Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The only good characters I play are the ones I play

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ike can kill from an up-throw into a fair now and his power is limitless

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Hell yeah man

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kirby is the best character. He has 40+ more moves than any other single character!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Zelder posted:

i voted for andy & sami from advance wars with the implication that he should have snake's move set for no reason.

My dream would be for the Advance Wars tank with Andy and Sami and Max hanging off of it like on the coverart

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ruggington posted:

He owns big time

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

nerdbot posted:

My dream would be for the Advance Wars tank with Andy and Sami and Max hanging off of it like on the coverart

Advance Wars came out in America on September 11, 2001.

What's an airport again?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Advance Wars came out in America on September 11, 2001.

What's an airport again?

Mario Maker is coming out on september 11th as well.... this can't be a coincidence.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

mabels big day posted:

Mario Maker is coming out on september 11th as well.... this can't be a coincidence.

It's time to rebuild and Mario's helping.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want more Advance Wars in Smash.

I don't think they should adapt Snake's moveset. I also want Snake back. Just make up something new like with Captain Falcon.

Also, I want a version of this song in Smash's soundtrack.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Prepare for a ton of "A second Mario has hit the flagpole" courses.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just experienced my first ever Smash Bros crash. 7 amiibo vs 1 human player on Dream Land 64, suddenly out of nowhere a high pitched whine and frozen console. Interesting.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I've had a few crashes on 3DS using Ryu's final smash

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Echo Chamber posted:

Also, I want a version of this song in Smash's soundtrack.

It's odd we haven't even had any Advance Wars songs in the series so far, let alone a fighter. The only representation is an assist trophy and that's just not right.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

.TakaM posted:

I've had a few crashes on 3DS using Ryu's final smash

The solution is to not play smash 3ds

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

TheKingofSprings posted:

The solution is to not play smash 3ds

smdh if you haven't gotten that sweet 100% on 3DS yet

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000
Q from 3rd Strike for DLC SVP

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

The 3ds got it's 40$ worth from me while I owned it but then the Wii U version came out

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I JUST got my last Mii Fighter Hat on Smash 3DS yesterday. Custom moves are a different beast but at least I've made a big dent.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Smash 3DS is great because I play it at work and other times I'm supposed to be bored.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I've 100%d both versions and still play them both, because the big version is obviously big and shiny

and the small version can come with me so I can be goony out of the house of when I'm doing real life things like "visiting the inlaws"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I have 100% (minus Mii hats but including Custom Moves) on my 3DS, including Challenges, and had nearly all the trophies on Wii U before the first DLC hit, but then my HDD I used for the Wii U died and I had to start all over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's odd we haven't even had any Advance Wars songs in the series so far, let alone a fighter. The only representation is an assist trophy and that's just not right.

That trophy is great because it's part of the Classic NES trophy case collection for no reason whatsoever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Reiley posted:

That trophy is great because it's part of the Classic NES trophy case collection for no reason whatsoever.

Didn't the Wars series start on the NES?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It did. Famicom Wars.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Thread, I have to admit something to you. I'm sorry, but... Roy's My Boy.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Captain Falcon is still the loving dopest tho

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I hope they release DLC where the announcer yells out the game's title again.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Suspicious Cook posted:

I hope they release DLC where the announcer yells out the game's title again.

I'd pay like a dollar for DLC that does just this and skips the game trying to load the intro video for like thirty seconds every time you boot the game.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Roy's dash attack is pretty good

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Roy is really good. Too good actually, he's basically made Marth and Lucina irelevent. Nice to see Nintendo stepping up to the mark with pay to win DLC! Look, if I wanted this kind of poo poo I'd buy whatever the latest new loving mobile game fad is. Clash of Clans or whatever the poo poo. gently caress off.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Roy's cool

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Fire Emblem 6 is a piece of poo poo. There, I had to say it.

gently caress Roy!!!

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
No, gently caress you.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Roy's sword is on fire and he's cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Roy is really good. Too good actually, he's basically made Marth and Lucina irelevent. Nice to see Nintendo stepping up to the mark with pay to win DLC! Look, if I wanted this kind of poo poo I'd buy whatever the latest new loving mobile game fad is. Clash of Clans or whatever the poo poo. gently caress off.

Sakurai didn't make them poo poo because of DLC

He made them poo poo because he was still figuring out how his game worked like it took thousands of people ~4 months to do.

The difference being it was more or less one guy and he was making the entire thing. It still sucks, but Roy is fun and worth the price of entry

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Roy is the most anime anime swordsmen of all, and that's a good thing

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Roy is all powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Roy is the most anime anime swordsmen of all, and that's a good thing

Roy anime is more in the Gurren lagann camp while marth is sword art online where it far up it's own rear end.

• Locked thread