Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Minions are the most adorable thing. I thought all they did was follow you cutely but I just noticed how the coeurl kitten changed to an aggressive stance and started scratching the enemy with its tiny paws. This this the best. I need them all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

boho posted:

Hey what's that one weird trick for making Vita Remote Play playable? Something about connecting via the internet even if your PS4 is two rooms away because the PS4's broadcast antenna is poo poo? I know it was mentioned in the old thread, but I forget the details...
You plug your ps4 into ethernet and turn off direct connection in the remote play settings, and hope your wifi isn't garbage.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I know this is a strange question, but how many of you have approached this game as something other than a MMO?

I've taken to disabling almost every possible aspect of the HUD, and it improved my enjoyment of the game immensely. The biggest changes are removing the duty list and the minimap. Removing the duty list stops it from feeling like such a job and forces me to get more into the game itself by remembering what I'm supposed to be doing in the first place. If I ever forget or in the cases where details aren't actually explained by the person giving the quest, the journal itself is bound to R2,L2,up - more than easy enough for initiating leves and when I need to look up something. The minimap being gone forces you to actually pay attention to the surroundings, and god drat are they gorgeous when you pay attention. It stops being a game of "follow this green spec" and you actually develop a sense of where things are. Whenever you're lost or need to look up a quest's hunting range or whatever, just hit square when nothing's selected and the full map pops right up.

Also, have you tried actually talking to the non-questgivers? There'sa huge amount of flavortext in the game, sometimes from NPCs that only appear during an extremely small window (like the crowd of townspeople outside of the Walking Sands right after you beat the second primal, who are gone by the time you leave). Yes, the game's an MMO skinner box, but if you stop treating it like one it gives you so much more :kimchi:

When I'm in the field, I have almost my entire HUD turned off

In a dungeon during a fight and a crossbar button held down, where the rest of the stuff shows up

(And don't bother with sourcing my quote, I'll fully admit to an effortpost that most people probably won't care about)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

There's a reproducible client crash bug where if you open party finder then close it within like a second or two (but after about half a second) it crashes the game. Please be careful!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
My worldview has been shattered.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

I know this is a strange question, but how many of you have approached this game as something other than a MMO?
I definitely play it like its a regular FF, you gotta talk to every NPC after every quest to see what they think of whatever crazy poo poo is going on. At some points the sidestories between the incidental waking sands/rising stones npcs are more interesting than what the scions are up to. So far the HW MSQ is pulling off the tone and structure of old school FF way more successfully than the 2.0 stuff, and I'm unreasonably excited about that.

Curtm726
Jun 10, 2015
Anyone else having any issues getting past the user agreement when installing heavensward from the launcher? It lets me click the box to agree but the next button doesnt work

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i approach this game with the understanding it is a way to hide from the reality of my actual life, which has like 3 cool things in it and roughly an infinite number of bad ones. this still does not make me care about what merlwyb says.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Merlwyb is my friend and I love her.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Curtm726 posted:

Anyone else having any issues getting past the user agreement when installing heavensward from the launcher? It lets me click the box to agree but the next button doesnt work

Can't remember, but I think this is one of those ones where they programmed it so that you had to have scrolled all the way to the bottom.

SO YOU BETTER HAVE READ THE ENTIRE THING.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 21, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just finished the DRK 40 quest, and I'm really digging the direction this is going. Feels vaguely meta. :v:

Getting harder to resist going SMN or DRG for a while though, and actually start on the story. Or level MCH, which is starting to grow on me...

i need help

Curtm726
Jun 10, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Can't remember, but I think this is one of those ones where they programmed it so that you had to have scrolled all the way to the bottom.

SO YOU BETTER HAVE READ THE ENTIRE THING.

I scrolled through the whole thing still didnt work. That was the first thing i tried.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Curtm726 posted:

I had this issue a while back, what I had to do to fix it was go to FFXIV_BOOT.cfg under Documents -> My Games and change the EulaAgreement 0 line to EulaAgreement 1.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Velveteen posted:

Minions are the most adorable thing. I thought all they did was follow you cutely but I just noticed how the coeurl kitten changed to an aggressive stance and started scratching the enemy with its tiny paws. This this the best. I need them all.

The coeurl kitten and the wolf pup will attempt to fight each other, Moogles dance together, some (succubus for example) will respond to /beckon and land on your shoulder, or head if you're a Lala.

If you were to /slap a fat cat it would scurry away from you. Don't do that though, that would be mean.

There's many more I'm forgetting. Plus read all their descriptions, some funny stuff tucked away there.

Target a pet and do /handover to feed them. :3:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The Succubus Minion's background text is both sad and creepy.

And implies that the soul of one of the dollmaker's children may be living in the doll...

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ciaphas posted:

I just finished the DRK 40 quest, and I'm really digging the direction this is going. Feels vaguely meta. :v:

Getting harder to resist going SMN or DRG for a while though, and actually start on the story. Or level MCH, which is starting to grow on me...

i need help

the only way out is through, just blast through 40-50 and then do the storyline as drk

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

I'm concerned.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fridurmus posted:

I'm concerned.

https://youtu.be/Yol8pUYsa_w

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

Is anyone else having a rough time leveling WHM past 50? Does it get better?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

suztan posted:

Is anyone else having a rough time leveling WHM past 50? Does it get better?
It should get better at 56 and 58 with stone III and aero III :v:

I switched to scholar for leveling to 60, since their DPS kit is a lot less "I want to die" and I plan to level WHM through dungeons/roulettes with armory bonus.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
WHM dps is pretty good. Stone III is level 54, not 56.

