Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Diavolo and Doppio are both awesome looking and in my top 5 JoJo character designs but yeah the dudes aren't all that menacing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i don't think that even a good translation will magically make him more interesting. his stand and dual-personality thing are neat but other than that i never gave a poo poo about him, which doesn't bode well given that other antagonists manage to be interesting along with having cool stands.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
On the other hand it's hard to compete with predecessors like DIO, the sexiest man alive, and Kira "Got A Boner" Yoshikage.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Race Realists posted:

Oh, trust me dude

https://twitter.com/_floridaman

https://twitter.com/_flor1dawoman

I know

jolyne was mentioned nowhere in the Florida Woman twitter account. :colbert:

all shitposting aside I'm enjoying the first chapter so far, but CHRIST is the translation poo poo.

Stone Ocean's translations and scans are awful for the first and I think 2nd volume. It quickly gets better.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I know Im going to get shat on for saying this, but I get a weird Deadman Wonderland vibe from Stone Ocean. I dig it alot, but Im more than likely going to just read a few chapters so I dont completely spoil myself for the inevitable adaptation

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Has anyone else in this thread read/watched YuYu Hakusho? Because territories are totally just stands without the punchghosts. The territories showed up right around the time Stardust Crusaders was ending.

I guess Araki got even with Togashi by making Okuyasu a carbon copy of Kuwabara.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i forgot how it takes time for okuyasu to become the doof we all know and love, because on this reread i've been reminded how...weird he looks when first introduced. even though it's his first incarnation he almost looks like a weird knockoff.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Buff Okuyasu is super weird, he gets so cute by the end that it's hard to believe it's the same dude.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people joke about the whole 'araki sameface' thing but i honestly hugely prefer that to whatever the gently caress okuyasu and angelo and whoever have going on in the beginning of arc 4.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Race Realists posted:

jolyne whines about getting caught wanking in front of a guard?

lousy way to introduce a protagonist, araki....

Son, you better not be poo poo-talking the best JoJo.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Million Ghosts posted:

DIO, the sexiest man alive

"alive"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder what kind of shockwave "female protagonist who indulges in her sexuality" caused over in Japan when it happened.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jolyne's super badass and some people just can't handle that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Million Ghosts posted:

Buff Okuyasu is super weird, he gets so cute by the end that it's hard to believe it's the same dude.

Every villain in JoJo part 4 starts off in big buff scary bad man style then deflate instantly after they're beating. Okuyasu goes from super detailed buff man to the kuwabara knock off we love in like 3 pages, Lcok and Surface shrink, Tonio goes in and out of it once Josuke pushes his buttons. Even rohan had that super buff over detailed look going until Josuke beat the poo poo out him.

It's a neat art style thing Araki seemed to be doing throughout the part.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Jolyne's super badass and some people just can't handle that.

She's easily among the best JoJo's. Up there with Young Joseph and Johnny.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 23, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every villain in JoJo starts off in big buff scary bad man style then deflate instantly after they're beating. Okuyasu goes from super detailed buff man to the kuwabara knock off we love in like 3 pages, Lcok and Surface shrink, Tonio goes in and out of it once Josuke pushes his buttons. Even rohan had that super buff over detailed look going until Josuke beat the poo poo out him.

It's a neat art style thing Araki seemed to be doing throughout the part.

Well, except Valentine. He didn't exactly have the time to look like more of a douche after getting beaten but man did he get more intimidating over the course of the series.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
He found Jesus.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

He found DIO.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
He's got the whole world in his hands.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aurain posted:

JoJolion 44 photo. The big reveal.
http://i.imgur.com/lZlLEbp.jpg

Linked so you can choose to look at your leisure.

I haven't been reading Jojolion hardly at all yet, but I don't care about spoilers in JoJo so I clicked this. I was disappointed that this so-called "big reveal" wasn't about Gappy's balls.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bifauxnen posted:

I haven't been reading Jojolion hardly at all yet, but I don't care about spoilers in JoJo so I clicked this. I was disappointed that this so-called "big reveal" wasn't about Gappy's balls.

Well those have already been revealed to Yasuho, the lucky girl.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

That's the biggest reveal.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I'm late to the party, but I've been reading Part 4 and I just finished Let's Go Eat Italian yesterday. If that gets animated, anyone who complains about it is, with no doubt, wrong.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She's easily among the best JoJo's. Up there with Young Joseph and Johnny.

Every JoJo is the best JoJo.

Serperoth posted:

Anyone who complains about it is, with no doubt, wrong as a person.

I've said this before, but I love how Part 4 is full of pointless filler and after I was done, I was disappointed there wasn't more of it.

Sekkira fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 22, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Actually, JoJo is a bad JoJo.

Also, via the One Punch Man thread because relevant (mostly) :colbert:.

Gyges posted:

Filler is padding to stretch something out, that is not what this is. It's an expansion of the story for the purposes of the story. It's not like this is a direct and exact translation anyway, it's an adaptation that is very faithful.

Unless you want to say other side stories are filler to. In which case you're wrong and I feel sorry that you don't understand divine revelation.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
when you hear it, and get it

you will poo poo bricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbzA1R_G23Q

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Florida woman tweets work just about as well for part 6 as always sunny titles work for part 4.

FLORIDA WOMAN FIGHTS PLANKTON COLONY

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Filler, Side Story, whatever you want to call it. It's still good. I'm not saying there's any bad stuff to Part 4, because there isn't. All of part 4 is good, and even then, there isn't enough good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only thing that irrationally bugs me more than people calling things like that filler is when they call the series JoJo's.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

What's wrong with calling it The Jojo's?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno, it's just awful and bad. As someone who is both of those things, I'd like to think I recognise those traits well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Race Realists posted:

Oh, trust me dude

https://twitter.com/_floridaman

https://twitter.com/_flor1dawoman

I know

jolyne was mentioned nowhere in the Florida Woman twitter account. :colbert:

all shitposting aside I'm enjoying the first chapter so far, but CHRIST is the translation poo poo.

One of these days, I'm gonna reread Stone Ocean and start a Florida Jojo Twitter account to go along with it.

Florida Woman Jealous Of Snail Reproduction.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Florida Man Asks Where The Hell Is Mickey?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Florida Woman Encounters Urban Legend, Sets Herself On Fire.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Florida Woman Flips Off Alligator, Falls Sideways

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Florida Man and Woman Fight Local Humanoid Plant Life

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Florida Man says Kabutomushi a lot, ends universe.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The trend of posting stealth spoilers in the anime thread continues:

Pomp posted:

Ripple coming back could be cool, but they'd have to put a new spin on it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

The trend of posting stealth spoilers in the anime thread continues:

That is literally only a spoiler if you know what it is spoiling. I feel like it's along the same lines of saying something like, "They could really stand to change up the power sets in the next season" at the end of BT or something.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
If only there was a term for that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You could say it was a hidden reveal of some sort.