Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Two Finger posted:

legit thought this was going to be the guy smashing the villager's head in with his gun

You haven't seen Full Metal Jacket? Christ, start there. And knock out Apocalypse Now if you haven't seen that either. Gee whiz fella.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Tropic Thunder count as a war flick? because if so you're all forgetting the single best comedy post 2000

It was going to be my third, but yeah I didn't know if it counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

Apocalypse Now

Director's Cut. Fast forward through the French plantation scenes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
My in-laws have this in their bathroom. I laugh at it every time I go in.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

both ended up unconscious in the hospital so it didn't get solved. :allears:

sounds like a problem that solved itself

Also the acquisitions guys in the program I'm on reference Pentagon Wars on a weekly if not daily basis. Usually in reference to the latest idiocy the Program Office is pushing: "hey, doesn't this remind you of that scene in Pentagon Wars when..."

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lol

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Whomever it was that suggested Pentagon Wars, thank you. Watching it right now and I'm dying laughing.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I'm a bastard.

same

also my stepdad is stepdead. and he was a total douche so rot in piss

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Dad Chat. Sit on couch. Drink beer. Watch golf.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Victor Vermis posted:

You haven't seen Full Metal Jacket? Christ, start there. And knock out Apocalypse Now if you haven't seen that either. Gee whiz fella.

of course i have, i was referring to the scene in platoon where some villager is grinning at one of the soldiers so he just knocks him down and smashes his brains out with the butt of his gun

FMJ owns, AN owns, ride of the valkyries

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2NGJ4v-vG0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

anyone use powerline ethernet adaptors these days? trying to figure out how to make an office in the new garage and outside of running 100 ft of conduit and cable out to it it may be a better option. I've heard that it's gotten a lot better in the past few years, just curious if anyone used it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iyaayas01 posted:

sounds like a problem that solved itself

Pretty sure it's actually a problem that never existed. Like most of this guy's claims.

Father's Day: C-
Didn't see the kid (he's at some camp thing this weekend), troubleshot an automated sprinkler system, replacing two 35+ year old solenoids and a 15 year old controller. If you find yourself in need of one, Rain Bird's current line is a piece of cake. If I didn't have to gently caress with digging out wires from in the walls, I'd have had it installed, connected, and programmed in about 15 minutes total.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Father's Day: C-
Didn't see the kid (he's at some camp thing this weekend), troubleshot an automated sprinkler system, replacing two 35+ year old solenoids and a 15 year old controller. If you find yourself in need of one, Rain Bird's current line is a piece of cake. If I didn't have to gently caress with digging out wires from in the walls, I'd have had it installed, connected, and programmed in about 15 minutes total.

at least you got stuff done. we basically recovered from moving all the furniture out of the condo yesterday and went over my mom's house. sisters spent most of the time alternating between crying and laughing about my dad.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Forgot the best war movie

http://youtu.be/Bk1Zw1ln3C4

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone use powerline ethernet adaptors these days? trying to figure out how to make an office in the new garage and outside of running 100 ft of conduit and cable out to it it may be a better option. I've heard that it's gotten a lot better in the past few years, just curious if anyone used it.

I have a friend that uses them and is really happy with it. I haven't tried them personally, but thought about using them in my house instead of wifi.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

First Father's Day since my dad died this spring, just glad it's over in 14 minutes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Arishtat posted:

First Father's Day since my dad died this spring, just glad it's over in 14 minutes.

same

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Delizin posted:

I have a friend that uses them and is really happy with it. I haven't tried them personally, but thought about using them in my house instead of wifi.

the house im moving to is hella old (1845) and has plaster walls, which destroy wifi signal. So I may be using them to improve the signal upstairs as well.

hopefully it works well with the wiring there, because I really don't want to have to dig a trench that long.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Arishtat posted:

I feel the same way about mothers day 10 years later.

The commercials are the worst "AT&T wants to remind you to call your mom today!" gently caress you at&t shut the gently caress up

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the house im moving to is hella old (1845) and has plaster walls, which destroy wifi signal. So I may be using them to improve the signal upstairs as well.

hopefully it works well with the wiring there, because I really don't want to have to dig a trench that long.

i hope you enjoy your upcoming haunting

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Ballers, that new show with the rock, is real good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i hope you enjoy your upcoming haunting

one step closer to realizing my dream of getting a ghostjob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43wE6j_0Bc8

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

GiP background plz

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booblord Zagats posted:

GiP background plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs_TZFjbJ8

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Haven't seen this get posted yet, seems like something the thread would be interested in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4PCI0NamI

Features Matt Damon as a not-evil astronaut

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
The new season of true detective started tonight

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Arishtat posted:

This was probably my last father's day, the way things are going. :smith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

the pentagon wars was both hilarious and depressing

the scene near the beginning with the door absolutely killed me

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

So it turns out this glass/wiry-plunger-thing my MIA roommate had sitting on the kitchen counter forever is a french press. So I googled "how to french press" (:quagmire:), bought some coffee beans and tried my hand at it.
Used too much of the ground beans, ended up making jet fuel, ran through wall, eyeballed the next.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Realtalk: This is pretty cool and I recall someone in here saying something about making their own iced coffee, what was that recipe again?
Kinda want to take some along to class for an early morning fix, but I don't feel like shelling out 2.85 or something at Starbucks like everyone else.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Realtalk: This is pretty cool and I recall someone in here saying something about making their own iced coffee, what was that recipe again?
Kinda want to take some along to class for an early morning fix, but I don't feel like shelling out 2.85 or something at Starbucks like everyone else.

That was me. Iced coffee or cold brew? I also have a good ice tea recipe.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That was me. Iced coffee or cold brew? I also have a good ice tea recipe.

I was mainly interested in iced coffee, but I'll gladly take anything I can do with this new toy here.

re: iced coffee
pretty much something I can brew up before hitting the hay, put in the fridge overnight and then take to class at 6am the next morning without it going bitter or whatever coffee sitting around does, I know fuckall about coffee basically

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 23, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I was mainly interested in iced coffee, but I'll gladly take anything I can do with this new toy here.

re: iced coffee
pretty much something I can brew up before hitting the hay, put in the fridge overnight and then take to class at 6am the next morning without it going bitter or whatever coffee sitting around does, I know fuckall about coffee basically

You're in luck, with that french press you can do the easiest method for cold brewing. Fill the press with cold water and coffee in a 4:1 ratio. Let that sit in the fridge for 12 hours, push down the plunger, and pour. The important thing is to use cold water- gives a less bitter taste than hot brew. You can also reduce the bitterness by not firmly pressing the grounds at the end of your plunging.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Welp 4 hours toll Batman unlocks. I'm gonna go kill time by seeing Bad Religion play.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

Welp 4 hours toll Batman unlocks. I'm gonna go kill time by seeing Bad Religion play.

Holy gently caress that would be an awesome show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBbRSq4W_1o

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

OH poo poo.

Pennywise is coming to honolulu in August :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7H2rFMqJdY

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This is punk rock monday now.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwr7gTXtUw

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Holy gently caress that would be an awesome show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBbRSq4W_1o

They're great live. This will be my second time seeing them. Tonight's show is at a small venue. Last time I saw them it was at a festival, so this will be a nice departure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

This is punk rock monday now.

lol

• Locked thread