Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

corn in the fridge posted:

lol u can't b serious

Oh but I am!
I also saw a db10 and a Vulcan and a gt12 and a lagomda
Then I laffed at the panel gaps on a friggin zagato db7 which look like a imitation friggin veilside quality level. Smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bape Culture posted:

Oh but I am!
I also saw a db10 and a Vulcan and a gt12 and a lagomda
Then I laffed at the panel gaps on a friggin zagato db7 which look like a imitation friggin veilside quality level. Smh

is that the green sorry california sage zagato db7 with no roof? also im realy annoyed you got to see the gt12 beforr me as we have sold 3 of them and im eagerly waiting delivery!!!! i saw the lagonda when i was up there in january and thought it pretty sweet tbh much cooler in person but for £600k or whatever you must be joking!!!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Ozmiander posted:

“I must not borrow. Debt is the fun-killer. debt is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my debt. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the debt has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. With my bitchin' $500 Camaro for funsies.”

Bravo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

corn in the fridge posted:

is that the green sorry california sage zagato db7 with no roof? also im realy annoyed you got to see the gt12 beforr me as we have sold 3 of them and im eagerly waiting delivery!!!! i saw the lagonda when i was up there in january and thought it pretty sweet tbh much cooler in person but for £600k or whatever you must be joking!!!

Me: "lol"

Gt12 looks poo poo I'd buy a gt3rs

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
it is a bit of an odd thing

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ozmiander posted:

“I must not borrow. Debt is the fun-killer. debt is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my debt. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the debt has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. With my bitchin' $500 Camaro for funsies.”

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Jurassic World was kind of ridiculous.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Jurassic World was kind of ridiculous.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

WITNESS ME!

I'm really starting to enjoy putting stickybombs on my car and driving into pubbies at high speeds :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This only really makes sense with ford raptors, or possbly firebirds.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Powershift posted:

This only really makes sense with ford raptors, or possbly firebirds.
If you insist:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Any news on the Porsche, Motronic?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I guess my car found out I was inside another one today... The little sun visor on the driver's side broke at the hinge so now it hangs down :sigh: And it looks like I need to put some more r134 in it :sigh:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Is anyone else watching this Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig Lifetime channel movie right now? I am cracking up.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is anyone else watching this Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig Lifetime channel movie right now? I am cracking up.

poo poo's weird. Subtle enough to pass for a "serious drama" but the acting and some of the jokes are pretty :lol:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

You know, I try to be sensitive to peoples' various religious views despite my own atheism, but people on tumblr are posting dead serious warnings about goddamn ouija boards and MEDDLING WITH THE SPIRIT WORLD and I just... :laffo:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Father's day Kung Fu marathon happening on the El Rey network all weekend, guess i know what I'll be doing on Sunday :smug:

I love these loving movies and I don't know why :3:

Also these El Rey promos are the poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d9njyH5kbA

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 21, 2015

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I just posted my motorcycle for sale, and I'm none too pleased about it.

god dammit

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ilkhan posted:

Ah.
Well that explains why they loving suck.

Fedex isn't union, and it's pretty easy to argue that they suck just as bad.

Like BrokenKnucklez said, unions aren't the problem. They can make it more difficult to fire lovely employees though (UPS is Teamsters).

BloodBag posted:

I guess I'll just keep driving the miata and enjoy the upcoming trip to San Antonio and maybe take it out to the hill country and drive on the twisted sisters again

I haven't been on those particular roads, but I've driven around that general area plenty, and stayed in Hunt and Kerrville before - it's beautiful out there, with some absolutely :perfect: roads that were a blast even in my Accord.

More power to splash pedestrians with? :haw:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I would be, if Time Warner could figure out how to cable tv.

