Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks, those looks great especially the frozen DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Just in case you missed them, like I did, raiders can and will just run straight past your defenders into other rooms, so one of them might have slipped by while you were watching the front door.

Or maybe it's a weird bug. Haven't seen anything like that since I missed the ones who beelined to my diner and murdered half the vault.

Nah, the raiders were still in the same room, which is why it was so weird. After I killed all three, a fourth one popped out of nowhere in the furthest room of my vault and got punched to death by the angry goon who lives in it.

Also Fallout Shelter doesn't allow incest. There go my crazy eugenics plans.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What I did that you may want to try is add Vurt's Flora Overhaul as suggested, and then install a whole bunch of winter texture packs and Nevada Skies: Winter Edition. Running through the frozen DC ruins is incredibly thematic, and really suites the setting.

This looks awesome. Patrolling the Mojave desert made me pray for a nuclear winter. :D

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When I said that Fallout 5 would be Sims 4, that was not hyperbole. In keeping with the general narrative of "life rebuilds" and T. Howard's "time only moves in one direction (and it's forward)" dogma, subsequent Fallout games can only resemble an increasingly domesticated wasteland. So you start with the first Fallout game (Fallout 3), which is an irradiated green hellscape where NPCs suck condensation off of toilet seats and Raiders eat old building insulation to assuage crippling pica. Then you've got New Vegas: The green subsides to a rusty brown (the dust is no longer radioactive) as civilization rebuilds with corn and concrete and the player assists factions wrestling for the future of society. Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter take this theme one step further, with entire swaths of the game dedicated to literally building and managing towns. Tens of hours will be spent scavenging scrap, pounding hammers to level up, and snatching perks that focus on things like "NPCs in town will be happier (production +10%)" and "Unlock Level [X] Merchants and Doctors".

Fallout 5 will return to the isometric perspective--something that will reduce the NMA community's groveling. That is, until T. Howard storms on stage and reveals that the game will use the same engine as the Sims 4. In fact, it will be the Sims 4, with a focus on managing the homes, interpersonal relationships, and careers of wastelanders. With a smarmy grin, T. Howard looks straight at the camera and says it will take place in the year 2345.

The sequel, Fallout: Wasteland Overseer will basically be a carbon copy of a Tycoon game that takes place in the year 2377--the same year that the Vault 101 PA System claims the US will be habitable again.

you are a good poster

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you guys are really mad about the settlement thing, huh?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Moridin920 posted:

you guys are really mad about the settlement thing, huh?

Apparently your equipment will be tied to it. There are screenshots and poo poo of weapon mods requiring you to be X rank in your settlement to use them, so it's not like you can just straight up ignore it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

....yeah?

Each Bethesda RPG has included improvements and changes from the past one, unless you think Morrowind and Skyrim are identical except for graphics. Why's there this assumption that every time a game gets released, it's going to be the same one as the last with a new coat of paint even as each one is noticeably different? We've already seen a ton of added complexity over New Vegas with the crafting, settlement building, and armor system.

Actually Bethesda games become less complex over time not more. Look at the evolution of the spell/potion/magic item crafting system from Daggerfall to Skyrim, in each game the crafting gets simpler. In Skyrim the spell system doesn't even allow you to make your own spells any more, and the magic item system lets you pick 2 of a very limited number of effects. The potion system is restricted to only 3 ingredients, and there are less of them with fewer effects.

From Bethesdas past behavior I am going to guess that Fallout 4 has fewer RPG elements, and be more of an action shooter. I expect there will be no levels or skills, only perks that you can buy. The dialog system will be much simpler, without speech or stat checks in order to accommodate the spoken player dialog and standardized personality.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The settlement building is cool but the voiced protagonist sucks poo poo!!!!!!!

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

....yeah?

Each Bethesda RPG has included improvements and changes from the past one, unless you think Morrowind and Skyrim are identical except for graphics. Why's there this assumption that every time a game gets released, it's going to be the same one as the last with a new coat of paint even as each one is noticeably different? We've already seen a ton of added complexity over New Vegas with the crafting, settlement building, and armor system.

