Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Everyone's favourite joke politician is gone according to radiolive
https://mobile.twitter.com/LIVENewsDesk/status/611721658575925248

Apparently having a sauna with David Farrier was just too much for the party to handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fong posted:

Double post but according to Paddy Gower, Colin Craig is being ousted at the Conservative board meeting tomorrow.

E: Of all the weird and wonderful poo poo he did, apparently it was the sauna with David Farrier that has his party pissed enough to chuck him
http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/sauna-puts-heat-on-colin-craig-in-more-ways-than-one-2015061818#axzz3dBbPTVGk

Varkk posted:

Everyone's favourite joke politician is gone according to radiolive
https://mobile.twitter.com/LIVENewsDesk/status/611721658575925248

Apparently having a sauna with David Farrier was just too much for the party to handle.

Yep

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
From the Conservative press conference

"We are on the cusp of entering parliament . . . in 2017"

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Some rumblings about sexual harrassment re: his press sec quitting 2 days before the election

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
also former Nat MP Phil Heatley rumoured to be his successor

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Greeeeeat

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
They kicked him out but now they've gotta come up with Colin's money every week, no matter what. No more sugar daddy funding the party? gently caress you, pay me. Oh, your comically evil looking conservative castle burnt down? gently caress you, pay me. You can't get more than ten people to come to your events, huh? gently caress you, pay me.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
This is the death of the party. The only reason it got any oxygen was because of Craig's wacky antics.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wibbleman posted:

And if it keeps going them we might as well be back in the feudal system with the landed gentry and the rentier/surf class.
really looking forward to being part of the surf class tbh :rock:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/69559312/conservative-faction-to-block-colin-craigs-return-as-leader

Nice to see Craig continue the trend of social conservative politicians being hypocritical scum

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Exclamation Marx posted:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/69559312/conservative-faction-to-block-colin-craigs-return-as-leader

Nice to see Craig continue the trend of social conservative politicians being hypocritical scum

haha is stuff trolling with the inset glamour photos? brilliant

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Let he who has not written terrible love poetry and been accused of sexual assault throw the first stone

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover and all those other bullshit platitudes, yet this always seems to happen. You can tell the guy is a tremendous piece of poo poo straight away, you just don't know why.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover and all those other bullshit platitudes, yet this always seems to happen. You can tell the guy is a tremendous piece of poo poo straight away, you just don't know why.

I dunno, I always got the impression that he was a simple man trying to hold onto a simple world. Evil through stupidity, I mean, rather than evil through greed. To each his own though.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I dont really post anymore but it was about a year ago I posted some unhinged ranting on here as a serious bout of mental illness was beginning and received some pretty appropriate / direct advice

Well Id just thought Id say I appreciated it and life is pretty sweet and I am employed about as much as the rest of my peers - that being quite precariously and pretty low paid - but holding it down and staying healthy.

chur

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Good poo poo

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
onya m8

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Have a pie mate you earned it.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Jacobin posted:

I dont really post anymore but it was about a year ago I posted some unhinged ranting on here as a serious bout of mental illness was beginning and received some pretty appropriate / direct advice

Well Id just thought Id say I appreciated it and life is pretty sweet and I am employed about as much as the rest of my peers - that being quite precariously and pretty low paid - but holding it down and staying healthy.

chur

Good to hear.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Isn't 90% of this thread made up of unhinged ranting?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jacobin posted:

chur

This man deserves a DB.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Congratulations Jacobin, but please don't drink DB.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Isn't 90% of this thread made up of unhinged ranting?

Just 90?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
It's the purest form of patriotism.

Anyway good stuff mate, have a Jelly Tip.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Congratulations Jacobin, but please don't drink DB.

Shush, I was testing him for madness and you've blown it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jacobin posted:

chur

i think we can all agree this is the first good post in this thread

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

echinopsis posted:

i think we can all agree this is the first good post in this thread

Look at this guy thinking there'll be any good posts after this.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Hey has anyone complained about the cold yet? By the way I'm from Auckland, so feel free to call me a wuss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It was bad last night coz it rained then it froze which is way worse than a bad frost coz everything is just covered in a layer of clear ice. It's hard to see on the ground and everything was fuckin frozen shut. And we copped it lightly. -20 or close to? poo poo bro

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I was complaining about the cold just today.

In Auckland.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

I might even wear pants instead of stubbies tomorrow.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I can say for a fact that it was warmer in the Bay on Monday than Auckland was on Tuesday.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sun always shines in Hawkes bay. You pussies are just pussies.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

According to the fridge, room temperature in my auckland garage right now is 1 degrees.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wasn't cold until you guys told me. I am going to hop into the fridge now.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Yep, confirmed as cold. Not getting out of bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cold, sick and am at school because I can not be hosed setting relief. You loving wimps.

• Locked thread