Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

corn in the bible posted:

lttp is the best zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why don't any mmo's that are dying just get a quick patch to make them singleplayer so they can keep selling it (at a reduced price) without needing hosting servers? I'd love to try that warhammer mmo if it was single player.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

effectual posted:

Why don't any mmo's that are dying just get a quick patch to make them singleplayer so they can keep selling it (at a reduced price) without needing hosting servers? I'd love to try that warhammer mmo if it was single player.

Just play Cookie Clicker? :confused:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

effectual posted:

No you don't.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i like playing warcraft and starcraft cuz i like clciking the thing and then you click the bad thing and they fight for me

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
dungeon fighter is pretty good, and in fact may soon be the first mmo i've ever actually bothered to reach the level cap in.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mak0rz posted:

Just play Cookie Clicker? :confused:

What's that

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

effectual posted:

What's that

It's a game where you get to click things a lot to make numbers go up and as you get big enough numbers you can get things that make your numbers go up even faster

best of all...it's single player! right up your alley my friend!

http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inflammatory posted:

dungeon fighter is pretty good, and in fact may soon be the first mmo i've ever actually bothered to reach the level cap in.

dungeon fighter solved the MMO problem by being an actual game and not just a skinner box

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Mak0rz posted:

I did and yes it is good, just be sure to get the music mod (you can find it on the guides section of its steam page) if the steam version wasn't updated with it already. The original midis are horrible horrible garbage.

Thank you and will do *rated 5*

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Incidentally, if you like Splinter Cell please find and play the ps2/xbox/gcn double agent because it owns

It's also on Steam, I bought it during the sale.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ekster posted:

It's also on Steam, I bought it during the sale.

no. the pc/360/ps3 one is awful. you didn't listen!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I really don't like Blacklist, it feels like the Hitman Absolution to Chaos Theory's Blood Money, so close to being fun but has things that just really drag it down and make it a pain in the rear end.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 21, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Accordion Man posted:

I really don't like Blacklist, it feels like the Hitman Absolution to Chaos Theory's Blood Money, so close to being fun but has things that just really drag it down and make it a pain in the rear end.

The ps2/gamecube Double Agent was made by the Chaos Theory team and uses the same engine. Sadly they had some inexperienced new team work on the HD version and it's awful.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blacklist does have a lot of not so great things dragging it down. Fisher controls like he's drunk and the FOV zooms like right in on him when you're sneaking, which are both very annoying. It also does that thing where there's a massive list of guns and gadgets and outfits that are only very slightly different from one another so they don't matter at all. And half the guns aren't silenced, in a stealth video game about a stealthy super spy where the goal is to be stealthy.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

effectual posted:

There's not a button that you click that magically makes your game run on a local system when it was specifically built to run on servers and stream data to the client PC. It's probably a huge undertaking that wouldn't be anywhere near worth the cost.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
it would be cool if there was an option to stream game fmv automatically from the internet to reduce download size and install footprint

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can confirm that CRYPT OF THE NECRODANCER is GOTY

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CJacobs posted:

Blacklist does have a lot of not so great things dragging it down. Fisher controls like he's drunk and the FOV zooms like right in on him when you're sneaking, which are both very annoying. It also does that thing where there's a massive list of guns and gadgets and outfits that are only very slightly different from one another so they don't matter at all. And half the guns aren't silenced, in a stealth video game about a stealthy super spy where the goal is to be stealthy.

I like Splinter Cell games but it has always been the absolute worst at having a combat system that you basically never, ever want to use.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Alain Post posted:

I like Splinter Cell games but it has always been the absolute worst at having a combat system that you basically never, ever want to use.

Fire your english teacher.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Letting you play it like a cover shooter and go entirely loud if you want to is, on the one hand, nice because it encourages players to try out different playstyles. On the other, it's a bit jarring to have Fisher talk about how he should remain undetected in full body armor and a riot gear night vision helmet while carrying 2 shotguns and a revolver. But then again, Fisher's character in Blacklist is godawful and so are all of the rest of the characters so maybe it doesn't matter. It was still a fun game, but boy was I disappointed after seeing the potential it held to not suck.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 22, 2015

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I have not enjoyed literally every single game that carries the tom clancy brand

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
If you don't like Rainbow Six or the first few Splinter Cells then :getout:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Adam Bowen posted:

If you don't like Rainbow Six or the first few Splinter Cells then :getout:

I remember rogue spear being kind of neat because it was the first game i ever saw like that, but thinking back on it the game sucks. i had a lot of fun watching my roommates play vegas and vegas 2 wrong in every way though

I never come close to playing every tom clancy game but all of them I have played were just unfun sorry

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

i remember liking graw a lot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Sin & Punishment is probably the best rail-shooter on the N64 second to Star Fox. Definitely the most insane one, which I very much appreciate.

I need to finish Mischief Makers.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

The Colonel posted:

Sin & Punishment is probably the best rail-shooter on the N64 second to Star Fox. Definitely the most insane one, which I very much appreciate.

You really should. It has one of my favorite-ever final bosses. You won't be disappointed.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

yes do it. do it for your father's sake

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

yes do it. do it for your father's shake shake

Fixed

cheese783
May 8, 2006
whoops
I've been playing so much Witcher 3 that the little piston thing on my chair broke and I keep sinking. Has anyone bought one of those fancy gaming chairs? Is it worth it? I spend a lot of time here on my butt so it seems like a good place to spend some bux.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just buy a comfortable office chair. It will have 100% less embarrassing branding on it.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

Just buy a comfortable office chair. It will have 100% less embarrassing branding on it.

And 200% less expensive

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
And just as comfortable, which is what is most important. The only reason gaming chairs exist is because they are guaranteed comfortable when bought over the internet because lovely chairs do exist, but you can save hundreds of dollars by instead just going outside to office depot where they have models you can sit in of every chair they have,.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

cheese783 posted:

Is [gamer-targeted/branded furniture] worth it?

If you have to ask this the answer is literally always no

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

But what about gamer-branded food items?
http://i.imgur.com/kdZ3k.png

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Motto posted:

But what about gamer-branded food items?
http://i.imgur.com/kdZ3k.png

those are actually great and always worth the money

you need only the best food products to fuel your gaming

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Played a bit of Chivalry tonight, after the most obscenely long download.

The improved graphics are good, but man it's the exact same game as Age of Chivalry back in the day and that's great. Nothing like going 5-0-3 in your first match because you played too much of the original in highschool.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Chivalry is great to mess around in, if only for the fact that it's so hilariously brutal. I'll cut off people's limbs in that game any day.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I only bought Valkyria Chronicles on the Steam sale this year. I feel like I should buy something else that's cheap + good. Probably Ground Zeroes. What else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I only bought Valkyria Chronicles on the Steam sale this year. I feel like I should buy something else that's cheap + good. Probably Ground Zeroes. What else

Depends what you'd like to play. Most of the Spiderweb Software RPGs are going for £2 at the moment and they're totally worth a punt if you don't mind the low-fi graphics. Good choice in GZ though, you should totally get that in preparation for Hideo Kojima's Swan Song Masterpiece

• Locked thread