New Vegas was an Obsidian RPG published by Bethesda, not a Bethesda RPG.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When I said that Fallout 5 would be Sims 4, that was not hyperbole. In keeping with the general narrative of "life rebuilds" and T. Howard's "time only moves in one direction (and it's forward)" dogma, subsequent Fallout games can only resemble an increasingly domesticated wasteland. So you start with the first Fallout game (Fallout 3), which is an irradiated green hellscape where NPCs suck condensation off of toilet seats and Raiders eat old building insulation to assuage crippling pica. Then you've got New Vegas: The green subsides to a rusty brown (the dust is no longer radioactive) as civilization rebuilds with corn and concrete and the player assists factions wrestling for the future of society. Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter take this theme one step further, with entire swaths of the game dedicated to literally building and managing towns. Tens of hours will be spent scavenging scrap, pounding hammers to level up, and snatching perks that focus on things like "NPCs in town will be happier (production +10%)" and "Unlock Level [X] Merchants and Doctors".

Fallout 5 will return to the isometric perspective--something that will reduce the NMA community's groveling. That is, until T. Howard storms on stage and reveals that the game will use the same engine as the Sims 4. In fact, it will be the Sims 4, with a focus on managing the homes, interpersonal relationships, and careers of wastelanders. With a smarmy grin, T. Howard looks straight at the camera and says it will take place in the year 2345.

The sequel, Fallout: Wasteland Overseer will basically be a carbon copy of a Tycoon game that takes place in the year 2377--the same year that the Vault 101 PA System claims the US will be habitable again.

I wonder if they have been discussing something like this behind the scenes. Not as a 'hey let's make Fallout Sims' but if they have thought about how they might halt societal progress again. Perhaps another large-scale cataclysmic event to keep the feel of the wasteland in future games. I think they hosed themselves a bit with the time line they used, as I've read a number of people say that the actual fallout/radiation shouldn't have lasted this long. Then again, I'm not a nuclear/environmental scientist and I know the in-game science is a bit fudged.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

The settlement building is cool but the voiced protagonist sucks poo poo!!!!!!!

The female Vault Dweller is going to be voiced by the same woman who did Moira in Fallout 3, doing the exact same voice

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Moira was loving great I don't see the problem

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Apparently your equipment will be tied to it. There are screenshots and poo poo of weapon mods requiring you to be X rank in your settlement to use them, so it's not like you can just straight up ignore it.

That's not true. Those rank things on the side are a perk prerequisite. The settlement stuff will be completely optional.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Flaky posted:

Moira was loving great I don't see the problem

:agreed:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sole Survivor posted:

That's not true. Those rank things on the side are a perk prerequisite. The settlement stuff will be completely optional.
If it will be someone could just get the mod that removes those reqs from your underslung Fat Man.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bethesda, let me fulfill my fantasy of playing a 10 Cha barter guy by setting up a roadside market that eventually becomes a town.

BY LOW, SELL HIGH

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Let me tell you a little about my Vault 388. Proof that Sims Fallout is already here.

I chucked Dad in a gym for a couple of days and gave him a Tunnel Snake outfit (mid-life crisis), equipped him with a missile launcher and half of my medical stores, and unleashed him on the wasteland. First minute out, he patched up a fugitive slave's shotgun wound. He looks so happy. :3:

I also have three pregnant women getting drunk at the bar. It's okay, though - the radium in a Rum 'n Nuka probably takes care of the harmful effects of alcohol because science. I'd say they need the booze too; somehow, Harkness is the father.

He looks so happy.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Are there going to be radscorpions in this game??

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Bethesda, let me fulfill my fantasy of playing a 10 Cha barter guy by setting up a roadside market that eventually becomes a town.

BY LOW, SELL HIGH

So in other words roleplay as Resident Evil 4's merchant guy?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Is it really so much to ask?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I only was able to read back a page and a half before throwing up in my mouth a little.

I'm pretty sure there are some hints about FO4 in Fallout Shelter. There are a bunch of rare named dwellers you can get with professor outfit and "nobility outfit". Considering that all the other named dwellers come from FO3, it seems unlikely they'd just randomly make the rest up. George Johnson, Samuel Wright, Scott Snow, Sandra Phillips, plus some others that got mixed in already.

Now back to your endless petulant whining about your ruined fanfictions and OCs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Oh my god yes!
Isn't there an anime game that lets you do that? I didn't try it because anime.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna guess that only a certain subset of mods approved by Bethesda will make it to consoles. It'll likely mean never getting to experience firsthand the ability to rape Sonic the hedgehog but it's something us gay console babies will have to learn to live with.

