Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

pokeyman posted:

Based on recent posting I'm guessing the thread's favourite level is Xenobalistes Xenophobia!

I'm so glad I'm on the winning team :smug:

(Sidenote: we need a Japanese Smug emoticon. Someone get on that, I'll buy it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Drastic Actions posted:

I'm so glad I'm on the winning team :smug:

(Sidenote: we need a Japanese Smug emoticon. Someone get on that, I'll buy it.)

We need :smugsquid:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's kind of sad to encounter players who never even try to fight unless their super is charged. You can just pop a single glob of paint at them and watch them Kraken up. Then they'll be gone again for a while, refilling their meter.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Takoluka posted:

We need :smugsquid:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

All answers can be found in Squid Girl.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Really love all the cool dudes in ranked who think they are loving rad snipers who hang back and never take the loving zone. They are really great.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

codenameFANGIO posted:

Really love all the cool dudes in ranked who think they are loving rad snipers who hang back and never take the loving zone. They are really great.

Thanks dude! we kick rear end from time to time

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

codenameFANGIO posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cm2iFmASBc

But squids.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068073

skyscraper is going to be ridiculous

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

I gotta be honest, I'm kind of hoping he doesn't release any stats on the new weapons or how Rainmaker works. I like the mystery and having the info drip fed.

Also 33 UNRELEASED WEAPONS

gently caress YEAH

quote:

Sploosh-o-matic - Squid Beakons & Killer Wail
Neo Sploosh-o-matic - Point Sensor & Kraken
Neo Splash-o-matic - Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
N-ZAP '89 - Sprinkler & Inkstrikes
Custom Dual Squelcher - Squid Beakon & Killer Wail
Luna Blaster - Ink Mines & Inkzooka
Luna Blaster Neo - Splat Bombs & Bomb Rush
Range Blaster - Splash Wall & Inkstrike
Custom Range Blaster - Splat Bombs & Kraken
Rapid Blaster Pro - Seekers & Inkzooka
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco - Disruptors & Killer Wail
L-3 Nozzlenose D - Burst Bombs & Kraken
H-3 Nozzlenose - Suction Bombs & Echolocator
H-3 Nozzlenose D - Point Sensor & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller - Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller Deco - Seekers & Bomb Rush
Inkbrush Nouveau - Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush - Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau - Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Strong01
Triple Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Diffusion01
Bomlobber
T_BigBall_Launcher01
E-liter 3K Scope
Custom E-liter 3K Scope
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Bamboozler 14 Mk II
T_Gatling_Standard00
T_Gatling_Standard01
T_Gatling_Hyper00
T_Gatling_Hyper01

Edit: Untranslated weapon descriptions. Google Translate doesn't know poo poo. Also, according to that guy's twitter, they also planned for S and S+ ranks in ranked.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 21, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hmm, do I want a Gatling HYPER or the BAMBOOZLER? :allears:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

link is dead. website is dead. sigh.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man video games were cooler before data mining was a thing

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I want to see how the hell they can make the Rapid Blaster Pro.

Help Im Alive posted:

The person mentioned on Twitter how they wanted to leave some things a secret, like Rainmaker.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 21, 2015

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Last night I fought a team on Bluefin that had two snipers. They intersected their sights across the zone and had it totally locked down for the whole match.

No matter whether they're good or bad, snipers are always the worst.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Anime Curator posted:

link is dead. website is dead. sigh.

less easy to read but here
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/with_replies

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I understand there are people who are supposed o be sniper dudes, I was talking more about the dudes who accomplish gently caress all and crowd together on the balcony and nobody kills anyone or takes poo poo and I am the only one trying to do either. Get off the BALCONY JESUS CHRIST ARGH RANKED MAKES ME SO MAD :mad: :argh:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thank you squid kid.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Just add a 2fort only mode, it should attract them so the rest of us can play in peace.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

