Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Haha he writes a big manifesto on DRK and doesn't know the name of the second move in the enmity combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
while the server is down let's appreciate how rad ishgardian chocobo barding is

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Turned my little Hyur female into an Au Ra dragon man.

Better Lighting

Pretty pleased with the results

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Server is back up, but that's quite the queue!

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
Oof, 375 queue here.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

RossCo posted:

Server is back up
You liar.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Zanael posted:

You liar.

Really not, at 174 in the queue down from over 500.

That being said it may explode again once I get on, but the queue part of the server is certainly working! :-)

Edit: And am now on. So....yeah.

RossCo fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 21, 2015

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

RossCo posted:

Really not, at 174 in the queue down from over 500.

That being said it may explode again once I get on, but the queue part of the server is certainly working! :-)
I had a 2002 error the second before, apologies et cetera

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zanael posted:

You liar.

If you're getting 5006 errors, try connecting to a Japan Data Center, back out, and then connect to Primal.

Of course now I'm waiting a queue 240 deep.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Guess I'll take this downtime to bitch about Mechanist a little bit. I really want to like this class. I love the idea and aesthetics of it, but there are some things that are really irking me about it.

First of all, having RNG in your 123 combo is just about the most annoying thing in the world, and not just any RNG, it's an actual 50% coin toss so you can't make any assumptions, which means you ALWAYS have to be looking at your stupid bar. Yes obviously the ammunition system is there to make it 100%, I just wish it was always 100% and ammunition did something different. Speaking of ammunition, why the hell do all GCD actions use ammunition when only 2 actually do anything with it? Yes it increases the move's potency by 20, whoopdeedoo.

Also, what the hell is up with all the 5% modifiers? That's such a troll thing to add, like yeah it's efficient to keep it up, but really? Is 10% too much to ask?

That being said, I'm still gonna stick with it until 52 and try to see the big picture and how the gauss barrel affects things.

Honestly the only thing that aggravates me is the rng in the 123, I can live with everything else. When I switch back to warrior, everything is just so clean.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

flosofl posted:

If you're getting 5006 errors, try connecting to a Japan Data Center, back out, and then connect to Primal.

Wow, it worked, thanks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
don't use GCD actions on anything but the combo while you have ammo up. It's pretty simple.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

flosofl posted:

a potentially easier solution is also to flush your DNS cache by going to your command prompt and typing in this sort of..hm...how to describe it...it's sort of like a "pass code" (command) for your "game genie" (computer)

ipconfig /flushdns

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
Ravana EX down. Great fight but it's pretty buggy

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Chyea posted:

does his cleaves break the walls quicker (one or two hits as opposed to fourish)?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chyea posted:

Jesus Christ almost 12k hp on your monk. :eyepop:

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
So I mentioned the other day that I kinda wanted to race change my Hyur but didn't know if I should pull the trigger on it. Well..

I like the way he turned out. :shobon:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Chyea posted:

:iiapun:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Malloreon posted:

Story Chrysalis with the DF loving sucks.

:agreed: It was my first experience with pubbies just being really incredibly, hopelessly loving terrible at the game. And I did story Garuda with DF :stonk:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
People seem to universally dislike a lot of the new abilities or class mechanics.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Minrad posted:

People seem to universally dislike a lot of the new abilities or class mechanics.

Sorry, but ASTs are unquestionably rad in every area.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Minrad posted:

The only thing I dislike about MCH is the RNG on your 123 combo. I like just about everything else, and even changing the % to like 55 or 60 would go a long way to making me feel better about the class. I may get to 50 today on it and park it for a bit and play my WHM or NIN to 60 first, I dunno.

Tildryn
Mar 18, 2009

Minrad posted:

I'm not a fan of the MCH RNG, but I also think the BLM Fire IV animation is pretty lame/boring/beige. It's less evocative than the Fire I animation, since it's just your dude kind of shaking their hands in the air like they're fondling some air boobs.

Also I had everything neatly packaged into my hotbars and all these new abilities I can't fit in oh god too many buttons.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Sorry, but ASTs are unquestionably rad in every area.

Someone hasn't started on solo MSQ duties yet, thinking those kind of things.

I just almost timed out on a duty because of how pathetically little DPS I could put out as an AST. I won purely because I got lucky and drew multiple Balances and Arrows.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Minrad posted:

drk owns bones sorry.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

a cat on an apple posted:

Someone hasn't started on solo MSQ duties yet, thinking those kind of things.

I just almost timed out on a duty because of how pathetically little DPS I could put out as an AST. I won purely because I got lucky and drew multiple Balances and Arrows.

:gitgud:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Minrad posted:

Warrior is amazing and after the initial dissapointment that a lot of your new skills are Deliverance copies of Defiance ones, I am finding out how just how amazing and "game changing" Deliverance is the more I play.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Don't apologize to me, Assize and Asylum rule, WHM rules.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Boten Anna posted:

Warrior is amazing and after the initial dissapointment that a lot of your new skills are Deliverance copies of Defiance ones, I am finding out how just how amazing and "game changing" Deliverance is the more I play.