Best part? Their streaming apps are severely limited if you're on non-TWC wifi (their Roku app won't work at all unless you use TWC for internet).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 21, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hate living across the street from this. And I mean literally as in I can look out the window and see my front door directly across the loving street from a place that does pepper crusted albacore with a gently caress if I know what side, think it was fennel and pistachio and oh my god there's cheesecake

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

god dammit

I need to get around to doing this too. There are only about 4 months out of the year where riding my bike is enjoyable and I do not really have time to ride it anyway. It takes more time to put on and take off all my gear than riding to or from work and the parking deck sensors can't see motorcycles anyway. Also motorcycles are for big dumb retards, but I still really like my bike so gently caress.

Galler fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 21, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god its like the concept of cheesecake is blowing a load in my mouth

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I hate living across the street from this. And I mean literally as in I can look out the window and see my front door directly across the loving street from a place that does pepper crusted albacore with a gently caress if I know what side, think it was fennel and pistachio and oh my god there's cheesecake

Love me some seared tuna, god drat.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

14 INCH SLIT posted:

God pepper crusted Tuna is one of my favorite things. So good.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

BloodBag posted:

Apparently what I needed was a reality check today. I test drove a 2012 focus SEL hatchback with the my ford touch stuff. The car was awesome. Quiet, great AC, nice ride, comfortable, great audio and infotainment. The transmission's had its recalls done (I can tell by how it shifts). The reality check was looking at what I'd get for trade on my miata, $9,000. Leaving me to finance $6,000. I already have one car payment for my wife's car, two credit cards, two personal loans and the thought of another debt just made me chicken out. I can't stomach the thought of another loving debt. I mean it's only $6,000, but I already struggle on a credit card and two loans altogether totaling $6K.

I guess I'll just keep driving the miata and enjoy the upcoming trip to San Antonio and maybe take it out to the hill country and drive on the twisted sisters again

I guess all my June money should really go to debt. I'd start a thread in BFC, but the last one I did, some rear end in a top hat goon decided to dox me and start harassing my wife through facebook :mediocre:

I feel ya man, one of the biggest problems with debt is exactly what you posted "only $6000". It takes an entire year of setting aside $500 a month to have $6000 in the bank. And if you have a spare $500 a month, you should be sticking it in the bank. If you had $6000 cash in hand, would you spend it on the Focus? I question myself about that daily. $500 a month seems like a huge chunk of my spare money, $6000 in debt does not feel like a lot of debt. So really if I borrow $6000 I'm committing to paying on it for several years.

This is not a lecture, this is partially talking to myself as well. The idea of being in the black and staying there is such an alien concept to me and most americans when the reality is that debt should be rare. Now that we've built an entire economy on it I'm not sure how we can ever recover from it. At that point all I can do is try to do it for myself and those I know.

My dad taught me basically "life's short, buy what you want when you want" and "leverage any credit you have to do so". It's so much easier to get used to borrowing large amounts of cash rather than saving them up beforehand. I'm down to my last $3600 out of $12k I borrowed to build my convertible, and I keep thinking I should be able to pay that off in just a few months. But I really can't, in truth it's going to take me more than 6 months to do it. And all the while I have to rely on credit for emergencies. Fortunately I have good credit and decent limits but one calamity and I'm back in the hole.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So until Time Warner figures out how to do this whole "connect a cable to a house" thing, I dug out my Chromecast... and an old antenna. I had an amplified one from Monoprice at one time, but the rabbit ears actually did a better job last time I tried it, even on a stereo (couldn't find the amplified one either, even though I know I saw it a few weeks ago).

I've been doing handstands and contortions trying to find the perfect place to put the antenna to get more than 1 channel. I finally got PBS reliably, and CBS if I looked at it funny.

Tossed the antenna on the floor in frustration, figured I'd run another scan. Now I'm getting NBC and PBS, plus CBS. It picked up the local ABC station during the channel scan, but won't tune to it.

At least with analog TV you could get an idea of what direction to move the antenna based on how clear the picture was. :corsair: DTV either works or doesn't, and this TV doesn't show signal strength in the settings unless it's locked onto a channel (cheap LG 24" LCD, I think it was $130 at Best Buy a few years ago?).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fuckin around on alibaba when all of a sudden......

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Arrival-Car-Wrap-Sticker-Velvet_60027677116.html

oooh my.

