Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ariong posted:

There are a few tricks you can do. Rerollling an item in a Devil, Angel, or Secret room will generate an item from that room's pool. This even applies to items that weren't originally generated there, meaning that you can use a tarot card to generate a beggar or blood donation machine in said room, use it to get an item, and then reroll it into something from that pool. The 1up and Missingno. are in the Secret room item pool; Godhead and the Guardian Angel are in the Angel room pool. Don't forget to blow up the angel statue and get a key piece first so you can reroll that too.

Oh ok I didn't know any of that rerolling stuff, that should hopefully make finding them a little less painful- thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Finally beat satan with Isaac. I need help to win non op runs , only reason I got that one was crazy shot speed and both cricket items. I love how the game gets slowly harder as it goes on, if you unlock the polaroid and or the negative it replaces the boss room item you'd get from Moms Heart.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 17, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's just a matter of practice

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

As you play more you know which items are good and which ones to avoid. This helps you get more OP more often, and that helps you win too.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

As you play more you know which items are good and which ones to avoid. This helps you get more OP more often, and that helps you win too.

Just remember: once you've touched an item once, it's in your collection even if you reset, so if you see something like Soy Milk or Tiny Planet during a start, you can run over, touch it, reset, and then avoid them forever.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
Rebirth starts off very easy. Few floors, few alternate floors, lots of good items appearing every 2 steps like Goat Head, and few alternate bosses. Game scales pretty well the longer you play. Once you have 100% of the items unlocked, your chances of having an OP run (with or without D6) arguably diminish.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Sometimes you have a really hard-won victory where you have to fight for every ounce of ground you take.

This seed is not one of those runs. This is a seed where Eden starts with Godhead and D100.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

God loving dammit, I got Pyromaniac and Ipecac in one run and then just never got the Sharp Plug or Habit even though I used literally all of my rerolls and bought every store item on every floor when I ran out to decrease the pool. Seriously, game? Christ I hate you so much Super Meat boy/Bandage Girl.

edit: also Proptosis+Chocolate Milk+Ipecac is weird because when you charge the shot all the way, it doesn't seem capable of dealing damage to enemies. Like the hitbox for the tear is bigger than the explosion. Rapid fire is really good with Pyromaniac though, it's kinda like what you'd get with Soy Milk but you aren't sacrificing any damage.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 18, 2015

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Does anyone know if Eden starts with a random damage multiplier? It would make sense considering that the other stats are random, but since the damage multiplier is a hidden stat, it's hard to say for sure. I've noticed that on some Eden runs, picking up several high damage items does not result in the expected level of damage, making me suspect that I've started out with a damage multiplier lower than 1.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Panniculus Rift posted:

Does anyone know if Eden starts with a random damage multiplier? It would make sense considering that the other stats are random, but since the damage multiplier is a hidden stat, it's hard to say for sure. I've noticed that on some Eden runs, picking up several high damage items does not result in the expected level of damage, making me suspect that I've started out with a damage multiplier lower than 1.

It does seem like he starts with one. I've had one tick of damage doing more than two ticks of damage so that makes me think that the multiplier is random.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Vic Boss posted:

Really wish Brimstone worked with stuff like 20/20.

Pretty sure it does, actually. At the very least it works with Inner Eye and Mutant Spider.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

Just remember: once you've touched an item once, it's in your collection even if you reset, so if you see something like Soy Milk or Tiny Planet during a start, you can run over, touch it, reset, and then avoid them forever.

Or you could not be boring, and play the rest of the run out.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

senae posted:

Or you could not be boring, and play the rest of the run out.

Playing with tiny planet or soy milk is actually pretty boring.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

Playing with tiny planet or soy milk is actually pretty boring.

Tiny Planet sucks, can't believe a lot of people (myself included) were hyped for it when it was previewed. Soy Milk gets exciting with any big damage ups, especially becoming Guppy or getting Death's Touch.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
Soy Milk + lump of coal is actually pretty powerful.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

The first time I got Soy Milk, my shots literally became too weak to kill a Globin before it reformed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man the last item I need is Steven and the impression I'm getting is that he appears in the basement 1% of the time and drops Steven instead of Little Steven 0% of the time

Edit: Finally got it! Now to never play BoI ever again

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 18, 2015

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
My first run with Tiny Planet ended up with a huge vortex of black death-blobs sweeping rooms clean, so I can't be too hard on it.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Codiekitty posted:

The first time I got Soy Milk, my shots literally became too weak to kill a Globin before it reformed.

I had the same problem but turned on its head where in caves 1 where I got polyphemus and a tears down pill followed by a room with globins that would regenerate before I had the chance to shoot another tear. :mad:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

There is only one good item and it's The D4 and it should be used as often as possible. :colbert:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fire Safety Doug posted:

My first run with Tiny Planet ended up with a huge vortex of black death-blobs sweeping rooms clean, so I can't be too hard on it.

