Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

I used to be a cook at a healthy type restaurant and we had vegan chilli. It was crumbled up soy burger patties in bean chilli. It was pretty good

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Voyager I posted:

I wasn't there for it, but POS pitcrew sounds like a pretty unengaging way to spend a battle. We still want our support ships on-grid, we just want there to be more nuance to their interaction with the game than enforcing a metagame of "target dies immediately or not at all".

What about remote reps increase lock time on the target, so more reps = harder to lock, meaning the 10th person takes 10s vs the first one taking 5, or whatever the scaling factor is.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the issue, from a solo perspective, is that painters are really good and only use 15 cpu for pwnage compared to 35 for the missile tc

Maybe, but in fleet fights these will be amazing. Additional painters are stacking penalized to pointlessness after 4 on a given target, but use painters plus these and you're around double the application against small targets.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't even know how that's goonsay

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

vyst posted:

I used to be a cook at a healthy type restaurant and we had vegan chilli. It was crumbled up soy burger patties in bean chilli. It was pretty good

Meat replacement stuff like quorn are becoming surprisingly good these days.

Plus I've yet to hit a piece of gristle in a quorn burger.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

I don't even know how that's goonsay

I just had this image of fat goon fingers that barely saw sunlight ripping apart soy burger patties and mixing it up in the chili.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

smertrioslol posted:

Come through FD- next time :getin:

(Or when I'm online)

Came right through it, everyone ran from me :( My reputation preceeds me, gotta fly something crippled and unthreatening apparently. BRB shipping a bunch of Rifters to Orvolle.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Made a spicy bowl of chili for all my Caldari flybois :wink:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ullerrm posted:

Came right through it, everyone ran from me :( My reputation preceeds me, gotta fly something crippled and unthreatening apparently. BRB shipping a bunch of Rifters to Orvolle.

They'll bring six dudes and a Falcon for a Rifter, too.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

angerbeet posted:

Made a spicy bowl of chili for all my Caldari flybois :wink:

Let's get off chili-chat and inform Goons about Koldskål:

Also does anyone have tips for making onion rings?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Demiurge4 posted:

:catstare:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
That white balance is off.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The original definition of chili is just a native hot pepper. Therefore, if you make chili with any ingredients other than peppers it's not authentic. Argument over.

I must say I make chili with beans myself, because I'm cheap and because the one time I tried a texas style chili it didn't come out that great. I didn't want to make it with lard or tons of extra fat, and so it didn't make the really thick sauce that sticks to the meat. Bah. My favorite chili I've made was actually even more heretical, chipotle lime pork chili with pintos. Is it chili if it's not even beef?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
This thread sucks lately.

You aren't even posting chili recipies or whatever, just
"chili has beans"
"Nah uhh"
"Yeah it does too!"
Then someone posts about Texas like anyone outside of Texas gives a poo poo about Texas.

Can we at least talk about something vaguely related to Eve in the Eve thread?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Amarr is burning, I've made 200 mil on catalyst ganks and it's quite interesting to hear/take part in Miniluv ops. Warr is a gorram machine.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Richard Bong posted:

"chili has beans"
"Nah uhh"
"Yeah it does too!"
Then someone posts about Texas like anyone outside of Texas gives a poo poo about Texas.

Sure what do we do if :ccp: fucks up so badly it kills the game?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I'd probably stop playing video games so much. Eve scratches some sort of itch that a lot of games seem to miss. I suppose if anyone has the infrastructure and organizational backbone to make the jump to other games its us though.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

Let's get off chili-chat and inform Goons about Koldskål:

I had never considered putting croutons in my bowl of semen.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having now considered it what are your thoughts?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

That you are a shameful goon.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
if youre listening to anything anyone from texas has to say youre loving up real bad son

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Richard Bong posted:

"chili has beans"
"Nah uhh"
"Yeah it does too!"

heres an idea, instead of whining that the posts arent to your loving liking, you broach a subject yourself

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Richard Bong posted:

"chili has beans"
"Nah uhh"
"Yeah it does too!"

Yes I have a few catch-up questions:

1. What the gently caress is a drifter?
2. blap?
3. Who the gently caress boiled meat?
4. Why should I think very carefully about making statements like this in a public forum?
5. Am I a bad person for not liking beans in my chili?
6. I read about the wiki and it made me sad because I pretty much learned the game off of it but what happened to the killboard? The plain layout of the old one was so much easier to look at than zkillboard.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yes I have a few catch-up questions:

1. What the gently caress is a drifter?
2. blap?
3. Who the gently caress boiled meat?
4. Why should I think very carefully about making statements like this in a public forum?
5. Am I a bad person for not liking beans in my chili?
6. I read about the wiki and it made me sad because I pretty much learned the game off of it but what happened to the killboard? The plain layout of the old one was so much easier to look at than zkillboard.