A whole lot of red, a little bit of orange, you could make zapp brannigan: the car.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

LloydDobler posted:

I feel ya man, one of the biggest problems with debt is exactly what you posted "only $6000". It takes an entire year of setting aside $500 a month to have $6000 in the bank. And if you have a spare $500 a month, you should be sticking it in the bank. If you had $6000 cash in hand, would you spend it on the Focus? I question myself about that daily. $500 a month seems like a huge chunk of my spare money, $6000 in debt does not feel like a lot of debt. So really if I borrow $6000 I'm committing to paying on it for several years.

This is not a lecture, this is partially talking to myself as well. The idea of being in the black and staying there is such an alien concept to me and most americans when the reality is that debt should be rare. Now that we've built an entire economy on it I'm not sure how we can ever recover from it. At that point all I can do is try to do it for myself and those I know.

My dad taught me basically "life's short, buy what you want when you want" and "leverage any credit you have to do so". It's so much easier to get used to borrowing large amounts of cash rather than saving them up beforehand. I'm down to my last $3600 out of $12k I borrowed to build my convertible, and I keep thinking I should be able to pay that off in just a few months. But I really can't, in truth it's going to take me more than 6 months to do it. And all the while I have to rely on credit for emergencies. Fortunately I have good credit and decent limits but one calamity and I'm back in the hole.

I couldn't agree more. I have about 3k left to go on my back property taxes and about 9 on student loans before I am debt free.

I am seriously debating spending another winter without a furnace in my fixer upper house so I can kill that debt about 6 months sooner. Good loving god I hate being in debt.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goddamn, the past three days at Copenhell have been a blur of metal and beer. Lots and lots of beer and roast pork.

Konkhra, Cannibal Corpse, Body Count, Iron Reagan, Saint Vitus, Exodus, Ensiferum, At The Gates, Primordial, Kreator, Red Fang, Primus, Monolord, Huldre, Gojira, Bloodbath, Ghost, Red Warszawa and a bunch of others. It was goddamn epic, there is no other word for it.

And of course Nuclear Assault were there too, on their Final Assault world tour. They say they're getting too old, but I call bullshit on that. They've still got it in spades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOMHMgX4-4

I had a chat with them and got my copy of Game Over signed at the signing session afterwards, and they were basically the raddest dudes ever. I can't wait to hear their new album :rock:

(And of course I've already pre-ordered the EP that's coming out on the 26th. 1 of 100 limited nuclear yellow and black vinyl, of course.)

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 21, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

LloydDobler posted:

My dad taught me basically "life's short, buy what you want when you want" and "leverage any credit you have to do so". It's so much easier to get used to borrowing large amounts of cash rather than saving them up beforehand.

I grew up with this method, as well... and took it into my adulthood. At 21 I had a nice house and a brand new Nissan Sentra SE-R (with ABS and sunroof, the only options). But I had a 30 year mortgage on all but 20% of the house and owed almost all of the Nissan, so really I was living for the bank while I used the bank's stuff.

It wasn't until about 10 years (and many bad experiences/decisions) later that I finally made some good decisions paid poo poo off and moved on. Once you own your own cars with no bank interest, you have a different view of them. They really become yours.

gently caress banks, try as hard as you can to own your own stuff instead of paying the bank for the privilege and building up nothing to show for it.

It's Sunday, and that's been your sermon from Reverend Preacher Bishop meatpimp.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Amen.

The only debt I owe is on my apartment. Everything else, I own outright. It feels good.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Safety Dance posted:

I'm getting pretty close to posting mine for sale, I just don't ride at all anymore. Bought it February 2014 and I've put less than 750 miles on it, my friends have put on more miles borrowing it. I don't ride to work anymore and if I'm headed to the mountains I'd rather take one of the fun cars than the motard. The trials bike and race bike are sitting in the living room. Trials hasn't been ridden in 6+ months and the race bike hasn't been on track in the 3-ish years I've owned it. I essentially have 8-9k in bikes sitting around doing nothing...poo poo.

