Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Chaotic Neutral posted:

Thief/Berserker until Ronka is loving suffering.

I know your pain, though I've got Monk (and two Berserkers) but Soul Cannon is going to be a nightmare. Probably gonna have to grind out that 200k gil for four Angel Rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Liquid Flame has been dealt with thanks to a glorious abuse of Counters and Chakra for nearly 15 minutes.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

so I see a lot of blue magic that requires yo uto control an enemy. If you don't get a beast tamer, how can you learn these spells or can you?

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=dbzfandiego

Not bad so far, at lest I can break rods with Red Mage.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Checking the player list and I see a lot of Berserker/Berserker/Berserker/______ lineups. I'm so sorry for all you folks who have to fight Sandworm and Soul Cannon like this, or for the poor bastards who get that fourth berserker :(

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

She can sing to summon birds to assist her.

Pretty sure Lenna's a Disney princess, here.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh hey, my third class is a White Mage. That's great, now I have all the heals.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I know your pain, though I've got Monk (and two Berserkers) but Soul Cannon is going to be a nightmare. Probably gonna have to grind out that 200k gil for four Angel Rings.
That's what I'm doing right now, though I think I can get away with only one or two.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
I haven't played FFV in what, 10 years, but I thought I was gonna give this a go this year. I guess I got a knight as my first job though which seems kinda boring.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
4x Blue Mage is surprisingly difficult from the perspective of someone used to having white and black magic. My healing is covered by Tonics and Red Feast (And probably will be for the foreseeable future), although GobPunch is surprisingly solid damage.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
30/32/30/32 and counting for Sandworm. The upside is, this is going to be my fastest Fiesta yet once I hit the Earth Crystal.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Byblos was annoying for physical classes as ever, but my All Berserker team brought him down on the second attempt thanks to more RNG blessings, namely that I only saw two or three Drains (I didn't count, I was fast-forwarding through the battle) despite taking around 10 attacks once he dropped below 800. The fact that he got Protect early makes it even more sweet a victory.

Granted, now I have to get past Sandworm and Soul Cannon too. I'm going to need grindings. Death Sickles. And possibly Angel Rings.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

So I finished Garula with four white mages (not that bad with the flail and elven mantle, really), and my next job is... time mage. So I guess Gilgabot wants me to have all the buffs. :v:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Bard, 'Zerk, Ranger, and 'Zerk.

This certainly is going to be an interesting group....

VecantiCross
Feb 23, 2014
2x Ninja, 2x Geomancer, I'm not sure what to think. This is my first job fiesta, I've beaten the game before several years ago though.

rundxdi
Feb 3, 2004

Soup Of The Day

berserker/geomancer/dancer so far.... interested to see what my last job is going to be. Gotta be an earth one so can't go too wrong, right?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I'm going to make a lot of enemies with this post, but this only took me about 10 minutes and maybe 15-20 battles.

...seriously, barely any trouble with Liquid Flame and Byblos and now this? I'm waiting for the RNG to drop the bomb at some point. :ohdear:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Bufuman posted:

I'm going to make a lot of enemies with this post, but this only took me about 10 minutes and maybe 15-20 battles.

...seriously, barely any trouble with Liquid Flame and Byblos and now this? I'm waiting for the RNG to drop the bomb at some point. :ohdear:

Just remember, every battle you didn't have to fight to get those Death Sickles is one more you have to fight to level up for Sandworm and get Angel Rings!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Not bad!

No magic, no berserking. Just the Fights, ma'am. Should mostly be a cake run from here on (just landed in World 2), but I think I'll be skipping the bonus bosses. Rings are a waste of money when I could literally just throw money.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Huh, didn't get one single Drain counter from Byblos with my team. Of course it helped that at the end Faris got two back to back crits with Focus for about 1200 damage.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Chaotic Neutral posted:

That's what I'm doing right now, though I think I can get away with only one or two.
Wound up needing L24 for the M11 on Berserker Galuf, an Angel Ring on him, and some decent luck with launcher targeting and accuracy, but made it.

God that sucked

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

My luck has turned!

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

sweet, Blue Mage/ Mystic Knight. Things are looking super easy.

As a side note, I never realized just how useful Pond's Chorus is. I just kept Garula as a toad the whole fight. Why have I never tried this before?

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

NED down.

Did Omega too for good measure since I had bard. I'm going to try shinryu next, but Ill probably flub that.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 22, 2015

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Red Mage/Red Mage/Ranger/Chemist

Not a whole lot of offense but it could probably be worse? Just have to stock up on good Mix ingredients and break a whole lot of rods.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
CarbyBot alcharagia: Dr. Clapperclaw's Deadly Speed Trap has snared 19 victims! (0 of them are alcharagia...)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Let my Low Level Fiesta attempt begin.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
And then Gilgabot springs a Delayed Berserker Trap on me. Thief/Berserker/Dragoon/Berserker. :smith:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Water job is Red Mage. Looks like I'm still in the back row. How many black mages should I swap out for red mage for the white magic? 1?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
First wipe on Magissa. Falzer hits a bit hard. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

berenzen posted:

Water job is Red Mage. Looks like I'm still in the back row. How many black mages should I swap out for red mage for the white magic? 1?

Go for 3 Red Mages and a single Black Mage if you like.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
Rocking the Blue Mage / Mystic Knight / Ninja / Samurai.

I've never played this game through without access to the heal rod or white magic.

How do I deal with things I can't murder on my first swing? Not being able to heal outside of potions is a nightmare so far.

(The completionist in me is screaming over the blue magic I can't get :stonk:)

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:getin:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

berenzen posted:

Red mage has worse magic but better strength. For casual encounters red Mage can probably get through them with less resources. While during a boss black mage can nuke em before the battle drags on too long.

So I guess 3 red and 1 black for most of the time and 3 black and 1 red for bosses.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So far I have Beastmaster/Berserker/Berserker. So the sand worm should be a fun fight.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
So where's the best spot to grind around 24-25 for a team of Berserkers? They're having a so-so success rate against Mini Dragons, due to the little bastards' 30% evade (on top of the Death Sickle Squad's 80% hit rate), sometimes they win, sometimes they wipe. Should I choose to put them off for a bit longer, would Crescent Island be the best backup choice?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Stuck on the Soul Cannon with Berserker, Beastmaster and Geomancer. Why is this jerk wind immune?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Whip paralysis and the death sickle rock so much early game. I love it.

Bufuman posted:

I got mine first kill.

Not that it's seemed to help me get past cannon.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

My jobs are Bard/Berserkerx3. I... Don't think there's much in the way of synergy here. :(

I guess I should get past the canal before worrying, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Triple crown, bitches.

NED:

Omega:

Shinryu:

E: Looks like goons have taken the first win and first triple crown of this year's fiesta (and I repeated the first triple crown with two Berserkers trick I did last year). Nice work, Lilli. :hfive:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 22, 2015

• Locked thread