npcs that pod and also loot corpses
stupid loving term that i hate
kalenn istarion
not in a public forum, in public forum and its from a dominionix post
no you are right minded
it's dead because afaik solo never actually updated it even though several people worked on it and fixed it

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

heres an idea, instead of whining that the posts arent to your loving liking, you broach a subject yourself

My last 6 posts are in this thread, I tried.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Richard Bong posted:

My last 6 posts are in this thread, I tried.

if nobody bit, its you and your words that are boring and dumb not whatever the derails are

HELLFISH88
Jun 14, 2015
Are Vexors still the meta?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

if nobody bit, its you and your words that are boring and dumb not whatever the derails are

You're totally right the meat chat thing hasn't been run into the ground. Thanks for clarifying.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Richard Bong posted:

You're totally right the meat chat thing hasn't been run into the ground. Thanks for clarifying.

Just do like I do and mentally edit the meat chat posts out.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

what a bunch of passive aggressive bean eaters

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Richard Bong posted:

you're welcome :)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

hemophilia posted:

what a bunch of passive aggressive bean eaters

Legumes are delicious. With beef. I must sate my omnivoric tendencies while waiting for targets to gank.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

HELLFISH88 posted:

Are Vexors still the meta?

For t1 doctrines vexors and caracals are really good but they can't go toe to toe with tech III cruiser fleets.

They're not the meta really but they are a viable doctrine.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 21, 2015

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I wish I didn't get such enjoyment from deadtear posts, but I do. :ohdear:

HELLFISH88
Jun 14, 2015

Reverand maynard posted:

For t1 doctrines vexors and caracals are really good but they can't go toe to toe with tech III cruiser fleets.

They're not the meta really but they are a viable doctrine.

Armor T3 right?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

HELLFISH88 posted:

Armor T3 right?

Tengu Fleets are very much a thing now and they are both far far beyond what Vexors are going to handle.

Rapid Light Caracal gangs make great skirmish doctrines. They have good short-term damage output with fantastic range and application for what they are, which means it's hard for tackle to get near them and they can fight from a safe enough distance to disengage when their launchers need to reload. They aren't great at getting stuck into a pitched battle since the long reloads cut heavily into their DPS and they have very poor alpha if you're up against hostile logi (both in terms of low volley damage and the enemy having several seconds of warning when they get primaried), but for trolling through BRAVE space they're the fuckin' bomb.

Vexors aren't as amazing as Caracals for skirmishing but they stand head and shoulders above other T1 cruisers in terms of steady damage output on a reasonably durable hull and they can be fit many different ways.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I personally really like RLML Caracals. You can combine them with some scythes and a little EWAR and your 10 man gang gets pretty mean. Definitely won't stand up to "real" doctrines though.

HELLFISH88
Jun 14, 2015
Ah, well it's good my Tengu skills are decent then....are they spider tanking tengus?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Richard Bong posted:

I personally really like RLML Caracals. You can combine them with some scythes and a little EWAR and your 10 man gang gets pretty mean. Definitely won't stand up to "real" doctrines though.

I like them because they're cheap, easy to train newbies into, and very good for casual roaming, and I hate them because what the gently caress is a T1 Cruiser doing putting out 300+ DPS to 60 KM with small-gun application for no fitting or EHP compromises whatsoever and how am I supposed to take out roams in frigates or any other T1 cruiser besides maybe Vexors when these bastards are everywhere? They're a ton of fun to fly but Rapid Lights in general really need to get cornholed so that other skirmish doctrines can be useful.

E: they're basically the Ishtar of 30 mil T1 poo poo with the caveat that they aren't very well suited to pitched battles.

No, nobody is spider-tanking Tengus. You make them into big fat bricks with Railguns sticking out and then put a blob of logistics behind them.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 21, 2015

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Voyager I posted:

I like them because they're cheap, easy to train newbies into, and very good for casual roaming, and I hate them because what the gently caress is a T1 Cruiser doing putting out 300+ DPS to 60 KM with small-gun application for no fitting or EHP compromises whatsoever and how am I supposed to take out roams in frigates or any other T1 cruiser besides maybe Vexors when these bastards are everywhere? They're a ton of fun to fly but Rapid Lights in general really need to get cornholed so that other skirmish doctrines can be useful.

E: they're basically the Ishtar of 30 mil T1 poo poo with the caveat that they aren't very well suited to pitched battles.

Yeah, that is true, RLMLs could probably use a balance pass to either deal with velocity/range or application, or maybe some fitting changes since they only cost like 75% of a heavy launcher. I hope they don't just make the reload longer or something because that wouldn't really fix them and waiting for guns to reload isn't fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I want to see drakes make a comeback! Yea I'm one of those nerds

• Locked thread