Dept talk: It sucks, I need to stop buying toys and pay off the house faster. I did a 30 years when I could and should have done a 15 years then have taken out small loans for both the M's so I didn't have to draw my cash down to an uncomfortable level. Selling off the 928 (and maybe some bikes) will pay off the remainder of the M5 loan then I'll toss the rest at the mortgage.

Well Brewfest was pretty awesome. So many good beers in one spot and the only rain was right as I was parking. Had an amazing chocolate stout from a small brewery I can't remember. Stuck to mostly stout's the whole day, most of them were really good.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

Amen.

The only debt I owe is on my apartment. Everything else, I own outright. It feels good.

No debt best debt. I would not be able to do the poo poo I want to do if I were still paying the bill man every month.

Thinking about houses but I really don't want to be tied to that big red number for 30 years.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Its almost depressing. I went and looked at houses today, and its asinine for what people ask for. Between me and my wife we north of 6 figures, and I can't for the life of me understand why any one would piss away 250-300k plus on a home. But I drive rovers (cheap rovers), so its to as each their own.

I guess we both come under the school of thought that if one of us gets hurt/loses a job/etc that the other income should be able to pick up the slack. One of her friends just bought a home for 275k then dumped 10k into a shed (they have a 3 car garage and 2 cars), new tv, furniture and a riding lawn mower... Their lot is pretty tiny, I could knock it out push mowing it in less than an hour. But they are also the couple that if we invite them out to dinner or go on a short weekend trip they are always to strapped. :sigh:

I guess I can't talk about what goes behind closed doors. Its not my life, so I can't comment on the way people live. I have some debt, but its totally manageable. My student loans are only 1.25% apr, so I'm no loving hurry to pay those off. I owe some small credit card debt and 2 small car loans, I'm not in a perfect position, but things are very manageable.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

My student loans are only 1.25% apr,

fuckin how

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

I refied right when the economy took a poo poo. I was originally doing 2.25% and they bank hosed up the note, so I was quiet about everything. I did the math and its been roughly 1.25%, so I'm quietly just paying it.

Edit: I should note before that I was only paying 3.25% before I refied everything. My credit score was around 820ish.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 21, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I guess I can't talk about what goes behind closed doors. Its not my life, so I can't comment on the way people live.

I catch myself feeling I'm doing things wrong when people around me earning the same or less have 2 new cars, massive tellies, flying away on holiday 2 times a year, huge houses.

But I have no debt right now, I'll be in for £140k mortgage very shortly but I'll be there forever, it's everything we need, when either car starts costing big money I'll replace with another £1-2kish appliance. It's a 25 year mortgage but I'm confident we can knock that out in 18-20 conservatively.

I'm easily tempted by 1k in home cinema kit or a 6k car or a new phone or whatever, but I've developed the habit of procrastinating over purchases so long I never end up buying anything.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

No, it gets better than that: Not even 60 years ago, it was basically legal to lynch blacks, and this happened wholesale in the 40s and 50s even until the Federal Government finally got off their rear end and started prosecuting during the Civil Rights era, and yet they look at you all cross eyed if you explain why SOME people don't find the flag very appealing to be flying around.

Its even more hilarious because a lot of these chucklefucks would be doing the same poo poo ISIS does if they didn't fear retribution or legal consequences.

Whats really funny is everyone who bashes folks about liking the confederate flag even though it supports horrible things LOVES the American flag. Its not like they murdered shitloads of natives under it. Or did the other horribkle things they did under that flag. But no the civil war was a touch more recent so lets get all butthurt about that. ITS A loving FLAG WHY WORRIE OR WASTE TIME FOR SOME MOUTHBREATHER WHO KNOWS NO BETTER. Basically all flags are stupid and have been flown above horrible acts in history.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

The Cobalt just left. Dude and 2 of his buddies came down from NH to grab it. Tried to get it to start for 30 minutes in the rain to no avail. Gave up, smoked them up on an L and decided to push it on the trailer. Just for shits we cranked it over one more time and it fired right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Happy not a fathers day :buddy:

• Locked thread