I can only imagine the internet outrage over not being able to install rape everything mods or everyone gets a gigantic penis mods. I probably should stock up on popcorn starting now in anticipation.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Inzombiac posted:

Oh my god yes!
Isn't there an anime game that lets you do that? I didn't try it because anime.

Recettear and gently caress you

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

"gently caress it. If we're using the dialogue wheel from Dragon Age 2, we might as well use the gore effects too."

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Recettear is a good game which you can probably get on sale right now.

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I can't really tell how sarcastic you are being here, but I would un-ironically play this game for hours and hours and hours.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

Oh cool so there's actually equipment that you can unlock if you decide to do the completely optional thing. How terrible. "If I want to get 100% every item in the game I have to do an optional side activity." :qq:

Also frame by frame analysis of announcement poo poo is retarded especially for graphical effect stuff because not only can it change but you assume poo poo from nothing and end up with erroneous conclusions.

Sole Survivor posted:

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 22, 2015

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

PervertedLogic posted:

I can't really tell how sarcastic you are being here, but I would un-ironically play this game for hours and hours and hours.

This game basically exists in short form and it's making a million dollars a day

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The truth is that at worst, Fallout Shelter was going to end up as a loss leader for the FO4 hype train. Its purpose wasn't to succeed as a standalone, but it wasn't gonna hurt if it did.

If you think the bitching here is immature, here's a treat from LoversLab.

PervertedLogic
Aug 14, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

This game basically exists in short form and it's making a million dollars a day

Nooooooooo. I need to look like civilization or something to feed my video game nostalgia fetish. Oh Fallout Tycoon where are you?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

First having a voice, then being responsible parent and now that you can build a town.

TAKING BETS, What will be the next thing that will make Fallout 4 the worst?!

Complaining about having less numbers to grind, doesn't count.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I hope that raider got back up and then went into a neutral state as just a pile of gore with his eyeballs peeping out of his meatskull.

Ahhh, feels good to be home :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Deviations posted:

quote:

All our sex mods here are going to have to start on "used up"

:stonklol:

Daikon
Apr 22, 2009

The Deviations posted:

The truth is that at worst, Fallout Shelter was going to end up as a loss leader for the FO4 hype train. Its purpose wasn't to succeed as a standalone, but it wasn't gonna hurt if it did.

The internet is full of whiny cunts.

I understand being upset about a game that was hyped and then didn't deliver. Totally understandable, but it seems to me like the game hasn't even come out yet. They are offended by the female character's extremely anodyne back story, because she has a blown out vagina or something? It's the miracle of life man!

Daikon
Apr 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

First having a voice, then being responsible parent and now that you can build a town.

TAKING BETS, What will be the next thing that will make Fallout 4 the worst?!

Complaining about having less numbers to grind, doesn't count.

I'm going to pitch a fit that the game was announced 5 months before release. We have to wait 5 months for it to come out! These publishers are getting completely out of control!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

King Vidiot posted:

I hope that raider got back up and then went into a neutral state as just a pile of gore with his eyeballs peeping out of his meatskull.

Ahhh, feels good to be home :allears:

What, like this?

a fun bug that looks like it'll be returning. I used to have one of a Super Mutant head just floating in an alley way from FO3, it's on another PC somewhere though.

And other things that will make FO4 the worst? Subways are back:

Also my dad's uncle's brother, who works at Ubisoft - which is buying Zenimax next week - confirmed you will need to do a long fetch quest to fix the trains or you won't be able to get around Boston. To help with immersion, you also cannot fast travel and must ride around on the trains in real time.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Daikon posted:

I understand being upset about a game that was hyped and then didn't deliver. Totally understandable, but it seems to me like the game hasn't even come out yet. They are offended by the female character's extremely anodyne back story, because she has a blown out vagina or something? It's the miracle of life man!

From what I remember in one of the past creepy internet people threads, it's the belief that after a woman's had a child, she's all stretched out and ruined if you're into tightness. God..just typing that creeped me out.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Deviations posted:

What really gets me is that "old" =24-28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Daikon posted:

The only real complaint about that whole thing I've been personally exposed to was my friend, who is a lesbian, was disappointed the female character's sexuality is defined by the game rather than left up to the player. But it wasn't utter outrage, it was just "eh, I don't like that but whatever." Seemed reasonable to me, unlike that picture.

• Locked thread