games still not working right because they need their BC team for other projects. Gonna be cool.

Also I didnt really buy an Xbone solely for 360 games it's just what made me take the plunge.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

You're going to hear a lot of broken people tell you that's not fun you're having now that you have a bone. Optimisitic about BC? Nothing makes goon blood boil like a man looking forward to a game on xbox.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

ethanol posted:

You're going to hear a lot of broken people tell you that's not fun you're having now that you have a bone. Optimisitic about BC? Nothing makes goon blood boil like a man looking forward to a game on xbox.

I am very excited and looking forward to Arkham Knight on Xbox One, and I am picking it up at midnight Tuesday and will have a blast playing it despite how awful some people want me to think it will be on my all-in-one entertainment device, Xbox One.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Variable_H posted:

I am very excited and looking forward to Arkham Knight on Xbox One, and I am picking it up at midnight Tuesday and will have a blast playing it despite how awful some people want me to think it will be on my all-in-one entertainment device, Xbox One.

I bought it on the xbox store last night. reviews I read convinced me it was enough batman to make me batman

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ethanol posted:

I bought it on the xbox store last night. reviews I read convinced me it was enough batman to make me batman

Had you not played Arkham City? That game was rad as gently caress

I'm p excited for Arkham Knight

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Had you not played Arkham City? That game was rad as gently caress

I'm p excited for Arkham Knight

I loving loved AC. But AO convinced me that batman can be unfun, so I was a bit cautious.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hadooooken posted:

I didnt really buy an Xbone solely for 360 games it's just what made me take the plunge.

Oops:

DIgital foundry assessment of Mass Effect:
As it stands, during both exploration and combat sequences, the game runs upwards of 30 per cent slower on Xbox One with a deviation ranging between 5-10fps at any random point. What was already a sluggish experience on original hardware becomes nearly unplayable at points on Xbox One. During an explosive encounter during the train sequence in the first mission, we encountered dips as low as 10fps. We suspect that forcing v-sync is to blame for the drop in performance, though CPU inefficiencies seen in many early Unreal Engine 3 titles may also be an issue. We'll be eager to see how the virtual machine evolves over the coming months and we can't wait until other Unreal Engine titles become available for testing, but for now, this is not the right way to experience the game.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

You do know that very very few games currently work, right? It's not an "all 360 games work" or even most; it's only something like 2 disc games and 21 games total.

Yeah, it will never improve.

Better stick your head in the oven now, spare yourself the disappointment.

Am I shark tanking correctly?:v:

ethanol posted:

Yup.

Real hurthling! posted:

Oops:

As it stands, during both exploration and combat sequences, the game runs upwards of 30 per cent slower on Xbox One with a deviation ranging between 5-10fps at any random point. What was already a sluggish experience on original hardware becomes nearly unplayable at points on Xbox One. During an explosive encounter during the train sequence in the first mission, we encountered dips as low as 10fps. We suspect that forcing v-sync is to blame for the drop in performance, though CPU inefficiencies seen in many early Unreal Engine 3 titles may also be an issue. We'll be eager to see how the virtual machine evolves over the coming months and we can't wait until other Unreal Engine titles become available for testing, but for now, this is not the right way to experience the game.

That's cool. Who is Digital Foundry and why should we care? There are other reposts that there's lots of improvement.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Really hope they bring NBA Jam:On Fire Edition to the bone. Of course, a sequel with updated rosters would be better but EA did such a bad job advertising the previous game I could see them not caring. I can't believe they never tried ads on espn or during NBA games when the game was released.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Real hurthling! posted:

Oops:

Thank you, PS4 owner, for taking the time to research and then copy paste this negative news about the Xbox One in the Xbox One thread.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's cool. Who is Digital Foundry and why should we care? There are other reposts that there's lots of improvement.

Maybe some visuals will assist you.
https://youtu.be/LE9VKHC6Jh4?t=3m30s

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tyree posted:

Maybe some visuals will assist you.
https://youtu.be/LE9VKHC6Jh4?t=3m30s

so still better than bloodborne then

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That's cool. Who is Digital Foundry and why should we care?

average xbox owner awareness of videogames community right here.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Ah poo poo, well I'll just have to play Mass Effect on the PlayStation 4 then. Hmmm... doesn't seem to be available on PS Now. Maybe I can play the PS3 Trilogy on my PS4. Wait, that doesn't work either THANK GOD YOU WERE HERE

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Who's the guy who posted earlier about Payday 2? I picked it up only to discover that matchmaking doesn't work and we all know how well the previous console versions were supported post launch, so teaming up with goons is probably the only way to actually play right now.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
anyone able to send me an invite to xbox preview? would love to play through mass effect again.

GT J 2THE ACKSON

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

Who's the guy who posted earlier about Payday 2? I picked it up only to discover that matchmaking doesn't work and we all know how well the previous console versions were supported post launch, so teaming up with goons is probably the only way to actually play right now.

I think PD2 really is best experienced on PC. With the way Overkill has been churning stuff out for if I'm fairly certain they'll forget the console version exists.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Halo MCC was like 28 bucks on eBay so I picked it up.

