Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Progress! After 5 days I can now make characters!

Kinda. I cant actually make make them because servers are still locked up to new characters, but I have them all ready to go once they actually let me play. Plus I was talking to their support and they are going to set my free 30 days back to 30 instead of losing 5+ days to lovely server issues. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Between that and dark passenger being off the GCD I think maybe people don't like DRK because the don't understand the brand new class. It's quite shocking.

That being said, I have yet to see a good machinist in my path while leveling DRK, and I have to ask if the class is fundamentally not good or if it's just the players. I don't know which one it is because I only did the level 30 machinst quest and decided it wasn't for me, so I can't even tell if the machinists I get are doing it wrong or what.

I had to make a dungeon macro for LLDR that spams DO NOT USE KNOCKBACKS ON MOBS PLEASE six times and I inevitably used it at least twice every dungeon. People see an off GCD button and just press it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ignimbrite posted:

Are there many/any new cross-classable skills?

Far as I can tell they didn't touch crossclassing at all. Nothing can steal from any of the new classes ('cos they're jobs, not classes, technically), at any rate.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
I can't get over how good Move Form is. MNK feels like such a fluid class now that form switching is possible without a target.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Thumbtacks posted:

I had to make a dungeon macro for LLDR that spams DO NOT USE KNOCKBACKS ON MOBS PLEASE six times and I inevitably used it at least twice every dungeon. People see an off GCD button and just press it.

lmao if you actually give a poo poo about this. If I was in a group and you did that I would use my knockback on CD, then I would knockback a different mob in the opposite direction the next time, every time. They walk back to you dumbass. Anyone that actually cares about how trash mobs are handled needs to seriously take inventory on their (numerous, I'm sure) issues .

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All the level 60 content is super rad, I have no regrets about skipping all the cutscenes. I'll probably go back and watch them in the inn eventually, gotta get fisher to 60 so I can play the real endgame.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

psymonkey posted:

lmao if you actually give a poo poo about this. If I was in a group and you did that I would use my knockback on CD, then I would knockback a different mob in the opposite direction the next time, every time. They walk back to you dumbass. Anyone that actually cares about how trash mobs are handled needs to seriously take inventory on their (numerous, I'm sure) issues .

Nah. They walk right by him because that piece of poo poo pubby hit the add he got one hit on and then the dps starred going ham on it. Thus requiring him to waste a taunt not needed. Lmao at se giving an off gcd knock back what purpose does it serve? Quelling strikes if you have aggro.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Boten Anna posted:

Warrior is amazing and after the initial dissapointment that a lot of your new skills are Deliverance copies of Defiance ones, I am finding out how just how amazing and "game changing" Deliverance is the more I play.

I'm with Gaga on this one, BLMs can keep their double and triple flares. Warriors get Fell Cleave and double Fell Cleave. Slapping a mob for 3K per swing in short succession is *amazing*, especially when you two-shot that equivalent-level mob that got in your way.

Deliverance basically fixes the problem that I had with WAR: Not feeling very powerful despite swinging around a gigantic gently caress-off axe.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It makes me wish that when you do things that are lower level you still have access to higher abilities, they just scale to the level you're at.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Nah. They walk right by him because that piece of poo poo pubby hit the add he got one hit on and then the dps starred going ham on it. Thus requiring him to waste a taunt not needed. Lmao at se giving an off gcd knock back what purpose does it serve? Quelling strikes if you have aggro.

Fluid aura is great (I assume this is the skill being discussed for the most part). Newbies just need some time to learn how to use it right. Against unmovable enemies or enemies against walls, it's literally free dps. It's also useful for positioning mobs during some fights and knocking people off the stage in pvp.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sarrisan posted:

Fluid aura is great (I assume this is the skill being discussed for the most part). Newbies just need some time to learn how to use it right. Against unmovable enemies or enemies against walls, it's literally free dps. It's also useful for positioning mobs during some fights and knocking people off the stage in pvp.

Machinists get a knockback off the GCD called blank, this is what is being discussed (what with all the Machinists about)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don't mind if they use it on bosses at all, that's great. It's kind of the same problem Dragoons have, where Leg Sweep is just itching to be pressed. The difference is Leg Sweep doesn't reposition things, which is ideal.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Fluid Aura is for trying to save the Gil Turtle from dumbass tanks.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I start using Blank on trash mobs if the tank repeatedly moves poo poo out of Bishop

gently caress you

E: and ill start using suppressive fire so you can bitch about stun diminishing returns, too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay it's not just me apparently machinist is the worst parsing dps in the game right now

sure am glad I blew all my leves and the first levels worth of MSQ xp on it!!

time to level dark knight and cry

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hit 60BLM yesterday. The class is amazing. Fire IV owns. Nailing Enochian owns. Doing 1000 DPS at i160 owns even more. SMN now have besser AoE but who cares.

Story was really good and the final zone/dungeons are the best. Neverreap sucks but whatever.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Fister Roboto posted:

Take a screenshot of the chat log and send in a GM ticket.

I think you'll find that that sort of player is in the minority, and the rest are more helpful than not, if only for a chance to get those sweet commendations at the end.

I would assume the GMs have access to the chat logs assuming you can give them a time and location.

