Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cyron posted:

Final fantasy XIII is on sale for 8 dollars, is it wroth it?

Absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Buy FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns on PS3/360 and once again when it launches on PC, thank you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zakharov posted:

There's a mandatory Kimahri solo fight that can bite you in the rear end if you never use him, just FYI

I think that fight scales, and the only thing that might be worth it is to make sure Kimhari has steal at that point because you can steal some cool stuff from that 'boss' fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aurain posted:

Buy FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns on PS3/360 and once again when it launches on PC, thank you.

Give me Lightning Returns on PC instead of patches for the FFXV demo, Sqaure.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have devised a simple question for Square-Enix employees to figure out whether or not what they are currently doing is more important than Lightning Returns PC.

1. Will this result in the player being able to make Lightning wear a hat?
Yes/No

If no, stop working immediately and swap teams.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

don't worry man, you'll finish it soon and you can play the far superior FFX-2

heck, you should just go do that

:chanpop:

I remember buying X-2 when it came out and hating it so much that I returned it the same day.

Well I'm not going to jump into X-2 right away but I'm going to fix that mistake eventually. After I finish this "mistake" of playing X first or whatever.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Skeezy posted:

I remember buying X-2 when it came out and hating it so much that I returned it the same day.

Well I'm not going to jump into X-2 right away but I'm going to fix that mistake eventually. After I finish this "mistake" of playing X first or whatever.

FFX is very good. FFX-2 is better.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Back on Matsuno chat for a while, his stories have always been about the unsung heroes, at least as far as Ivalice is concerned. Ramza died a 'traitor' and the truth didn't come out until long after it mattered. The events of Marche's adventure would never be remembered and even in the context of the plot of the false Ivalice, he would never be remembered for any of what he did. In FFXII, the big political war serves as a backdrop to Ashe's personal journey of overcoming vengeance and sorrow. Throwing off humanities shackles in an event that no one will know about this is encapsulated by Basche taking Gabranths identity rather than his own. Because people can't be told the truth.

FFT isn't about the War of the Lions, FFTA isn't about the Guild fights, FFXII isn't about the war between the Empire and Dalmascus. Those are stories happening IN the worlds at the time of the current story, but they are not the story of the games. The Games have always been following the stories that don't get into the history books. Which is why I've always laughed at the 'Vaan has no plot relevance' thing. Because his entire point in the plot is to serve as foil and aid to Ashe, who's personal journey is far more important than anyone elses. Hilariously in a game about unsung heroes, he's a completely unsung hero because rather than raise the sword and fight the good fight, the greatest thing he ever accomplished was telling someone who was all too much like him that being angry and taking revenge wasn't going to bring anyone back. It was by calming down.

I honestly feel that FFXII has a lot of the FFVII problems that a lot of people don't actually remember the game. They know what happens and are vaguely aware of the plot, but what actually happened has pretty much escaped them.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The PC port of FFVII comes out for the PS4 on October 16th. Price is $16.99

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How many times do you want me to buy that game, Square?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

At least three if you include the remake and the iOS version of the original

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skeezy posted:

17 dollars? Have they lost their mind?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Onmi posted:

the greatest thing he ever accomplished was telling someone who was all too much like him that being angry and taking revenge wasn't going to bring anyone back. It was by calming down.

That seems like something an NPC could have told a player-controlled Ashe in a really detailed and poignant cutscene and not delivered by a character no one cared about and no one continues to care about.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

If it has a platinum trophy I might buy it because I'm a dumb idiot

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Skeezy posted:

If it really the PC version, will it still have the grainy backgrounds art?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How the gently caress is a port of a ps1 game being delayed 6 months

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

bloodychill posted:

That seems like something an NPC could have told a player-controlled Ashe in a really detailed and poignant cutscene and not delivered by a character no one cared about and no one continues to care about.

Not really, it's Vaan's past and his similarities to Ashe which makes it work. You do not have to like a character, because obviously you don't have to like anything. But there's a difference between not liking something and being wrong. If you don't like Vaan? it's fine. If you think he's not relevant or can remove him from the game, you're just wrong.

