Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Broletariat posted:

If you don't think Benzema is good, watch any RM game from this season where he didn't start.

i've seen the games where he did start, that's why i don't think he's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I'd really like a Arsenal Transfer Rumor Flow Chart featuring: Benzema, Draxler, Reus, the Benders, Martinez, 'Young French DM', 'Young English Player', and 'on the way out Real Madrid/Barca player'.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NNick posted:

I'd really like a Arsenal Transfer Rumor Flow Chart featuring: Benzema, Draxler, Reus, the Benders, Martinez, 'Young French DM', 'Young English Player', and 'on the way out Real Madrid/Barca player'.

It would just be all of them to Arsenal over and over again forever, though.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Benzema is a lovely striker. That's why RM fans call him Benzemal. That's why they cry when Real Madrid doesn't buy any serious backup strikers for their team. He'll fail anywhere he goes. LOL Arsenal please spend 50m pounds on him best troll ever. Real may actually buy a good striker for once.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benzema is good. RM fans are dumb.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

PerpetualSelf posted:

Benzema is a lovely striker. That's why RM fans call him Benzemal. That's why they cry when Real Madrid doesn't buy any serious backup strikers for their team. He'll fail anywhere he goes. LOL Arsenal please spend 50m pounds on him best troll ever. Real may actually buy a good striker for once.

Real Madrid fans boo loving Ronaldo. I really don't think their opinion on any player ever should be held in high regard.

e: Actually they whistle at him but really it's the same thing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ronaldo boos his teammates.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
they're saying boo-enzema

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
He could be saying 'BOO-ALE'

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Have Newcastle signed one of the 30 players we've been linked w yet?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Schrödinger's Benzema

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

kcer posted:

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ninpo posted:

Suarez plays as a wide forward at Barcelona it's almost as if he's expected to get assists and a lower number of goals than the centre forward. I just don't think Benzema would be an upgrade over Giroud and he's only a year younger than him.

i love it when people have no idea about what they're talking about and then get called up on it literally two posts later

also no one is saying benzema is the second coming of christ and i think there's a less than 5% chance of him coming to arsenal

he's not aguero, suarez or any other elite player but i'd have him over rooney, costa, rvp, sturridge etc so

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Arsenal having two strikers who aren't Welbeck might be a good idea idk.

West Ham announce they'd signed some kid from Man City I'd never heard of at the kit unveiling, and that's a Done Deal. CL for sure.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

not not luvd posted:

i'd have him over rooney, costa

what the

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

not not luvd posted:

rooney, costa, rvp, sturridge etc so

Well you would until those players were linked with a move to Arsenal at least.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Diego Costa is better than Benzema is better than Rooney, imo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

rooney, costa, rvp, sturridge

no , no, yes, yes

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

not not luvd posted:

i love it when people have no idea about what they're talking about

not not luvd posted:

i'd have him over rooney, costa

Jesus christ luvd.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

Jesse Lingard on loan is the most recent rumour and probably the worst it will get all summer

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

West Ham announce they'd signed some kid from Man City I'd never heard of at the kit unveiling, and that's a Done Deal. CL for sure.

Samuelsen isn't bad and is certainly one for the future. He just keeps getting overshadowed by Odegaard as apparently only one teenager is allowed to be good at football in Norway at a time.

We keep getting linked with Charlie Austin despite the fact that we already have a bajillion strikers. It's funny that QPR think they're going to get £15 million for him, though. Everyone knows they're in financial poo poo so that price is going to come way down.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Sky are reporting that cech has agreed terms with the arsenal

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9891901/chelsea-keeper-cech-closes-in-on-arsenal-move

Be drat happy with that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Machinegunboyo posted:

Sky are reporting that cech has agreed terms with the arsenal

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9891901/chelsea-keeper-cech-closes-in-on-arsenal-move

Be drat happy with that

Signing of the season if it happens

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Uh oh, Arsenal have a habit of doing well when they don't have a poo poo keeper.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Samuelsen isn't bad and is certainly one for the future. He just keeps getting overshadowed by Odegaard as apparently only one teenager is allowed to be good at football in Norway at a time.

We keep getting linked with Charlie Austin despite the fact that we already have a bajillion strikers. It's funny that QPR think they're going to get £15 million for him, though. Everyone knows they're in financial poo poo so that price is going to come way down.

Bets froze today so I imagine we won't get him and make bookies a nice amount of money. Obiang was the first transfer in a while we got told about beforehand and still happened. Austin would be a cracking signing if we somehow got him, apart from Sakho none of our strikers can loving shoot. I don't really see Valencia learning how to score with us either, Carroll's going to remain a corpse between Swansea games, it's not as if we don't need more goals.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

PerpetualSelf posted:

RM fans are idiots, Benzema is good. Then again you're the guy who actually thought Ronaldo was the problem at Real Madrid. So, um, yeah.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

Bets froze today so I imagine we won't get him and make bookies a nice amount of money. Obiang was the first transfer in a while we got told about beforehand and still happened. Austin would be a cracking signing if we somehow got him, apart from Sakho none of our strikers can loving shoot. I don't really see Valencia learning how to score with us either, Carroll's going to remain a corpse between Swansea games, it's not as if we don't need more goals.

I'd like him to join as well but unless we offload someone, I can't see the board justifying having another striker. We've got Carroll, Sakho, Valencia, Zarate, Lee and Maiga. Apart from Lee, they're all on pretty decent wages and Austin will cost a lot even if the price got driven down. It'd be nice but Valencia or Carroll would have to be sold (which I have no real problem with but it's not happening).

What we really need to do right now is free up some of the wage bill. Jarvis and Nolan are the big ones but who'd take them?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

serious gaylord posted:

Well you would until those players were linked with a move to Arsenal at least.

idk why youre trying to make this into a thing

do you have any actual examples of 'arsenal fans' doing this?

Ninpo posted:

Jesus christ luvd.

me saying benzema is better than rooney or costa is my opinion

you saying suarez plays as anything other than a centre forward is objectively wrong

not not luvd fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 21, 2015

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Ninpo posted:

Uh oh, Arsenal have a habit of doing well when they don't have a poo poo keeper.

They have crap defenders in front of Cech though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Spangly A posted:

Arsenal having two strikers who aren't Welbeck might be a good idea idk.

I haven't heard of him either, and I thought I followed City's youth closely.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

hadji murad posted:

So poo poo they let in 4 more goals last season than Chelsea. Unbelievable.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

Arsenal's defense is actually good the team's problem is scoring goals.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Juventus is posting pictures of Mandzukic at the airport in Turin, so get your bold tags ready

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

Juventus is posting pictures of Mandzukic at the airport in Turin, so get your bold tags ready

Thats a real good signing.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Bogan Krkic posted:

Diego Costa is better than Benzema is better than Rooney, imo

:agreed:

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
tbf Benzema would be a quintessential Wengy signing

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Lol did some rear end in a top hat say Suarez plays as a wide forward at Barca? I'm not going back and reading this terrible poo poo thread so can someone please confirm and name the dipshit who did it?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Parody Threads posted:

Lol did some rear end in a top hat say Suarez plays as a wide forward at Barca? I'm not going back and reading this terrible poo poo thread so can someone please confirm and name the dipshit who did it?

its bad and u can read it all here (check the first post) http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=132288

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What does Suarez play as? Serious question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Vegetable posted:

What does Suarez play as? Serious question.

Is it?

• Locked thread