Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just got into this last week, enjoying it a bunch so far!

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

DizzyBum posted:

Where's the data on this being posted? I'm planning to main MCH come hell or high water and I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Also, if it's that much of a problem, then the dev team will know it and buff the gently caress out of them come 3.1.

It's still kind of vague but there's enough reports of MCH falling behind pretty badly in parses from several cases in different places.

I can also sorta speak from experience, I've had several situations where I was just stuck spamming my first attack for a good 10+ attempts while waiting for CDs.

Reco fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 22, 2015

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

I just got another email from GMG this morning with two 4-4-4-4 codes. I enter the first one, and it says it's already been used. (I assume that's the one I entered for EA) I enter second one, and it says it's not valid...

I'm probably loving up on where I'm entering the second code

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I got Wanders Minute last night and it's loving terrible. If I wanted to play a god drat caster I'd be BLM.

You should probably go beyond just Minuet to have an opinion on the ability. Minuet gives you access to a couple of abilities that are very strong and give you more off GCDs to use so you can move between shots if you need to while still doing damage.

Bard needed the damage boost, but being able to do high damage and basically ignore the consequences of any mechanic at the same time would have been overpowered. There are ways to get around mobility issues, and the cast times aren't that bad.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Pretty much every job feels bad / weird / gimped / not the fotm until you get 60. Do you forget how lovely your rotations were pre-50? Just keep leveling and it'll make sense at the end.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
So my net connection has been degrading bit by bit over the past couple of weeks until even with wtfast I can't guarantee doing something as simple as keeping greased lightning up on a stationary target

The lag presents itself mostly through me hitting an ability, watching it go off, and then the server deciding that I didn't do that and moving me backward in rotation. And then sometimes big spots of rubber band lag.

I'm gonna call the ISP today to try and get it fixed but if anyone has any idea what the problem could be so that I could better describe it to them Id appreciate it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Hit 60BLM yesterday. The class is amazing. Fire IV owns. Nailing Enochian owns. Doing 1000 DPS at i160 owns even more. SMN now have besser AoE but who cares.

Story was really good and the final zone/dungeons are the best. Neverreap sucks but whatever.

That's what i want to hear! I'm only at 54, but sure like ley lines and sharpcast seems like it'll be fun to learn how to properly use.

also, nice av. Fredrika owns

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

onesixtwo posted:

Pretty much every job feels bad / weird / gimped / not the fotm until you get 60. Do you forget how lovely your rotations were pre-50? Just keep leveling and it'll make sense at the end.

Oh god don't bring back my suppressed level 39 BLM memories.

Or really any BLM level after you get Blizzard3 but before 40.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

That's what i want to hear! I'm only at 54, but sure like ley lines and sharpcast seems like it'll be fun to learn how to properly use.

also, nice av. Fredrika owns
F4 changes a lot. While until 58 you just get some oGCD buffs and it still feels (barring MP fuckery) more or less like 50 BLM, F4 changes literally everything. Fire is delegated to refreshing stacks and Sharpcast is used in conjunction with leylines to get 3 F4 in before stacks expire. Also, Swiftcast is now an actual DPS cooldown. It's a lot of variables but overall really fun.

yes

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

KaneTW posted:

F4 changes a lot. While until 58 you just get some oGCD buffs and it still feels (barring MP fuckery) more or less like 50 BLM, F4 changes literally everything. Fire is delegated to refreshing stacks and Sharpcast is used in conjunction with leylines to get 3 F4 in before stacks expire. Also, Swiftcast is now an actual DPS cooldown. It's a lot of variables but overall really fun.

yes

Enocian is a 30 second buff with a 1 minute cooldown.

With the refreshing of the buff you get, under ideal circumstances, I'm assuming you can have 100% uptime of Enocian? I'm really excited about hitting 60 on BLM but I'm also kinda nervous about how difficult the rotation will be to keep up and what it means for someone like me who tends to occasionally make a stupid mistake.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone here run the non-Steam client through Steam and get the overlay working? On my old PC it wouldn't show that I was playing the game at all, with my new one it does but I still have no overlay but my wife right next to me does under almost identical circumstances.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone know yet where to get the Gaelikitten minion?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

onesixtwo posted:

Warrior starts working as soon as you get Fell Cleave and a new world opens.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is the Konaku guild in the OP still active? I went to the place but couldn't see anywhere to apply at the guild house or whatever it is. My character name is Tosspot McGee if anyone can invite me.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Tolth posted:

Warrior starts working as soon as you get Fell Cleave and a new world opens.

Yeah the instant you get Gravity Astrologian feels pretty drat good already. :v:

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Zerilan posted:

It drops from the chest on the last boss of the first story-required dungeon.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Renegret posted:

Enocian is a 30 second buff with a 1 minute cooldown.

