Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
every move in bloodborne is a show off move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Father G is kicking my rear end

E: he's a loving werewolf?

frank.club fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 20, 2015

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

frank.club posted:

Father G is kicking my rear end

drat you tore through this game

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

oh wait never mind, i got confused

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

anyways, use the tombstones to your advantage to give you a quick healing break

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SM64Guy posted:

Beat him!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Goongratulations

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
gascoigne is one of my favorite boss battles of all time

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
gascoigne rules and is good at teaching players that they arent playing dark souls no more

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
When I watched lobosjr abuse the music box (he turns wolfman after 3 uses no matter what) because the good father's 2nd form is easier... the real bloodborne

Dec 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

gascoigne rules and is good at teaching players that they arent playing dark souls no more

bsb does this well too

THE PENETRATOR posted:

When I watched lobosjr abuse the music box (he turns wolfman after 3 uses no matter what) because the good father's 2nd form is easier... the real bloodborne

pro as gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

I was thinking "oh so the first dude was basically manos and this guy is like gwyn" it's just the first 2 bosses. Made it to blood starved

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

I was thinking "oh so the first dude was basically manos and this guy is like gwyn" it's just the first 2 bosses. Made it to blood starved

blood starved beast is a boss that seems really hard at first but is actually the easiest boss in the game. just stay close and walk left when he attacks, u dont even have to roll

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

gascoigne is one of my favorite boss battles of all time

i really love how theres no fog wall the first time you go into boss fights. stumbling into him when youre not expecting it is so intense

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah bsb is the boss that teaches you not to dodge away from bosses but to the side so you stay close but then they hosed it up a little bit and all you have to do is walk to the left

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you for the tips!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

yeah bsb is the boss that teaches you not to dodge away from bosses but to the side so you stay close but then they hosed it up a little bit and all you have to do is walk to the left

yea. see my badass vid i made

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SM64Guy posted:

Hitting him through tombstones with the cane whip is fun.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I still like the saw cleaver best among the starting weapons, even though I know the imp zone bloodborne thread has a decidedly pro-cane bias

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
hunter axe 4 lyfe

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

untransformed saw cleaver has +20% damage against beasts plus it feels real good to use so it's my fav

Dec 26, 2012

I still like the saw cleaver best among the starting weapons, even though I know the imp zone bloodborne thread has a decidedly pro-cane bias

the axe is easily the best of the three, imo, but i like the cane more

Dec 26, 2012

also i like the saw spear way better than the cleaver anyhow

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
first time through I chose the axe and thought it was so op, now its just too slow for me. rediscover is correct the saw cleaver just feels right when you use it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
whenever i do a third char i'll take cleaver... spec out into chikage, maybe? it'll probably be for the dlc so that's going to change some stuff

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk if i'm bad at selling it or what, but people seem to instantly realize my messenger's gift traps

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
what I dont get is why everyone uses pistols... the blunderbuss is ftw (unless you are going bloodtinge build obv)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

good halberds are hard to find in the series, so im really grateful for how impactful the trasformed axe feels

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

good halberds are hard to find in the series, so im really grateful for how impactful the trasformed axe feels

this is the majority of why the hunter axe is good yeah

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

the transformed axe carried me through the first third of the game

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

THE PENETRATOR posted:

really? i found the second form much more difficult

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

yeah hes crashing through those drat tombstones now lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

and way more aggressive

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i like the axe a lot but the cane makes you feel Like A Boss., and i love the transformation attacks

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i feltl ike the axe was too good and samey nad played half the game with it before restarting and going with the saw blade

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
transformation attack into combo on the cane is just so satisfying

Dec 26, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

i feltl ike the axe was too good and samey nad played half the game with it before restarting and going with the saw blade

same except ludwig's

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

01011001 posted:

same except ludwig's

unfortunately i went to ludwig's in that playthrough so it was all for naught, but drat it kicked rear end. next time i play im definitely going with the whip

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Hoodrich posted:

really? i found the second form much more difficult

its because he only has three different attack patterns and has huge downtime between attacks while th first form is a lot like a hunter and insanely fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy a Berry
Apr 21, 2012
this game is so loving hard dude lol, only real gamers can handle this poo poo so i know my real gamer bros if they have the throphy. cant belive it some times. can you kill the demons and bests?