Rev up your Fell Cleave button, the age of Abyssea is returned! :black101:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Shaezerus posted:

Rev up your Fell Cleave button, the age of Abyssea is returned! :black101:

Aligning things just right to double fell cleave on something with storm's eye debuff while maimed and berserked (all while not losing aggro somewhere :v:) is goddamned amazing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Minrad posted:

I've not gotten Five IV to see how awful or not it is. I'm not excited about it, and largely what has me on blm is the momentum of holy poo poo the story is good. Leylines at least is pretty fun, and worth it, it's nice to have a powerful ability on a decent cooldown/uptime. I'm actually excited to push that than Raging Strikes which if it wasn't for trying to min/max I'd forget existed.

I will say one thing, at least Enochian is a 60s cooldown 30s uptime without loving around with Blizzard IV so...it's easy enough to keep up.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 21, 2015

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Minrad posted:

It seems to be mostly bard players, and it's pretty obvious why. You spend 51 levels getting used to playing one way, then you're suddenly expected to park in one spot like a caster?

I haven't played around enough to join the "Yoship ruined bard forever" hate party just yet, but from what I have played, I just plain don't like the Minuet. It runs counter to everything I enjoy about bard.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Nipponophile posted:

It seems to be mostly bard players, and it's pretty obvious why. You spend 51 levels getting used to playing one way, then you're suddenly expected to park in one spot like a caster?

I haven't played around enough to join the "Yoship ruined bard forever" hate party just yet, but from what I have played, I just plain don't like the Minuet. It runs counter to everything I enjoy about bard.

The problem for me isn't so much the lack of mobility, its the fact that everything pre-52 is about sliding in off-gcd's between your attacks. With minuet you're still expected to do that, except now you can at best, fit a single o-GCD in without clipping your GCD. It's just a huge pain in the rear end, and not fun at all; not to mention the bugs and latency issues it brings in.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Considering how you could play all the professions on one character, is there any real benefit to running more dudes other than the admittedly very important reason of having different looks/race?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

pandaK posted:

Considering how you could play all the professions on one character, is there any real benefit to running more dudes other than the admittedly very important reason of having different looks/race?
None whatsoever. Maybe if you were obsessed with playing the market you might want more retainers, but either way you would end up paying extra money either to give you more than one character, or extra retainers on your first character.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
After playing with Gauss Barrel/Round a bit on MCH... It's neat, but I think ultimately I'm going to go level WAR or DRG now. Not just because of Gauss, but I hate having more abilities to use off-GCD than I do on-GCD. Getting off a full Wildfire combo feels amazing, but my eyes are burning a hole in my hotbars without Ammunition up, and I have to weave 6 (7 when I'd hit 58) buffs off GCD in between my normal attacks with Wildfire up to maximize damage. It's way more buttons to press and fast paced than other classes, but I think I prefer the long rotations with different 1-2-3 combos DRG and WAR have.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

pandaK posted:

As said before, nope. It makes the starter plan a really great deal unless you prefer paying by time card or in large chunks.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Haha he writes a big manifesto on DRK and doesn't know the name of the second move in the enmity combo.

He's kinda right about a lot of it as far as I can see, though. I'm enjoying DRK and all but a lot of the abilities have WAR or PLD equivilants that are just flat-out better. Like, Shadow Wall is 30% damage reduction for 10 seconds in a 180 second cooldown. Compare that to Vengenace, which is 30% damage reduction for 15 seconds on a 120 second cooldown, plus free counterattacks. Reprisal is a counter that can only be used after parrying, and lowers enemy damage by 10% for 20 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown.Meanwhile, Storm's Path is a standard combo attack with no cooldown that lowers enemy damage by 10% and can be kept up all the time. I don't even know what Dark Passenger is supposed to be for, it's a conal attack on a 30 second cooldown with a hefty MP cost and...nothing else. No enmity bonus, just a 150 potency attack.

I'm hoping it'll change at higher levels with more abilities, but for now it just seems kind of mediocre in a game where the other tank classes are really, really good.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Mr. Vile posted:

I don't even know what Dark Passenger is supposed to be for, it's a conal attack on a 30 second cooldown with a hefty MP cost and...nothing else. No enmity bonus, just a 150 potency attack.

come back after you hit level 45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

bonewitch posted:

The problem for me isn't so much the lack of mobility, its the fact that everything pre-52 is about sliding in off-gcd's between your attacks. With minuet you're still expected to do that, except now you can at best, fit a single o-GCD in without clipping your GCD. It's just a huge pain in the rear end, and not fun at all; not to mention the bugs and latency issues it brings in.

So really they just made it so everyone has to feel a ninja's pain.

• Locked thread