Not sure how that works with instances though. Only time I reported someone, it was in the middle of Gredania. I only copy/pasted the logs

Report menu is buried somewhere in the in game help menu. I forgot that help menu existed until I had to report someone. Eyes just kind of glazed over it after almost these months.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eimi posted:

Whelp...having gotten 58 and to test Blizzard IV some. It's awful. The timing does not play nice with procs at all. Get more than 2 and you risk losing Enochian. Blizzard IV is also a long cast time so you have to bear that in mind too. It's damned inconvenient. Not looking forward to Fire IV for more micromanaging of timers, procs, and movement, especially when by virtue of being .5 longer than your normal casts the IV's make movement even worse. Unless there is something ludicriously amazing about Fire IV, it's look forward to 3.1 time for blms.

you're a gigantic idiot

Tildryn
Mar 18, 2009

Eimi posted:

I've been too busy chasing the story quest to level dark so no. And while I can agree in most ways it's a lot of they changed it now it sucks, they did take away most of why I enjoyed black mage in the first place, namely that it was by and large simple and uncomplicated. Maybe I'm just a scrub, but blm was a nice simple job in a game full of a lot of complicated ones. :shrug:

You're not alone, buddy. I liked the relatively straightforward style of BLM before, now it just seems so...busy.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

I just got to Zenith and watched a big cutscene and man the main story in this expansion seems to be a downer so far :smith:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tildryn posted:

You're not alone, buddy. I liked the relatively straightforward style of BLM before, now it just seems so...busy.

BLM was never simple, and maximizing DPS is just as difficult as for other classes.

It's not like you have to use Enochian or F4 either; the relative DPS loss to a skillcapped BLM won't be large for you two.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'd like to apologize in advance to all healers.

When I drop Ley Lines and an AoE immediately appears on me...I'm going to roll the dice that I can survive that hit. You understand, don't you?

(It's only going to get worse once I get Enochian)

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

It's too bad that Sole Survivor isn't the comedy button we were told it was, but at least it'll get used some now.

Fister Roboto posted:

Also, the -10% damage debuff from the DRK's Reprisal stacks with the WAR's Storm's Path.

Oh.
Oh.

I guess this makes sense since otherwise WAR and DRK wouldn't have much in the way of cooperative debuffs.
And now it makes sense that you can't get 100% uptime on Reprisal, or use it while not tanking anything, since you can achieve -30% magical damage dealt from a boss with DRK/WAR.
It would still be nice if there was some way of using it when you need it without having to hope for a timely parry, though. Maybe through Dark Arts.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I guess we'll get to see how good Yoshi and his team are at balancing now, because this poo poo with classes happens with literally every major MMO expansion/update ever. It took like 3 expansions for Blizzard to make Paladins not poo poo and then they ended up loving them up again anyway.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 22, 2015

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I just got Dreadwyrm Trance and basically have no idea how to use it on single targets. Best I can come up with is saving my Flow stacks til there's 30 secs left on the recast, then blowing through 3 Festers to get Trail stacks, and Raging > Dreadwyrm > Tri-Disaster > Fester > Ruin III spam > Fester > presumably Deathflare once I get it > Fester > Dreadwyrm > Ruin III spam > another Deathflare.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I'm glad to know my impeccable talent of picking the most worthless classes in games continues

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hivac posted:

I'm glad to know my impeccable talent of picking the most worthless classes in games continues

I'm sorry you're so intent on leveling gathering classes. Might I suggest a more entertaining combat class instead?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Mining has the best NPC name

Wide Gully

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Renegret posted:

I'd like to apologize in advance to all healers.

When I drop Ley Lines and an AoE immediately appears on me...I'm going to roll the dice that I can survive that hit. You understand, don't you?

(It's only going to get worse once I get Enochian)

No worries, I'd still just call the tank an idiot.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Ignimbrite posted:

Mining has the best NPC name

Wide Gully

Curious Gorge would like a word with you :colbert:.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

VanillaGorilla posted:

I guess we'll get to see how good Yoshi and his team are at balancing now, because this poo poo with classes happens with literally every major MMO expansion/update ever. It took like 3 expansions for Blizzard to make Paladins not poo poo and then they ended up loving them up again anyway.

We already saw, and they did a pretty good job with ARR.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

okay it's not just me apparently machinist is the worst parsing dps in the game right now

sure am glad I blew all my leves and the first levels worth of MSQ xp on it!!

time to level dark knight and cry

Who cares, play what you think is most fun.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Anyone having a problem with the cinematics where the voice acting sounds like it's being spoken behind a door in a giant hallway? the supposed fix is to start the client again but that's not working. I get full audio in the battles with the voice acting and the music isn't a problem.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I hit 60 BRD over the weekend and I don't quite understand why some folks are posting about Minuet being bad??

It's certainly taken some getting used to having to stand still, but you have off GCDs and Straighter Shot to use when you need to move, and all of the abilities that require Minuet are amazing. As it turns out, resetting two 80 TP dots with a 60 TP attack is pretty loving good.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Niton posted:

Scholar 52/54 are both fantastic. Scholar 56 is.. interesting sounding, but it really should be self-targetable, because it makes spreading Adlo a huge headache.

Scholar 58 and 60 both look very bad on paper, but I haven't gotten to try either.

A note for Deployment Tactics: Whilst you can't cast it on yourself, you can cast it on Selene.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 22, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I still haven't gotten tired of the animation for Mnk 56's Elixir Field and keep randomly using it still while running through towns :allears:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Demicol posted:

Who cares, play what you think is most fun.

This is a case of "does like 35% less than any other DPS in the game"

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hivac posted:

what class are you

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I got Wanders Minute last night and it's loving terrible. If I wanted to play a god drat caster I'd be BLM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hivac posted:

Where's the data on this being posted? I'm planning to main MCH come hell or high water and I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Also, if it's that much of a problem, then the dev team will know it and buff the gently caress out of them come 3.1.

• Locked thread