For people totes slandering Cattes and Dogges itt

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

Also, according to that guy's twitter, they also planned for S and S+ ranks in ranked.
This fills me with dread and excitement at the same time :unsmigghh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Out of all the fan created images and such, the one thing this week I'm surprised never showed up was an animated gif of Judd tallying the likes and dislikes on the Federation Force trailer like it was the end of a ranked match.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

They leaked what Rainmaker is, don't look at the Neogaf post if you don't want to be spoiled.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I like that there is a lot of content that is timed released. It is going to keep the game fresh for months as opposed to everyone getting bored of it by the end of the summer.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Help Im Alive posted:

At this point I'm amazed when any game secrets stay secret for more than a couple weeks.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Astro7x posted:

I like that there is a lot of content that is timed released. It is going to keep the game fresh for months as opposed to everyone getting bored of it by the end of the summer.

But there's always going to be people wanting the content now. There's always going to more hunger.

At least it's not as bad as when Pokemon games get mined and some fans spend the next few months if not YEARS asking when the unrevealed Pokemon and/or areas that house those hidden 'mons will be officially revealed.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I realize that, but this is an online game that needs 7 other players to start a game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Looking at some of threads most people talking about this and "gettin' angry" are peeps I don't think are even playing/have played the game. Like there are certainly fellow Splatoon players voicing their opinions about it but there's a much larger section who seem to be mad about the fact that more people aren't mad about this, about the way the content is being brought out.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

N-Zap '89 sounds like everything I want out of a splattershot-type weapon. :allears: Will likely alternate between that and Hero Replica Splattershot.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
team dog reaps the benefits of this decryption with pride

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

I gotta be honest, I'm kind of hoping he doesn't release any stats on the new weapons or how Rainmaker works. I like the mystery and having the info drip fed.

Also 33 UNRELEASED WEAPONS

gently caress YEAH

Edit: Untranslated weapon descriptions. Google Translate doesn't know poo poo. Also, according to that guy's twitter, they also planned for S and S+ ranks in ranked.

An inkbrush with mines and bubbler
:captainpop:

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

N-Zap '89 sounds like everything I want out of a splattershot-type weapon. :allears: Will likely alternate between that and Hero Replica Splattershot.

I think the Hero Replica Splattershot is already out, but you need one of the Amiibo to unlock it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think he's saying that he uses the HRS now and will alternate between the NZ89 and the HRS when it drops.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
JESUS CHRIST. We should build a reflecting pool to memorialize how tragic everyone who I encountered this weekend is at Splat Zones. I was all proud of my B-, but noooo, fuckers feel the need to

-snipe without actually firing the gun at people or on enemy ink

-ink their own ink

-ink the other loving side of the map

-charge directly at the other team without firing

Please tell me there's match making for splat zones coming soon. I need a goon team. I don't think I can play on weekends any more, I can't be matched with Seven Year Old Timmy and Jim Bob Cool Snipe any more.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If you makes you feel any better, Seven Year Old Timmy and Jim Bob Cool Snipe will probably be playing throughout the entire week since school just got out.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Team Jim Bob Cool Snipe 4evr

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
New weapons, you say. Seekers and Bomb Rush, you say.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q01D5x4bu5U

If you have Stealth Jump and one minor Quick Super Jump you're faster than if you had nothing.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Holy crap I only just learned if you have beakons you can place three of them before one disappears. Here I had been placing a single one and thinking my work was done/that only one team mate could really benefit. Thanks Judd, literally the most useful in game tips ever put into a quick tip system, and with the good idea of having him also literally give you monetary tips for playing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just had a hot streak, suddenly a teammate named JIvjobly joined or something and he just stood on the spawn point and fired his rifle off never daring to leave. Not bad enough I kept getting a teammate as well who would somehow only get 200 on kelp dome.

Guy finally left and my streak was shattered and to top it off started winning again and got a connection error. This game sometimes.

• Locked thread