Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

i am he posted:

hi osiris is dead

holy poo poo don't do that, i thought you were telling me someone died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro Doug

there are a number of microbes in the soil. dirt is delicious.

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
You want some good food for low prices? Buy a bottle of tums, then eat at least ten of them. After you have taken 10 tums, eat all of the food you can. The tums will slow your metabolism down by making your stomach less acidic, and giving you more chance to slow down the absorbtion of your drugs..

Scaly Haylie

breakfast: omelette, stuffed with onion, mushroom and yellow/orange peppers.

Miss Psychosis

Did she bring it to you on a tray or did you eat at the kitchen table like a good boy?

Scaly Haylie

Miss Psychosis posted:

Did she bring it to you on a tray or did you eat at the kitchen table like a good boy?

you've done nothing in this thread but march in to poo poo on me, and i'm beyond tired of it. it's grating, it's mean-spirited, and i want it to stop. enough with the schoolyard insults.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 20, 2015

the unabonger

Miss Psychosis posted:

lol

Scaly Haylie

lunch, if you can call it that for as late as it was (it was my meal at work) was chicken and rice, a salad of mostly lettuce with a vinaigrette dressing, and a bottle of water.

earlier i neglected to mention it, but i had a glass of kefir with breakfast.

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

lunch, if you can call it that for as late as it was (it was my meal at work) was chicken and rice, a salad of mostly lettuce with a vinaigrette dressing, and a bottle of water.

earlier i neglected to mention it, but i had a glass of kefir with breakfast.

love hearing the diet specifics, but mind making a separate Lizwiz's Diet Megathread? I want to keep this to just great byob recipes and food projects so I can compile it all into an amazing cookbook and make $$$

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom

joke_explainer posted:

love hearing the diet specifics, but mind making a separate Lizwiz's Diet Megathread? I want to keep this to just great byob recipes and food projects so I can compile it all into an amazing cookbook and make $$$

Scaly Haylie

joke_explainer posted:

love hearing the diet specifics, but mind making a flashing neon sign saying DOGPILE LIZWIZ HERE?

I do mind, and I hope you understand. Could I meet you halfway and just make it one three-meal megapost a day?

Dinner was slices of smoked beef and sauerkraut, with a side of green beans. Dessert: four strawberries dipped in chocolate, which I'm about to have!

om nom nom

Or at least make a long, detailed post with goals and diet specifics and maybe accompanying exercizes

om nom nom

Even better start fermenting your own cabbage and give me dank home made fermented cabbage recipes

Scaly Haylie

om nom nom posted:

Or at least make a long, detailed post with goals and diet specifics and maybe accompanying exercizes

landy.
you could just not make the posts, if no other option will work

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Miss Psychosis posted:

Miss Psychosis

Yes? Hi, yes detective. My baby boy is being persecuted about his diet by an internet forum.

fuck. marry. t-rex

lizard wizard is like a vortex of negative lovely personality traits

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i don't like what is happening in this thread someone please cook something and take pictures of it i would but tomorrow's father's day and i am doing jack poo poo thank you very much maybe i'll do something on monday i don't know but talking about food should generate minimal drama no greater than someone's mild outrage at a poster's dislike of cilantro

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

man, now the food thread is all shat up... :(

landy.

Bo-Pepper posted:

i don't like what is happening in this thread someone please cook something and take pictures of it i would but tomorrow's father's day and i am doing jack poo poo thank you very much maybe i'll do something on monday i don't know but talking about food should generate minimal drama no greater than someone's mild outrage at a poster's dislike of cilantro

ok, one second

landy.

I did this tofu a while back and never posted about it. I froze the tofu beforehand, microwaved it for a few minutes to thaw it, and put it under a pan with weight to press it dry. After this, i chopped the block into 6 slices. I put the slices in a bag with some sofrito (storebought GOYA brand, but now that i have something that i can use as a processor, I'll start making it myself), ggarlic, onions, and some adobo. I shook it up and left it in the fridge overnight. This is basically how my parents prepare all of their meat. From there, it's like any other tofu steak, I put it in the pan on medium high heat, five minutes each side until golden.