The thing about this is that, if you have enough damage and such that Tiny Planet can insta-clear a room, you should already be more than capable of doing so without it.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Maybe, but you won't look as stylish without it.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Maybe, but you won't look as stylish without it.

Yeah, the draw of Tiny Planet isn't that it's useful, it's that it looks cool.

Also I randomly turned into a generator and found Monster Manual in The Chest, so I finally got Bandage Girl unlocked, but didn't even get close to Meat Boy before I ran out of health, oh well. One of these days. :unsmith:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tonight I finally got Super Bandage Girl and Meat Boy down through use of an infinite reroll setup. :toot: Still need to find the Super Bandage, but I'm just glad that the RNG nightmare is over.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I am missing two items in order to get the Platinum God achievements (dead dove and godhead), but I sort of lost my will to play the game after those final Lost runs -and a few normal runs after that, trying to wash off the terrible aftertaste.

Is it possible to find those using seeds? Or do you have to come across them in a normal game?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AbstractNapper posted:

I am missing two items in order to get the Platinum God achievements (dead dove and godhead), but I sort of lost my will to play the game after those final Lost runs -and a few normal runs after that, trying to wash off the terrible aftertaste.

Is it possible to find those using seeds? Or do you have to come across them in a normal game?

You have to find them in a normal game. Do a breaking run and get on God Rooms. Reroll until they both appear.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I actually had super bandage counted on my item page before I had gotten bandage girl. D4/D100 rerolls did it, one or the other, I have no idea which. Either way, getting a bunch of items and using one of those dice to roll them into other items repeatedly is a good way to cycle through a lot of the more "common" items to get them on your item page. Only one I didn't get was Godhead, and I got that with lucky D6 rerolls as mentioned previously.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Playing as the Lost my first shop had a stopwatch and the very first devil room literally had guppy's collar, the dead cat and mom's knife. Looks like I unlocked Godhead finally.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

g0lbez posted:

Playing as the Lost my first shop had a stopwatch and the very first devil room literally had guppy's collar, the dead cat and mom's knife. Looks like I unlocked Godhead finally.

Did you write down that seed?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I was too drunk off potential Godhead unlocking to remember to write it down, sorry

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Hey just stopping by to point out that the Lost is worthless and even when you have a good run going the game will find a way to kick you in the balls ok seeya

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Are there more tips like this? It sounds like this would mean as the Lost you want to reroll a ton, touching every item you don't want in a run.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I think they are talking about adding it to your item collection, not that you get it and it gets taken out of the item pool forever.

RPG done in God Mode now. Bring on the expansion.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah picking up an item only removes it from the pool of your current game. If you reset and start another game, the item pool also resets. So even if you pick up Soy Milk and restart, there's still the possibility that that item is in your new seed's item pool.

All you can really do to make The Lost easier at the moment (besides downloading a mod or cheating) is to reset until you get something like the Holy Mantle in your first item room.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was only talking about the collection. If you want a smooth run with the Lost, you basically need to pray to the RNG gods and to sacrifice your firstborn and stuff in order to get that Holy Mantle/Dead Cat/Brimstone/Guppy combo.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Well it finally happened: Curse of the blind, monstro's lung in the treasure room, and then experimental treatment in the boss room. The literal worst possible case, I can think of no two items worse than those.

Does anyone watch nothernlion? He has some big streak going but whenever I start watching an episode he always gets good items fairly early on. Where's the lovely run where he has to make it through cathedral with no tear effects, a single dmg up, and a tears down pill?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
scum egg has insanely good luck, it's true. He rarely leaves the first floor without 15 coins and a row of spirit hearts.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I think Monstro's Lung is a decent item. The problem with it is that if you have a low tears stat, or if it's the first item you picked up, the charge time is too long to work with. Otherwise it's a pretty decent damage up and synergizes nicely with stuff like Chocolate Milk and IPECAC.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah picking up an item only removes it from the pool of your current game. If you reset and start another game, the item pool also resets. So even if you pick up Soy Milk and restart, there's still the possibility that that item is in your new seed's item pool.

All you can really do to make The Lost easier at the moment (besides downloading a mod or cheating) is to reset until you get something like the Holy Mantle in your first item room.

I was so excited until I started googling for information about how to game your collection and I stumbled across the 'collection grid'. Yeah, no fun.

I got so bored of endless rerolls with The Lost waiting for a dead cat that I've just started playing games. If the first item is crap I usually reroll but not until I'm pretty sure the run is going to be agonizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

So to fix the lost, he pretty much needs to start with the dead cat or the holy mantle, right? Even with the latter I usually get caught in some complete bullshit room and die.