I heard it's obviously been fixed up since launch and owning it for single player nostalgia seems fine too.

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
What are the big XB1 exclusive games?

I'm getting mine this Wednesday and ordered with it: Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall, and I plan on downloading Ori and Killer Instinct. Anything I'm missing exclusive wise?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GRINK HELCH posted:

I'm getting mine this Wednesday and ordered with it: Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall, and I plan on downloading Ori and Killer Instinct. Anything I'm missing exclusive wise?

Forza horizon 2 is worth a go if you have any passing interest in arcade games. Dead rising 3 is fun and cheap too

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

GRINK HELCH posted:

Buy Forza Horizon 2

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

GRINK HELCH posted:

You have all of the big ones except Forza Horizon 2.

Also, technically Titanfall, Ori and KI aren't exclusives because they are/will be on PC.

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
Yea I'm not much for PC gaming (that's all my husband) but I will totally pick up FH2; it wasn't even on my radar. Thanks for the suggestion.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GRINK HELCH posted:

If you have a PC this is the full list of exclusives on the Xbox One:

Crimson Dragon
Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious
Halo: Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Zoo Tycoon if you don't have a 360
Destiny if you don't have another Xbox or Playstation
The parody street fighter expansion for Dead Rising 3
I guess the Battletoads in Shovel Knight?
I think one or two other games have really minor content, I think a space shooter has exclusive PS4 content and exclusive Xbox One content

Near-future releases are Halo 5 and Forza Motorsport 6, and I guess the Rare Replay collection.

Everything else on the Xbox One is confirmed to be getting at least a PC release if it doesn't have one already.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

You've never heard of DF? And you play games? Lmbo

Also the people who say there's improvement just show cutscenes in the game (which ARE better) and not gameplay (which is far worse).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Digital Foundry does very very thorough comparisons between different versions of games. They also found that N++ went from a rock-stable 60fps to significant fluctuations in a game where that means instant death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoj_5RKLudM

As we said, the Xbox One isn't powerful enough to run code faster than its own cores' clock speed allows (Xbox 360 cores run at 3.2 GHz, Xbox One cores run at 1.8 GHz), which is resulting in this slowdown. We just don't know yet if certain games have a sensitive enough codebase that speed fluctuations break the game somehow (crash, softlock, AV desync etc.).

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

univbee posted:

We just don't know yet if certain games have a sensitive enough codebase that speed fluctuations break the game somehow (crash, softlock, AV desync etc.).

I would hope that they discover those issues when they do their QA on the games they're adding to the list. It's not a feature I think they'll focus too heavily on 12 months from now, but it's a feature I'm glad they are at least attempting for the folks that complained about it when the new consoles were first announced. Hopefully it's just enough to get some more people buying Xboxes leading to Sony pulling their finger out and getting something worthwhile on their console ( Though Horizon : Zero Dawn looks kind of cool ).

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
I went back a few pages and didn't see any mention of it, does anyone know when the new consoles will start being shipped with the new controllers with the 3.5mm jack? I'm going to be buying an xbone next month and I'd rather just wait for the new things to come out first.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nutsak posted:

I would hope that they discover those issues when they do their QA on the games they're adding to the list.

To be clear, I certainly don't think they'll allow a crash-prone game to be playable outside of QA (even if for no other reason than games with predictable crashes are a huge vector for softmod vulnerabilities), but more the possibility that some games might not be "fixable" and thus never get released. Hell, even if a game technically works, I could see some companies deciding not to allow the re-release due to the lackluster performance reflecting badly on them.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

average xbox owner awareness of videogames community right here.

keep going; you're almost to the "No True Scotsman" stage

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

just wait for kinect backwards compatibility 2.0

itll be great and totally work as promised

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah, Viva Pinata and Mass Effect are totally poo poo titles

they will definitely run like poo poo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I've been playing viva piņata and it owns. this is the best emulator I've ever seen. You asked, and microsoft answered: it works like the 360. How? Voodoo. You can play online with 360 players. If you've used dolphin, or any Nintendo emulator, it's a buggy nightmare, but this is smooth. Microsoft has done the impossible and I can't wait for more titles.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 21, 2015

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I haven't played Gears since the first one and I'm having trouble against players with a lot more practice. It seems that the player that wins the initial shootout for the better weapons has a huge advantage. The rounds I get something better than the default weapons I do pretty well, but it's a sad site when I don't. Am I missing something? Also when should I be hip shoot vs. aiming?

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

So is there any word of when this functionality will drop for those without preview accounts?

I'd love to play me some Viva Pinata...

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Convexed posted:

So is there any word of when this functionality will drop for those without preview accounts?

I'd love to play me some Viva Pinata...

post your gamertag and I'll invite you

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

ethanol posted:

post your gamertag and I'll invite you

Ethanol, could you try me again?

My tag is N Navidson

I didn't realize the space made a difference last time.

Hadooooken
Sep 6, 2004

The forced v-sync sounds like bad news for fighting games, and for any game that needs fast reactions. Hopefully they'll disable that for those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ghostwritingduck posted:

Ethanol, could you try me again?

My tag is N Navidson

I didn't realize the space made a difference last time.

done

• Locked thread