Speaking of, there's no way to macro it and stone II together for level syncing, is there? I don't wanna devote two keybinds to them since stone III obsoletes stone II when available

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Minrad posted:

WHM dps is pretty good. Stone III is level 54, not 56.

Speaking of, there's no way to macro it and stone II together for level syncing, is there? I don't wanna devote two keybinds to them since stone III obsoletes stone II when available
Have you tried it like this?

/action "Stone III" <t>
/action "Stone II" <t>

Without a wait 0.5 in between, it should just use the first one available and then stop. I haven't tried it out to confirm, but I think that's how macros work.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Hi, can a tank somewhere, anywhere in the world (though I guess on the same data center as Faerie? IDK how duty finder actually works), queue for Cape Westwind so we can finish this matchmaking and I can finally move on with the story/my life, thank you

e: oh god matchmaking popped and everyone but a healer accepted, life is hell

e2: MADE IT

e3: everyone is watching the cutscene, which is I guess 90 minutes long or something :negative:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 21, 2015

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
guys i did it i'm a 50 DRK :toot:

now i can finally go outside and/or eat

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Vault might just be my favorite dungeon in any MMO I've ever played. Cool music, awesome atmosphere, and the bosses are fun. They really knocked it out of the park with this Xpack.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just did all of 2.1-2.55 on PLD, beginning with the first post-2.0 quest when the servers came back up yesterday.

I stopped paying attention to the story around level 20, but read a summary to catch all the way back up.

HOLY poo poo.

Does anyone know off hand what page in the last thread did the the 2.55 ending discussion start? now that I've seen it I want to read what you all wrote.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Thumbtacks posted:

guys i did it i'm a 50 DRK :toot:

now i can finally go outside and/or eat

I just hit 50 on AST and it feels so drat good. The weight has been lifted. I see the light.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Malloreon posted:

I just did all of 2.1-2.55 on PLD, beginning with the first post-2.0 quest when the servers came back up yesterday.

I stopped paying attention to the story around level 20, but read a summary to catch all the way back up.

HOLY poo poo.

Does anyone know off hand what page in the last thread did the the 2.55 ending discussion start? now that I've seen it I want to read what you all wrote.

Yo, can you hit me up with the summary? After I got flamed for not watching cutscenes I started watching them just before doing The Aery and I'm kind of getting invested.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I just upgraded to the full game! Now to pick a random goon at random on the list to use their code. Oh and run off to the guild board and apply to the goon guild.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

fadam posted:

Yo, can you hit me up with the summary? After I got flamed for not watching cutscenes I started watching them just before doing The Aery and I'm kind of getting invested.

Yeah man, these:

http://gamerescape.com/2015/01/19/the-lore-train-a-realm-reborn-part-1/

http://gamerescape.com/2015/05/12/the-lore-train-a-realm-reborn-part-2/

contain the entire 2.0-2.55 storyline

Also, if like me you didn't play 1.0, here's the 1.0 storyline:

http://gamerescape.com/2013/08/21/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-white-raven/

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, I think I just had one hell of a bombshell dropped on me in the cutscene near the end of Heart of Ice:

Hraesvelgr: In an age long past, mine own kin were guilty of like folly. Beguiled by the dark ones' lies, they attempted to resurrect a king amongst wyrms─yet the divinity they called forth merely borrowed the semblance of my fallen brood-brother.

If I'm reading that bit of dialogue correctly, does that mean that not only were the Ascians around as far back as the Third Astral Era, but that they taught the Meracydians how to summon Bahamut?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks bud.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can we get the DRK promo armor? Specifically this one:

I know I've seen it in-game, so I hope so.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
E: Sold it.

Is there any point to me buying Heavenward yet if I never reached max level when I used to play? I think I got to something like level 25 in my free month.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 21, 2015

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Bardeh posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but here goes anyway.

Does anyone want to buy a US 60 day timecode? I ordered it from the square enix store, thought I had cancelled the order when it took too long, but ended up getting charged for it anyway after I got impatient and used Crysta to reactivate my account. You can have it for $25 Paypal. PM me if you're interested.

Is there any point to me buying Heavenward yet if I never reached max level when I used to play? I think I got to something like level 25 in my free month.

Only if you want to create the new race. Otherwise you can just stick with the base game til you hit level 50.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Were the new AF armors for the new jobs ever shown? The original AF2 preview video didn't have the new classes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

I really don't know how anyone could ever possibly think that she was actually dead. You see her drink the wine then she's just whisked away, and when Raubaun demanded to see her they were really cagey about it; if she was actually dead they'd be practically throwing her corpse at him.

This is an anime, after all. As a wise goon once said, if you don't see a mangled corpse, the character isn't dead.

Also wtf how can you hate the sultana

So minfilla is alive then?

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Just killed Bismark EX, easy primal, cross between Titan and Leviathan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
For people who have made it to 60, how much more complicated are the new rotations and such with the new abilities added in the expansion? I've been looking over the new stuff added to the various classes and some of it looks like a pain in the rear end to manage, especially trying to keep track of all of it in movement heavy fights.

• Locked thread