Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ville Valo posted:

They're as game-y as game-y gets. "Batman has a Batmobile so I'm going to make race tracks for him and call them puzzles."
Honestly this is pretty in-character for Riddler at this point in the Arkhamverse.

Goddamn Batman, solving all my good puzzles. gently caress him, here's a Need For Speed level.

EDIT: Preload is almost 34 GB. That's...not all that bad, really. Compared to the hell that was GTA5 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Funky Valentine posted:

Honestly this is pretty in-character for Riddler at this point in the Arkhamverse.

Goddamn Batman, solving all my good puzzles. gently caress him, here's a Need For Speed level.

EDIT: Preload is almost 34 GB. That's...not all that bad, really. Compared to the hell that was GTA5 anyway.

Yeah, that's why I'm OK with the racetracks.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rorus Raz posted:

So Rocksteady is moving on from Batman after this, right?

Should we brace ourselves for yearly sequels from WB Montreal and whatever developer they grab for the even years?

The Court of Owls with Talons doing a Nemesis system would work for me.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Real hurthling! posted:

how artificial feeling are the riddler challenges this time around?

the whole idea of them is immersion breaking enough in asylum when they're in out of the way vents but the giant rooftop high tech chain link puzzle cages devoted to them in city really turned me off.

There are Riddler trophies. One shown in an Arkham Insider video required Batman to drive his car onto a nearby rooftop, grapple over with a hook, shoot a bunch of the rooftop chimneys in the way, navigate over in tank mode, and then use some kind of gadget to make the trophy accessible to Batman.

Not sure if they're all like that, but that's worth keeping in mind.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rorus Raz posted:

So Rocksteady is moving on from Batman after this, right?

Should we brace ourselves for yearly sequels from WB Montreal and whatever developer they grab for the even years?

Ehh. WB is smarter then your average publisher. My guess is they wont just poo poo out batman/dc games like AC or COD. My guess is later this year or next year the arkham sucide squad game will be announced. or it will be another prequel.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Yes or No: Does the Riddler campaign end with a satisfying-for-the-player slo-mo punch to the face or something that we've been waiting for for many, many years now?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I guess Black Mask won't be doing anything important.

The link is gone what happened?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Funky Valentine posted:

Yea I dig Arkham Riddler because these past games have just been him getting more and more sick of Batman's bullshit.

"Goddamnit did he find all my trophies again? Ok, ok gently caress everything, build a loving RACE TRACK for that rear end in a top hat, see how he likes that."

redbackground posted:

Yes or No: Does the Riddler campaign end with a satisfying-for-the-player slo-mo punch to the face or something that we've been waiting for for many, many years now?

This is important

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The link is gone what happened?

I saw one character as another. Basically Commissioner Gordon was tied up, but it looked like Black Mask due to bad video quality.

There was a better one uploaded to Youtube that made things clearer. That clip is down now, too, though.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Can he jump in this one? Batman without free jump is like Superman without flying.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Maytag posted:

Can he jump in this one? Batman without free jump is like Superman without flying.

Why in the world would Batman need to free jump? He has a freakin' grapnel gun.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Maytag posted:

Can he jump in this one?
What do you think.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I dig Arkham Riddler because these past games have just been him getting more and more sick of Batman's bullshit.

"Goddamnit did he find all my trophies again? Ok, ok gently caress everything, build a loving RACE TRACK for that rear end in a top hat, see how he likes that."
"MOTHERFUCKER. Alright! FINE. gently caress IT. I'm going back to wearing a green jumpsuit and domino mask. gently caress this bronze age horseshit. poo poo. You don't see loving Two-Face get treated like this."

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Resumed Arkham Origins, which is pretty fun still and also helping me remember how the combat in these games differ after finishing Shadow of Mordor last week. Since I am picking up Arkham Knights on Tuesday I probably get through the rest of the game and the Mr Freeze DLC before it out. I just curious how far I am to the end of the base game, as I just defeated Copperhead.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Just under halfway, depending hugely on how much free-roaming you've done.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
According to the Game Informer review you need 100% to unlock the "real" ending.

"[http://www.gameinformer.com/games/batman_arkham_knight/b/playstation4/archive/2015/06/19/batman-arkham-knight-review-game-informer.aspx posted:

Rocksteady makes a strong push for players to see all of it, so much so that it hurts the end-game experience. Once the final story mission is complete, some semblance of closure is delivered, but specific plot points are left dangling, and the credits don’t roll like you expect them to. The player is then asked to clean up some of the side content to initiate another story sequence that brings a new ending and, at long last, the credits. Getting this ending requires a fair amount of time be spent tracking down villains and cleaning up side activities, like rescuing all of the firefighters or taking down Arkham Knight’s outposts (both of which are welcome endeavors). But that isn’t it. To see the real, real ending, you need to complete all of the side content, including every Riddler challenge – which, if you’ve done this in previous games, is a serious time commitment. Most people will probably retreat to YouTube to view the final act.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

RatHat posted:

According to the Game Informer review you need 100% to unlock the "real" ending.

This game- it was made for me.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

RatHat posted:

Ouch, wish I read that first. I just got the almost-real ending and was a little disappointed in it. I don't know that I want to do every single Riddler challenge etc so - to youtube in a few days.