With the refreshing of the buff you get, under ideal circumstances, I'm assuming you can have 100% uptime of Enocian? I'm really excited about hitting 60 on BLM but I'm also kinda nervous about how difficult the rotation will be to keep up and what it means for someone like me who tends to occasionally make a stupid mistake.

You refresh it once or twice (depending on circumstances (procs, movement)), let it fall off for a moment to reset the duration and reuse the ability.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zerilan posted:

Drop from the boss in the 2nd dungeon you unlock, I think.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I've been kind of hesitant about leveling BLM to 60 first since I've heard some doubts about it, but holy lord I just got ley lines at 52 and it's ridiculously fun. Seems like BLM and WAR are in good fun places, definitely be my first 60s.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I like the first new expansion primal and the sound track for it

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I don't like that I don't have the sound of the voice actors coming through even though I tried the fix but oh well whatever

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

KaneTW posted:

You refresh it once or twice (depending on circumstances (procs, movement)), let it fall off for a moment to reset the duration and reuse the ability.

Nice

This is doing to be awesome. I thought it was going to be yet another cooldown, but it turns out it's a complete game changer instead.

I am excite

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
"We'll take care of the monsters, you just mend our wounds"

I guess that's what I signed up for, thanks White Mage Class Quest NPCs.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The code GMG sent out this morning is definitely not a pre-order code since it's not 18-digit, not sure what's wrong there.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

MikeyLikesIt posted:

"We'll take care of the monsters, you just mend our wounds"

I guess that's what I signed up for, thanks White Mage Class Quest NPCs.

When you put it like that, it's really depressing. That's some Prometheus poo poo right there :smith:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Hivac posted:

It's still kind of vague but there's enough reports of MCH falling behind pretty badly in parses from several cases in different places.

I can also sorta speak from experience, I've had several situations where I was just stuck spamming my first attack for a good 10+ attempts while waiting for CDs.

The problem MCH has even at 60 is that a chance-based proc combo was a bad idea designed make you use reload to which means your actual honest to god combo is on a loving cooldown which is kinda baffling. On top of that MCH brings very few things to the table that BRD doesnt already do without doing them better.

Which is lovely. I love this class's style and I want to play it, but we're talking beyond outlier progression MCH problems I mean these are problems you can see with the class all the way from Haukke Manor to Turn 13. Reload and Clean Shot combo are just loving boned and they need to make them more consistent to START making MCH a worthwhile class outside of It Looks Cool and I Like Shooting Thing With a Gun (both good reasons imho)

One thing i will say is that Wildfire and Lead Shot apparently aren't being counted in parses which I think is part of the problem but not all of it

Kitfox88 posted:

Dark Knight Supremacy

Let me introduce you to my friend Fell Cleave, Queen Shitkicker of Fuckscrubs Mountain

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 22, 2015

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

biopanda posted:

I just got another email from GMG this morning with two 4-4-4-4 codes. I enter the first one, and it says it's already been used. (I assume that's the one I entered for EA) I enter second one, and it says it's not valid...

I'm probably loving up on where I'm entering the second code

Same thing. The first key listed in the e-mail was the same as my early access code, and says "Already Registered", which makes sense. The 2nd key is a new key, but is also returning an "Invalid Key" error. They might not be active yet.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

GMG just sent me my codes. Two codes in AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD EEEE format. First one was my original EA key, second was Heavensward itself.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Rei_ posted:

The problem MCH has even at 60 is that a chance-based proc combo was a bad idea designed make you use reload to which means your actual honest to god combo is on a loving cooldown which is kinda baffling. On top of that MCH brings very few things to the table that BRD doesnt already do without doing them better.

Which is lovely. I love this class's style and I want to play it, but we're talking beyond outlier progression MCH problems I mean these are problems you can see with the class all the way from Haukke Manor to Turn 13. Reload and Clean Shot combo are just loving boned and they need to make them more consistent to START making MCH a worthwhile class outside of It Looks Cool and I Like Shooting Thing With a Gun (both good reasons imho)

I've been looking up information on this because I'm at school and bored between classes, and some people are saying that you need to get gauss barrel before you can really judge MCH DPS because it's a big game changer, which is to be expected. The problem with that is that right now gauss barrel is a dps decrease because you trade about 30% of your dps in AAs for 20% increased damage on abilities. I'm not great at math, though, so maybe it really does even out at some point. Maybe you can drop guass barrel after dropping dots and your ammunition combo with some cooldowns and then put it back on when you've gotten a proc and your ammo back?

