Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

if not arc 4 then vento aureo will cull the weak ones in terms of character designs

It's gonna cull me and I've read the whole series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
If people got through Stardust Crusaders and are still wondering why Joseph isn't the protagonist then I don't know what to say to them.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

"The protagonist isn't Joseph."
"Too much filler."
"Why all the focus on Koichi?"
"The protagonist isn't Joseph."
"Aqua Necklace feels like a retread of Geb."
"What a dumb haircut."
"Misogyny."
"Why is Joseph senile?"
"Why is Joseph not the protagonist?"
"I miss hamon."
"Did Araki forget his own time travel subplot?"

You're almost certainly right with all of these, but anyone who complains about Let's Go Eat Italian as 'filler' should be auto-banned.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

You're almost certainly right with all of these, but anyone who complains about Let's Go Eat Italian as 'filler' should be auto-banned.

I hope that some spaghetti makes their guts explode in real life if this ever happens.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I think a shitload of people are going to complain about the overall lack of focus through much of part 4. I love the part, but it's way more wandering and aimless than anything JoJo before it (and after it, mostly) and I can easily see people getting turned off by that and bailing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

hoobajoo posted:

Tonio is cool and awesome so gently caress anyone who does that.

He's also, I believe, the first time an "enemy" stand user isn't actually an enemy which is kind of an important thing anyway.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CodfishCartographer posted:

I think a shitload of people are going to complain about the overall lack of focus through much of part 4. I love the part, but it's way more wandering and aimless than anything JoJo before it (and after it, mostly) and I can easily see people getting turned off by that and bailing.

Good. We don't need them.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's gonna cull me and I've read the whole series

go back and read it with the new translation, it's seriously a lot better

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Fungah! posted:

go back and read it with the new translation, it's seriously a lot better

those amateur translators simply cannot capture the Jojo humor/charm imo

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Probably at least a little, but I think it will bother people less in anime form.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I'm pretty sure, once the anime hits that part, people are gonna ask over and over again "Why didn't Josuke just fix it". Including that button from Kira's suit. Not that it'd have made a difference, seeing how they ended up at the shop anyway...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Part 4 is great because the bad guy is about the same level of stupid as the protagonists. They have a battle of wits for half the arc and it only ends when one of them fucks up really badly.

Also this is like a page late but this is how King Crimson works.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Are there any good collections of JoJo gifs from the anime?

Specifically, I'm looking for one of DIO smashing that cat during Za Warudo's time stop in the next-to-last episode.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Are there any good collections of JoJo gifs from the anime?

Specifically, I'm looking for one of DIO smashing that cat during Za Warudo's time stop in the next-to-last episode.

I'm having the same problem finding decent ones too, hell I just want a hd wallpaper of dio doing his pose and looking back, the internet fails us.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

hoobajoo posted:

I've come across posts complaining about D'Arby the Gambler.

Tonio will determine who truly deserves Jojo.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm reading Part 5 for the first time. What is King Crimson's ability? He erases time? Does that mean he goes back in time a few seconds and that's how he can dodge all of Buccellati's attacks? That whole fight was completely incomprehensible to me.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I love how insanely mad King Crimson always looks. It is so mad about everything.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Fungah! posted:

two chapters of the new one came out last week
GOOD

Araki created the German boy before that guy was even born, just like that 911 panel.

Jojo is truly the autobiography of the ultimate creature.

Jeek fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 22, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Why does it seem like anime only peeps miss the whole point of JoJo? "thing doesn't make sense waaah" like no poo poo have you not been paying attention to anything?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It takes a while for the bizarre part of the title to become apparent, I suppose.

Parts 1 - 3 are pretty normal shonen plot-wise, barring some occasional weirdness.

Now when we get to things like spaghetti that melts your eyes, then we're getting into peak Jojo.

Edit:

I forgot how crazy Yukako was. :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 22, 2015

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Best King Crimson explanation:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
That KC is not nearly raging enough at existence.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
I want to start reading Stone Ocean and was wondering what translation this thread would recommend for the best reading experience.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isn't there just the one?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I think there's only the one, and it shifts groups partway through. Stone Ocean's translation is okay, it doesn't have the accuracy problems of Part 5 and it's certainly no Duwang for readability, the typesetting early on is just super awful if I remember right.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Be sure to read it in colour if you want to have any idea what the gently caress you're looking at. Even then it's hard sometimes.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Actually, however you read it, you will have no idea what the gently caress you're looking at. Enjoy! :D

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I got JoJo's coloured Adventure. I have no idea if it's good though, it's sitting there until I can get part 5

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i already have a theory about gappy's other half based on the picture of him and what information we have on how kira and his stand are in the jojolion universe, but i guess i'll wait until the translations come out to post it. it's some minor poo poo but it has to do with who all gappy's other half might be a combo of.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I just finished Part 5. It was kind of disappointing after Part 4. The final fight with Diavolo in particular was awful. Actually everything with Diavolo was awful. What a boring villain.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Actually, Diavolo is cool.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
jolyne whines about getting caught wanking in front of a guard?

lousy way to introduce a protagonist, araki....

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
gently caress you and get out

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Million Ghosts posted:

gently caress you and get out

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
also i love how nobody finds it even remotely humorous that theres a jojo arc that takes place in loving florida :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well it is a work of fiction, something fun taking place in Florida shouldn't be ruled out like it is in real life.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Race Realists posted:

also i love how nobody finds it even remotely humorous that theres a jojo arc that takes place in loving florida :v:

Plenty of bizarre things happen in Florida!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Plenty of bizarre things happen in Florida!

Oh, trust me dude

https://twitter.com/_floridaman

https://twitter.com/_flor1dawoman

I know

jolyne was mentioned nowhere in the Florida Woman twitter account. :colbert:

all shitposting aside I'm enjoying the first chapter so far, but CHRIST is the translation poo poo.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Diavolo is a lot of cool ideas poorly implemented in my opinion.

Doesn't help that his design never inspired much fear or awe in me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At least his stand design and RING RING RING RING are good as hell..