Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
What's with Amazon and Netflix describing British shows as original series? Just noticed Catastrophe on Amazon being billed as one of their shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Xandu posted:

What's with Amazon and Netflix describing British shows as original series? Just noticed Catastrophe on Amazon being billed as one of their shows.

I think it's something like they have exclusive US streaming rights. Why they don't say "Netflix Exclusive" instead is beyond my pay grade, though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Xandu posted:

In TV lingo, "original" has long meant "owns first local distribution rights".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
A Young Doctor's Notebook

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Lycus posted:

In TV lingo, "original" has long meant "owns first local distribution rights".

Yeah, I guess. It's a bit confusing given that they also use original to refer to shows they actually created.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Even House of Cards is only Netflix exclusive in the US. It aired on TV in some other countries.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They do it in other countries too with American stuff that they get.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

corn in the bible posted:

A Young Doctor's Notebook

Is really good and owns. I'd love to see a similar series done for The Master and Margarita.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
This was the best line from that Wiig Ferrell movie

quote:

"I don't like you, you're mean!"
"I'm the only nice one! "

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Netflix isn't unique in that. I couldn't count the number of Canadian shows they tout as Syfy original series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

This was the best line from that Wiig Ferrell movie

Nah the best line was "you know how serious diabetic ketoacidosis is!"

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
The new season of Defiance just won me over entirely. Linda Hamilton saying, "Come with me if you want to live."

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Manos del Sino posted:

The new season of Defiance just won me over entirely. Linda Hamilton saying, "Come with me if you want to live."

You know what I love? Tired references to old things rather than writing new, good dialog!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
In the next episode, Linda Hamilton asks a kid "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't care what anyone says, Mark Hamil saying "I am your father" on the Flash was loving awesome.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Manos del Sino posted:

Oh man, between Strike Back bingeing and E3 I haven't gotten to Defiance yet, going to need to fix that.

Oh and whoever told me to watch Strike Back, Greennight?, it owned thanks duder.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah buddy, too bad this is the least season.

Also know what starts this week? Under the Dome and Falling Skies. Still can't believe they renewed Dome, what a pile of poo poo.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Also know what starts this week? Under the Dome and Falling Skies. Still can't believe they renewed Dome, what a pile of poo poo.

Under the Dome is still going? How many seasons of that can they make before it's completely implausible?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

I thought Falling Skies was next week, The Last Ship has its premier tonight.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What happened on The second season of Dome? Also, is anyone going to make a thread for the last ship?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Under the Dome is pretty bad. I'm trying to think of a redeeming quality and, uh... the scenes are adequately lit?

I'll go with that.

Pillowpants posted:

What happened on The second season of Dome? Also, is anyone going to make a thread for the last ship?

A few of them (the teens, naturally) found a way out of the Dome, that magically teleports them to Hicksburg, which happens to be near where Main Guy's father lives. The military tries to exploit this passage because why the hell not. Main Guy's father is somehow involved because why the hell not.

That's all I remember, besides something about pink stars, purple horseshoes and green clovers.

Manos del Sino fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 21, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

I thought Falling Skies was next week, The Last Ship has its premier tonight.

Yes, I saw a commercial stating Falling Skies is next week.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Pillowpants posted:

A teen takes a sample to a lab at the high school to analyze it. He prepares the slide, steps up to the microscope and then steps back and says "I don't know what I'm doing".

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have binged all 4 currently out episodes of unREAL and I don't care if it's accurate to the way that the Bachelor/ette is filmed but I can totally believe it. I am really enjoying it and I never thought I'd say that about something on Lifetime.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Really digging Sense8. Its cinematic as all hell, and ambitious too. I'm only on the second episode though, and I feel like I've already gotten a full meal. Cons: there are some side-characters that feel as thin as cardboard, that only exist as fuel for contrived situations, but that's more than balanced by some of its transcendent moments. This show had me in maybe Nomi's second scene in the first ep. Jesus that destroyed me.

But those side characters, oh boy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In addition to True Detective, Ballers (The Rock's football-themed drama) and The Brink (Jack Black/Tim Robbins spycraft black comedy series) debut tonight on HBO.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

precision posted:

It's aggressively funny. Like, I dare anyone in a lovely mood to watch that show and not crack a smile. It loving owns.

Pardon me, I'm gonna smoke some pussy weed now.

Real late reply on this one, but just wanted to add to this. I had some friends over the other day, never seen the show at all. An episode in (and btw we are playing music and just bullshitting, so it was only on the background), they were fans and kept on asking me to put on new episodes.

Which, also by the way, I'm having trouble finding. Is Broad City not on Hulu+ anymore?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Gonz posted:

In addition to True Detective, Ballers (The Rock's football-themed drama) and The Brink (Jack Black/Tim Robbins spycraft black comedy series) debut tonight on HBO.

Huh, I thought the Brink was a movie, but sure ok.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Life is a fun show

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Suits and Graceland are back for new seasons this week. Maybe this season is finally the one where Aaron Tveit has to go undercover somewhere that requires him to sing.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Anyone tossing up a thread for the Battlebots reboot tonight?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first episode of True Detective season 2 was kind of rough. I didn't think it was bad but it does have a problem of how unlike the first season it has a much broader focus, which made it seem almost unfocused at times since it had twice as many characters to deal with. Colin Farrell is the most interesting character so far just on the dint that he is given the most to do.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So tonight begins the final season of aqua teen
Farewell teen life :911:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

muscles like this? posted:

The first episode of True Detective season 2 was kind of rough. I didn't think it was bad but it does have a problem of how unlike the first season it has a much broader focus, which made it seem almost unfocused at times since it had twice as many characters to deal with. Colin Farrell is the most interesting character so far just on the dint that he is given the most to do.

I thought it was pretty good, myself. It was essentially a pilot, which are always a little rough and expository, but the world and characters it presents are interesting.

Of course, I was never one of those people who thought the first season was phenomenal TV, just a very good HBO drama. Potential which, in my opinion, this season definitely possesses.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Postal Parcel posted:

Oh yeah? Well...Dracula called, and he said he's coming for you. Tonight. And I said "okay".

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Gonz posted:

Oh yeah? Well...Dracula called, and he said he's coming for you. Tonight. And I said "okay".

Tonight.....you.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Postal Parcel posted:

I'm more surprised that it's still on.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The Brink was good on HBO as well. I'm liking their summer lineup much more than I thought I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't think I'm gonna be able to decide if I like Brink until the second episode. The preview was heavily filled with the pilot's gags.

• Locked thread