Also you still need to have balanced damage in low level content because they want everyone to be regularly going back and doing old content, so having a dps just be lovely at everything before 52 isn't cool. Last night I did a stone vigil run that took more than 45 minutes to finish with two Machinists. We didn't wipe on anything, and I wasn't pulling any differently than I do for other groups that take in the neighborhood of 30 minutes or so. It's been pretty consistent across all of the lower level dungeons that I've done for DRK that having a machinist in the group means the dungeon will take an extra 5-10 minutes, and having two of them guarantees it'll take an extra 15 or so. DRK feels like it's doing about the damage of a WAR, but even if I was just spamming flash for threat and doing no damage at all it wouldn't account for that much extra time.

On the other hand, DRK is baller as hell, definitely an A++ would roll again class.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Foodchain posted:

Same thing. The first key listed in the e-mail was the same as my early access code, and says "Already Registered", which makes sense. The 2nd key is a new key, but is also returning an "Invalid Key" error. They might not be active yet.

Oh okay, I figured it out.

Don't use the "Enter Item Code". You want to use the big red button that says "Enter Expansion Code". Location of button is highlighted below. Mine says "Enter Upgrade" since I already redeemed the key. Good luck.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

GMG just sent me my codes. Two codes in AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD EEEE format. First one was my original EA key, second was Heavensward itself.

Same, worked fine. Do as above and hit the glaringly obvious ENTER EXPANSION CODE button.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Foodchain posted:

Oh okay, I figured it out.

Don't use the "Enter Item Code". You want to use the big red button that says "Enter Expansion Code". Location of button is highlighted below. Mine says "Enter Upgrade" since I already redeemed the key. Good luck.

How the hell did I miss this, I though it might just be me being really dumb.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mr E posted:

How the hell did I miss this, I though it might just be me being really dumb.

It's like when apple makes some feature that's so simple and intuitive you just don't think of it unless someone tells you. It took me like a year to find out that double tapping the circle button brings up all of the active processes on my iphone. It's a pretty humbling moment.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Bought this during summer sales, gave up on getting in to Excaliber pretty fast and rolled on Hyperion. Goddamn this game is so pretty! :magical:

Cant wait to shoot dudes as a magical, turret using gunslinger. :ocelot:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

For me it's not the rotation, it's the class feels like poo poo with cast times. I'm sure it's more tolerable once you get everything, but that probably won't change my real problem with it

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I've been looking up information on this because I'm at school and bored between classes, and some people are saying that you need to get gauss barrel before you can really judge MCH DPS because it's a big game changer, which is to be expected. The problem with that is that right now gauss barrel is a dps decrease because you trade about 30% of your dps in AAs for 20% increased damage on abilities. I'm not great at math, though, so maybe it really does even out at some point. Maybe you can drop guass barrel after dropping dots and your ammunition combo with some cooldowns and then put it back on when you've gotten a proc and your ammo back?

Also you still need to have balanced damage in low level content because they want everyone to be regularly going back and doing old content, so having a dps just be lovely at everything before 52 isn't cool. Last night I did a stone vigil run that took more than 45 minutes to finish with two Machinists. We didn't wipe on anything, and I wasn't pulling any differently than I do for other groups that take in the neighborhood of 30 minutes or so. It's been pretty consistent across all of the lower level dungeons that I've done for DRK that having a machinist in the group means the dungeon will take an extra 5-10 minutes, and having two of them guarantees it'll take an extra 15 or so. DRK feels like it's doing about the damage of a WAR, but even if I was just spamming flash for threat and doing no damage at all it wouldn't account for that much extra time.

On the other hand, DRK is baller as hell, definitely an A++ would roll again class.

Funnily enough, I gave up on MCH at level 52 because my damage kept continuing to fall off even after getting Gauss Barrel. I cleared the Halatali quest in about half of the amount of time on 51 DRG that it took for me to make it to the end on MCH and die.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Thyrork posted:

Bought this during summer sales, gave up on getting in to Excaliber pretty fast and rolled on Hyperion. Goddamn this game is so pretty! :magical:

Cant wait to shoot dudes as a magical, turret using gunslinger. :ocelot:

Getting on Excalibur was easy enough that I ran off to another server for five months.
I'm back though, on vacation because I'm tired of my normal FC.
Leveling up my crocodile, maybe you will see Hayl Kattan around.
Hi.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Rei_ posted:

Let me introduce you to my friend Fell Cleave, Queen Shitkicker of Fuckscrubs Mountain

Deets, I've been powerleveling DRK because I love huge swords, so my WAR is still only at 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

It's like No Seriously, People Smarter Than Us are Looking at Machinist and Scratching Their Heads Because There Are Problems That Make No Sense, Trust Us

Kitfox88 posted:

Deets, I've been powerleveling DRK because I love huge swords, so my WAR is still only at 50

It's a 500 potency attack that uses Abandon Stacks, it like, makes things loving explode. It's pretty rad

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 22, 2015

• Locked thread