Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Hmm, well, RIP. Sorry Hefe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
welp

That was lovely though

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
loving venezuela can't defend

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Great assist from willian

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Ray Hudson ruins games

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I think this proves once and for all that Robinho > Neymar

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hate it when teams go through not because they were good but because someone else was worse (hell, in Venezuela's case it's more unlucky than worse)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Vamos!

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Nice 2-1

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
come on commie colombians

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Game on.
:edit:
Also, nice meltdown.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

brazil are mentally fragile in every game

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
that cross was so close, drat

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

fuuuuuuuck that was so close

Sorry Hefe, but you should be proud of your boys anyway, good show.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
*in el hefe's voice*
Tactics is what win you a game. Knowing WHERE to play a player WHEN!!!!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
We got the toughest group

Still beating Colombia was nice

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Argentina Vs Colombia
Brazil Vs Paraguay
Uruguay Vs Chile
Peru Vs Bolivia

Real nice quarters line up

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
jeah can't wait to watch the classic peru-bolivia match

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Final will be Chile - Argentina imo

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
So is Neymar out 4 or 3?

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Colombia vs Argentina will be a intense game with two teams that are really bad at scoring but have solid defenses.

Colombia always plays top notch football against Argentina. They really hate them.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chile Uruguay will own

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Cuadrado will be sent off because refs won't ignore his sneaky kicks and punches if he does them against Argentina. James will have another cry and maybe elbow someone again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
now that Venezuela are out I can safely say that this is a poo poo tournament for idiots and I don't care who wins it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

PerpetualSelf posted:

Colombia vs Argentina will be a intense game with two teams that are really bad at scoring but have solid defenses.

Colombia always plays top notch football against Argentina. They really hate them.

Could I get some tactical analysis for these games?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Could I get some tactical analysis for these games?

Man try kick ball into net
Man fail

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Insurrectionist posted:

Man try kick ball into net
Man fail

Nice meltdown

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Drogadon posted:

Final will be Chile - Argentina imo

I love that Argentina topped their group and still got the hardest fixture

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Drogadon posted:

Cuadrado will be sent off because refs won't ignore his sneaky kicks and punches if he does them against Argentina. James will have another cry and maybe elbow someone again.

LOL if you think Argentina isn't the king of dirty play.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Because a team is 11 players not 9 or 8?

Only 3 of Colombia's current team start for their club. 4 today because Arias played instead of Zuniga.

You guys really don't know loving football. You can't analyze matches tactically at all. Colombia was all over Peru until Valencia got injured because we had a functional midfielder who can actually pass the Ball.

--------------------Ospina----------------
Arias---Zapata--Murillo--Armero
----------Sanchez--Valencia--------
Cuadrado-------------------James
----------------Falcao--Teo-----------

How the gently caress does the ball get to the wingers, much less the loving forwards if the two midfielders can't pass a ball forward? Mejia certainly loving can't. Pekerman knew he had problems with this position for over a loving YEAR and FLAT OUT REFUSED to try and find another player. Abel Aguilar injured right before the tournament and we have NO MIDFIELDERS meaning NO ONE TO PASS THE BALL FORWARD FROM THE DEFENSE. Which naturally means HOOFBALL AND PRAY.

And it was poo poo.

Learn loving a thing or two about loving tactics you manchild instead of posting in a forum like you think you understand the god drat sport. Having 11 good players (And they're not 11 good players because Falcao, Cuadrado, Valencia, Sanchez, Armero, Zapata and Murillo have all started a total of 3-4 matches each in the past 3 months. ) means jack loving all poo poo. Tactics is what win you a game. Knowing WHERE to play a player WHEN.

Pekerman hosed up. He played too many players only because they were good in the world cup and didn't give chances to new young talent who are actually starting for their teams like Jose Izquierdo, Felipe Pardo, Freddy Montero, Daniel Torres, Carlos Carbonero, Freddy Hinestroza, or Sebastian Perez.

Still this wasn't THAT BAD because last tournament we LOST during this match. Our defense looked good. Murillo is only 22 and getting good experience against some of the best strikers in the world. Unfortunately just like the World Cup our team is not in the best form right now for this tournament.

BRAVO. I've been thinking this for years but never been able to put it into words, but sir, you just hit the NAIL on the loving HEAD. Great post, and I pretty much agree with all of it 100%. Don't let the rest of these failtards, who wouldn't know a football if it HIT them on their loving fat FACES, bring you down to their level. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Brazil's tactics, can they win the cup without Neymar, that's what I want to loving know.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

BRAVO. I've been thinking this for years but never been able to put it into words, but sir, you just hit the NAIL on the loving HEAD. Great post, and I pretty much agree with all of it 100%. Don't let the rest of these failtards, who wouldn't know a football if it HIT them on their loving fat FACES, bring you down to their level. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Brazil's tactics, can they win the cup without Neymar, that's what I want to loving know.

lol

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Copa gay

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Nifft posted:

So is Neymar out 4 or 3?

They will decide that on tuesday.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

joepinetree posted:

They will decide that on tuesday.

it depends on how many sacks with $$ written on them can be delivered to Paraguay on time. (conembol headquarters are in Paraguay)

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

marca.com posted:

"You want to make yourself famous at my expense, you son of a b**ch", Neymar said to the ref after hanging around for him in the tunnel. "He was waiting for me and insulted me, calling me a son of a b**ch", wrote the official in his report.

The four-game ban is therefore more a consequence of this incident which we did not see than what we did see when he kicked the ball at Pablo Armero, attempted to headbutt Jeison Murillo and the ruckus which followed. CONMEBOL, meanwhile, assured that his punishment could easily have been more severe.

lol what a faggy bitch fuckboi gaymar is

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/06/20/en/football/international_football/1434828055.html

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Neymar just cares a lot, he wanted to win the Copa for his country because he knows it's the most prestigious tournament in the world.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

El Hefe posted:

Neymar just cares a lot, he wanted to win the Copa for his country because he knows it's the most prestigious tournament in the world.

one day you'll realise that it actually is a poo poo tournament for idiots and I don't care who wins it

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
CBF has just decided to withdraw the appeal and Neymar is leaving Chile tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

joepinetree posted:

CBF has just decided to withdraw the appeal and Neymar is leaving Chile tomorrow.

They couldn't get his Truvada prescription filled in Santiago.

• Locked thread