Tae posted:

Well I thought the plan would be to release the remake, and when everyone innevitably hates it because it can't live up to the hype, even if it's a direct... transcription? of the original game? People are going to hate it. Anyway, then you release the port and it's like "Well you didn't like that, here's that thing you like." and profit!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

isn't that still pretty much the price it's going for on Steam when there isn't a sale?

Skeezy posted:

it's not a mistake, as they are both good games, and it would make less sense to play then backwards. definitely try to get past all the anime of X-2 though, if you're not a fan of it, because there is a lot of fun to be had

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

isn't that still pretty much the price it's going for on Steam when there isn't a sale?

it's not a mistake, as they are both good games, and it would make less sense to play then backwards. definitely try to get past all the anime of X-2 though, if you're not a fan of it, because there is a lot of fun to be had

It's £10 on the UK Steam so sounds about right.

gently caress that though, talk about cashing out on suckers.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tae posted:

Probably realized that the PS4 doesn't natively support the low effort MIDIs they'll put in the PS4 version because Square-Enix are dumb so they spent time developing a custom soundfont to play them only to realize it's probably a better idea to just use the PS1 version's music.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

Why if you factor in the emotional trauma from being stolen from and punched in the gut simultaneously then that's a steal!

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Onmi posted:

Back on Matsuno chat for a while, his stories have always been about the unsung heroes, at least as far as Ivalice is concerned. Ramza died a 'traitor' and the truth didn't come out until long after it mattered. The events of Marche's adventure would never be remembered and even in the context of the plot of the false Ivalice, he would never be remembered for any of what he did. In FFXII, the big political war serves as a backdrop to Ashe's personal journey of overcoming vengeance and sorrow. Throwing off humanities shackles in an event that no one will know about this is encapsulated by Basche taking Gabranths identity rather than his own. Because people can't be told the truth.

FFT isn't about the War of the Lions, FFTA isn't about the Guild fights, FFXII isn't about the war between the Empire and Dalmascus. Those are stories happening IN the worlds at the time of the current story, but they are not the story of the games. The Games have always been following the stories that don't get into the history books. Which is why I've always laughed at the 'Vaan has no plot relevance' thing. Because his entire point in the plot is to serve as foil and aid to Ashe, who's personal journey is far more important than anyone elses. Hilariously in a game about unsung heroes, he's a completely unsung hero because rather than raise the sword and fight the good fight, the greatest thing he ever accomplished was telling someone who was all too much like him that being angry and taking revenge wasn't going to bring anyone back. It was by calming down.

I honestly feel that FFXII has a lot of the FFVII problems that a lot of people don't actually remember the game. They know what happens and are vaguely aware of the plot, but what actually happened has pretty much escaped them.

In a similar vein FFX is basically all about Tidus overcoming his daddy issues, and saving Spira from the cycle of destruction happens to come along with that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Why if you factor in the emotional trauma from being stolen from and punched in the gut simultaneously then that's a steal!

Are you saying Yuffie works at Square-Enix?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She actually runs the company right now which is why everything is so crazy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

morallyobjected posted:

That's also a ripoff then

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

According to the Square Enix store page VII might be $15 not $17 so there you go.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow, what a savings!

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
when is the ff7 remake supposed to come out??

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

corn in the fridge posted:

No one knows

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Not before Uematsu dies, I'm guessing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2017 at the absolute earliest.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

When the chocobos come home.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It might make it onto PS5 if we're lucky.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
According to Adam Boyes, the Remake has been in plans as early as last E3.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
If Nomura is in charge we can expect to play the Remake on Playstation 9 with brain spores.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tae posted:

According to Adam Boyes, the Remake has been in plans as early as last E3.

Isn't this the company that planned FF13 and then didn't do anything to it for like 3 years?

I'm not sure what S-E plans actually count for.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'll go ahead and guess 7/7/17.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They count for more than they used to because they are more often than not keeping people up to date on a game's status than they used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electromax posted:

I'll go ahead and guess 7/7/17.

More like 7/7/77