The rice is arroz con gandules, my favorite rice. I kind of messed that up, as you can see it's way more greasy than it should be. I accidentally dropped the leftover rice on the floor trying to get something out of the fridge later, but the second batch didn't have the same oil issue, so there's that at least. You make the rice by putting about 2 1/2 cups of water, some oil, bojo sauce, 1 can of green pigeon peas (I have never seen a bag of these) on high heat. Once it starts boiling, add the rice and let it boil, occasionally stirring until the water in no longer over the rice, then lower the heat to a medium-low level, then cover. Every few minutes, stir the rice to fluff it and make sure , then add a little bit of water to replace the water that just came out as steam and cover again. Do this until the rice is ready, which should take 10-15 minutes.

The last thing on the plate are tostones. These are pretty unhealthy, which is why I rarely have them. You take a plantain (or more, i was only feeding myself, so I only took one) and chop it up. then you put them in a pot with enough oil to cover them and fry them until they're firm. Take them out while they're a yellowish color and then use a waffle iron/potato masher/spatula/whatever to crush them until frying them again until they're around the color you see here. Add a little bit of salt if you want, it's good either way. These need o be eaten within a few hours because they get stale quickly.

This was petty good, though I'd like to know if anybody has improvements. I'll be honest, I don't really want to change the tofu any, unless somebody has a replacement for the adobo.

landy.
I'm planning to make a cake for my parents for father's day tomorrow, so i guess ill post about that when i do it, too.

alnilam

I love the sofrito tofu I'm gonna try that. Intrigued by the rice too! Love tostones but yeah they're pretty unhealthy lol

landy.

alnilam posted:

I love the sofrito tofu I'm gonna try that. Intrigued by the rice too! Love tostones but yeah they're pretty unhealthy lol

If you plan on making it with homemade sofrito let me know and ill see abou getting you the ingredient used to make it

ron color
i made a fathers day meal

portabellos, red onion, zucchini, and peppers (salt + pepper, olive oil)

salt and pepper, garlic and a bit of basil

best thing ive ever made

joke_explainer

looks delicious ron. Did your dad like it? Or were you a dad making it for themselves? How'd you do the steak?

i'm guessing that's a ribeye because of two sections, one appearing to be the longissiumus (muscle the typical new york strip is cut from) and the other section def looks like spinalis, what'd you do to make the steak? It might be just two pieces of meat on top of each other though I can't really tell from the photo so lol if I'm wrong there.

ron color
yep its a ribeye, done on the grill

4 minutes seared on each side, then another 6 or so medium heat with one more flip

ron color
oh and i cooked it up for dad, who brought the wine. were gonna do this again for sure with cheaper cuts

i am he

wow ron nice... ribeye is my favorite cut by far.

bacalou

ron cook me steaks

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i bought some sardines and i plan to put it on toast with avocado

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i also made some rice and beans with andoiulle sausage and it's v nice

----------------

joke_explainer

Pomp posted:

i bought some sardines and i plan to put it on toast with avocado

sardicado! I remember that from good eats. Pretty tasty diet food. I love sardines tho.

I like it when they pack sardines in olive oil & cayenne. sardines are the food that initiated me into eating the face of something (though most tinned sardines are just the bodies).

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i pretty much eat avocado on sourdough for breakfast every morning so this should be p cool

----------------

Scaly Haylie

this but in hank venture's voice

joke_explainer

Sardines are insanely healthy everybody. Check out this breakdown for just 3.2 oz (90 grams) or sardines:

vitamin B12: 338%

selenium: 87%

phosphorus: 64%

omega-3 fats: 61%

protein: 45%

vitamin D: 44%

calcium: 35%

vitamin B3: 30%

iodine: 24%

copper: 19%

choline: 16%

vitamin B2: 16%

That's all in 189 calories, and it has a very low glycemic index.

Additionally because its a bottom-feeder, it doesn't collect and concentrate mercury or other heavy metals in the environment, so zero worry there.

It's also probably the cheapest way to get fish into your diet, and the fish-related nutrients everyone talks about are in these things in spades.

I love them, I eat them right out of the tin sometimes. I had steered clear of them for ages thinking they'd be like anchovies (I love anchovies, but thought it'd be a salt overload to eat a huge anchovy). I was way wrong, they aren't like anchovies at all, they're more mild. I'd say they taste kinda like tuna more than anything else.

ron color
that gd sardine post

joke_explainer

ron color posted:

that gd sardine post

sorry should I have thrown a picture in there? here:

I like this brand

I just noticed the segmented fish on the tin has lipstick and eyelashes though, weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Sardines are also one of the best sources of omega-3 fats, so even the fat is good for you.