Not-100%-Ending:

Batman's been exposed as Bruce Wayne, and so initiates the Knightfall Protocol. He returns to Wayne Manor with Alfred, and they blow up the house to "protect them."

Edit: Credits finished rolling; it let me continue from where I toggled the post-story ending, so I can continue on to 100% if I want. That's nice of them. I'm at 81.6%, with mostly grindy/fetchy stuff left.

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 22, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I can do what I want, get the not perfect end, then mop up trophies and poo poo and see the real end?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Hey does anyone know how common it is for gamestop to let you pick up a preorder the day before, like I know someone earlier in the thread said they could pick it up at 9pm. I have no idea what the line is going to be like at my gamestop, I showed up to the Origins release at like 12:05 and they were closing their doors because they were already done. I figure Arkham Knight will be a bit bigger than that, but I have no sense of scale. And if I could just pick it up during the day, well then so much the better.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So I can do what I want, get the not perfect end, then mop up trophies and poo poo and see the real end?

Yep!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Aquasnake posted:

Hey does anyone know how common it is for gamestop to let you pick up a preorder the day before, like I know someone earlier in the thread said they could pick it up at 9pm. I have no idea what the line is going to be like at my gamestop, I showed up to the Origins release at like 12:05 and they were closing their doors because they were already done. I figure Arkham Knight will be a bit bigger than that, but I have no sense of scale. And if I could just pick it up during the day, well then so much the better.

Unless you know someone there I really doubt it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Just watched about an hour of walkthrough, and Christ, the guy playing it sucks. I know controlling the batmobile isn't going to be easy when racing about, but he just sat there letting tanks pound him. He cant fight, or reason stuff out, either. However, im thankful for the early look, so good on him.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Aquasnake posted:

Gamestop now releases a bunch of their titles as soon as they go live digitally now. Just do the math and find out what your time zone difference is to Eastern midnight.

Edit: for reference here in hawaii we get to pick up ours at 6 pm.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Eastern midnight is midnight for me. Also I couldn't preorder digital from gamestop for some reason. They only let me pc preorder a physical copy. Which is a minor hassle as my laptop doesn't have a cd drive so it'll take a few extra steps to install.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RatHat posted:

Well it's not like I wasn't gonna do this anyway! :sweatdrop:

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

Ouch, wish I read that first. I just got the almost-real ending and was a little disappointed in it. I don't know that I want to do every single Riddler challenge etc so - to youtube in a few days.

Not-100%-Ending:

Batman's been exposed as Bruce Wayne, and so initiates the Knightfall Protocol. He returns to Wayne Manor with Alfred, and they blow up the house to "protect them."

Edit: Credits finished rolling; it let me continue from where I toggled the post-story ending, so I can continue on to 100% if I want. That's nice of them. I'm at 81.6%, with mostly grindy/fetchy stuff left.

Hey, don't read this spoiler. It's not like the Arkham Knight identity that was called from day one; it's something I'd have been better off seeing in the game myself.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I forget, to 100% do you need to get gold on all the challenge maps too? I'm not very good at those.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I just beat the main story of Origins for the first time to be caught up with the series for Knight, and am I crazy for feeling like it's my favorite of the 3? I thought the story was really well done, loved all the references and inspiration from The Killing Joke, the boss fights were more interesting visually and mechanically than the Rocksteady games, and the crime scene recreations looked kind of janky but were a great addition to detective mode that I hope to see in Knight again. I kind of wrote the game off because I saw early footage before the game came out that didn't look appealing, and the lukewarm reviews made me put off playing it until now, but I came away from it being really impressed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Looks like GMG is starting their key distribution

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Residency Evil posted:

I forget, to 100% do you need to get gold on all the challenge maps too? I'm not very good at those.

This was the case for City, I think everything sans challenge maps got you to 84%. I also suck at them so lost interest in 100%ing it when I realized that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The pre-load keeps erroring out on me - don't do this to me Rocksteady, this is how (Electric Company-era) supervillains are made :shepface:

GuyCastle
Jun 24, 2000

Terrible Horse posted:

This was the case for City, I think everything sans challenge maps got you to 84%. I also suck at them so lost interest in 100%ing it when I realized that.

Not entirely correct. I'm replaying city now to get Origin's somewhat janky timings out of my system, and if you go in the statistics tab of the main menu, it clearly makes a distinction between the original story mode, NG+, side missions and Riddler's revenge. So I wouldn't be surprised if you only need to 100% the main storyline and side missions.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

You definitely don't need to do any challenge maps in either Arkham or City to get the full 100% in story mode, because I never bothered with those and I still got 100% completion. I think City makes the distinction on the main menu or something, but as far as unlocking content/endings in the story goes, they're separate.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RatHat posted:

At 100% you get to see him in his Batman Zero Suit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

At 100% you get to see him in his Batman Zero Suit.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Aquasnake posted:

Probably highly dependent on your specific Gamestop and the people who work there.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

CuwiKhons posted:

Probably highly dependent on your specific Gamestop and the people who work there.

And how badly they want to get fired.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
:woop: GMG just sent my codes :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
Has there been any word from Rocksteady when the Steam unlock actually is? The store page is reporting around noon EDST on Tuesday but it's pretty notoriously unreliable. I need my midnight unlock :(

• Locked thread