Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Yaaaaay, Byblos downed with four 'zerks.

Level 21 with Mythril Hammers, for the curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Signed up for a chaos run, and my first job is Blue Mage. This is gonna be fun....

InfernoBlade
Dec 3, 2006

I think I'm going to the job fair. There's nothing in my run that deals any damage to speak of. Definitely going to swap a chemist for something else, question is what?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see. Where is the best place to grind for exp in that area? Inside the fire ship?

I did the world map near Karnak. None of the enemies there pose any sort of actual threat, especially the Wild Nakks, and you're close to the Inn instead of needing to use Tents.

Asiina posted:

We both have the same team.

Pray for us.

Sword Dance Thor's Hammer and Man Eater Ribbon Berserkers! What could go wrong?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh, boy.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=kaemmerite

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I am so incredibly pleased that someone else is suffering this year.

I say as I grind levels for Sandworm, of course, but I stand by my statement.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I did not realize that the calcruthls in the ship graveyard can drop Elixirs. At least, not until I got one. And then another in the very next battle. :stare: Maybe this team has promise.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So my strategy for Soul Cannon is pretty much "Grind for a couple of hours" I guess.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ultrafilter posted:

Signed up for a chaos run, and my first job is Blue Mage. This is gonna be fun....

Curiosity got the better of me, so I unlocked the rest of my jobs.

:getin:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
My Chaos run hasn't ended up being very chaotic, just got Ronka done and my party is Blue Mage / Berserker / Berserker / Dragoon.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Woot, late start due to work, but I got blue mage.

how can I get beneficial blue magic now?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

gatesealer posted:

This should help.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Thus far I have Geomancer/Ranger/Dragoon/? on Chaos...so by process of elimination my last job is something else from the Earth Crystal. This is going to be interesting, I can tell. At least my current possibilities aren't too shabby (though Chemist is of course the best of the group).

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk

gatesealer posted:

This is exactly me right now. Just got home from work, check my first job, Blue Mage gently caress yeah. I almost kinda didn't want it since I have used it every single time I have played the game, but at least my very first fiesta will have a familiar face helping me out. :)

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
So I checked my last class out of curiosity.

I can deal with this. Team will be a bit fragile, and no decent magic class so I can't go with Improved Rune Axe Berserker, but if all else fails I can solve my in-game problems the way all problems are best solved: throw money at it.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, this team might at least have some decent synergy. Not GREAT, but decent. Equip Ribbons or Shirahadori for everyone depending on the situation (maybe Zeninage for the Dancer if I need to double up on it), and of course there's always the option of Chicken Knife Sword Dance.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 22, 2015

TiredDaemon
Jul 14, 2006

Xythar, Kill: Spoonsy, ##Vote: TiredDaemon

Asiina posted:

We both have the same team.

Pray for us.

Well.. This will be terrible

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
So getting to Water Crystal with 4 White Mages is incredibly boring. Maybe I'll have more excitement with Fahtz when I work on Fire later on.

I used Libra at the end of the Garula fight to see that he had 19 HP left. My next attack did 18, and the one after missed. Finally got that last hitpoint afterwards.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
So on another note I saw that some people recommending no weapons for Berserkers over axes/hammers. Is there a point where bare hands without Barehanded becomes profitable over weapons? I'm level 17 at the moment and they barely break double digits while Mythril Daggers and Hammers are both hitting for several hundred. Even with the accuracy issues of the latter, they're miles ahead of bare hands.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Bufuman posted:

So on another note I saw that some people recommending no weapons for Berserkers over axes/hammers. Is there a point where bare hands without Barehanded becomes profitable over weapons? I'm level 17 at the moment and they barely break double digits while Mythril Daggers and Hammers are both hitting for several hundred. Even with the accuracy issues of the latter, they're miles ahead of bare hands.

I believe that strategy requires the Monk's Barehanded ability.

rundxdi
Feb 3, 2004

Soup Of The Day

berserker>geomancer so far. woooo geomancer. Would rather have.....anything else I think. What do geomancers even do?

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Starting with ninja in the chaos run, goody!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Maleketh posted:

I believe that strategy requires the Monk's Barehanded ability.

So daggers/axes/hammers for all then. Works for me. I'm going for an even spread for the moment, the girls get the daggers while the men get the manly hammers. ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

rundxdi posted:

berserker>geomancer so far. woooo geomancer. Would rather have.....anything else I think. What do geomancers even do?

!Gaia.

They're good at random encounters, which is when you need help least. That's about it.

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
By the way here is my artsy Fartzy screenshot:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Rolling with Monk and Knight thus far. About to embark on a fiery ship adventure.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TiredDaemon posted:

Well.. This will be terrible

Equip Ribbons on all three Berserkers and you'll be fine. Taking status effects out of the equation makes dealing with an all berserker party much less terrible. You were going to have to grind like crazy to get through Neo-Exdeath with a triple berserker party anyway, so the Dancer's HP limitations won't matter. Honestly this is far from the worst triple berserker run you could have ended up with.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:fuckoff:

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

InfernoBlade posted:

I think I'm going to the job fair. There's nothing in my run that deals any damage to speak of. Definitely going to swap a chemist for something else, question is what?

The only person you have any business switching is Geomancer. And switch him to Ninja, I'd say.

InfernoBlade
Dec 3, 2006

Sordas Volantyr posted:

The only person you have any business switching is Geomancer. And switch him to Ninja, I'd say.

Chemist is awesome. Just not sure two of them is what I'm aiming for. But yeah, geomancer needs to go. I'm actually having trouble figuring out how to job fair a chaos run, it's organized by crystal on the page and doesn't seem to let you choose to replace your first slot with anything outside of wind crystal jobs.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Aw yeah, Liquid Flame beaten with a level 18 All Zerkers Team. Got EXTREMELY lucky with the form switching; after the initial human form, he kept alternating between the hand and tornado forms until he ran out of MP for both forms. He only switched back to human form once... just in time for Lenna to deliver the final blow.

I expect Byblos to more than make up for it. :negative:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Jueg01 posted:

So getting to Water Crystal with 4 White Mages is incredibly boring. Maybe I'll have more excitement with Fahtz when I work on Fire later on.

I used Libra at the end of the Garula fight to see that he had 19 HP left. My next attack did 18, and the one after missed. Finally got that last hitpoint afterwards.

Don't forget the flail in the Ship Graveyard. Any boost to your offense is invaluable.

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
I loving love Blue Mages. :allears:

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Beating Liquid Flame with 4 berserkers was like playing a slot machine. I leveled to 19 and that gave me enough HP to cross my fingers and get enough solid hits landed in a row...

And gently caress, Berserker/Berserker/Dragoon. Someone please talk me out of job fairing away one of these stupid berserkers? I know the point is that this is supposed to be challenging but just Liquid Flame was bad enough. :(

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
2x Berserkers, Bard, and a Summoner. Challenging, but workable. Long live Chaos Risk :getin:

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk

FeatherFloat posted:

Beating Liquid Flame with 4 berserkers was like playing a slot machine. I leveled to 19 and that gave me enough HP to cross my fingers and get enough solid hits landed in a row...

And gently caress, Berserker/Berserker/Dragoon. Someone please talk me out of job fairing away one of these stupid berserkers? I know the point is that this is supposed to be challenging but just Liquid Flame was bad enough. :(

THINK OF THE GLORY. VALHALLA AWAITS YOU IF YOU PERSERVERE.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

How the gently caress are you doing that much damage with Geomancer? I've just gotten to World 2 with Monk/Time/Geo/Chemist and the Geo's an item plat form/second puncher.

Also I got that spread on RegChaos. What IS the Chaos ruleset? So far I've just gotten a normal run team.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

KharlanTree posted:

THINK OF THE GLORY. VALHALLA AWAITS YOU IF YOU PERSERVERE.

Okay that's pretty convincing. :black101:

I will come back to this after a good night's sleep, where I will possibly be feeling shiny and chrome enough to attempt to conquer this bullshit.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How the gently caress are you doing that much damage with Geomancer? I've just gotten to World 2 with Monk/Time/Geo/Chemist and the Geo's an item plat form/second puncher.

Also I got that spread on RegChaos. What IS the Chaos ruleset? So far I've just gotten a normal run team.

Hint: You can mix and match your abilities and put skills from one class on another. :v:

I swear to god that pun wasn't intentional at first, I only noticed it when I started typing it.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
Thief/Berserker until Ronka is loving suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So in the end it's Black Mage/Berserker/Bard/Dancer. Seems all right, though I got Dancer last year. Ah well, I'm planning to do a second run after this one so hopefully I get a non-Dancer as my fourth then.

• Locked thread