Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

Buttmetal Asschemist: Sisterhood

Fat/Thick Butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

D. Ebdrup posted:

If you like beautifully drawn slice-of-life with engaging characters, I recommend Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou:

I've seen this recommended a lot, and anyone who likes it should check out Kabu no Isaki by the same author. It's completed now and the ending is a bit crappy, but it's mostly a very chill slice of life about aeroplane pilots.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jagan wa Gachirin ni Tobu/Wicked Eyes Fly to the Full Moon

It's a short manga(7 chapters) about an owl that kills everything it looks at and the people hunting it down. It's really good and the art is fantastic whenever the owl is involved. It's also by the guy who did Ushio to Tora.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Good manga, shame the translation is so stilted

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The translation kind of reminds me of Baki in some places because it's so insanely overwrought and super-dramatic.

AND YET...NOBODY WAS SURPRISED THAT EVERYONE HAD DROPPED DEAD

BECAUSE NOT A SINGLE PERSON WAS LEFT ALIIIIIIIIIVE

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

MrCinos posted:

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

>

It's a good time to start reading this gem of a manga since the translation/scanlation has been completed recently.

uh. This series is amazing.

There are so many concepts of magic being shown where we don't have to know how it works, but I am glad they don't go into the details for the majority of them.

My absolute favorite character with the greatest concept was the teacher that could use no magic (holy poo poo, the reveal at the door) but knew how it worked and actually teach students the subject through theory instead of demonstration. Then the part where she disrupted a young crow's powers for months because she knew how his magic worked, drat. At that point it made you realize she was feared by Lord Zen. She reminded me so much like the Sylar character in Heroes just without the brain goo.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kyomu Senki

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Takeo-chan Bukkairoku

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

It's a manga about gambling... but he uses cunning and wits to win big by manipulating his opponents. More importantly, he's part of a gambling den where he puts his literal life on the line when he plays.

I've only read the first chapter, but it perfectly fit that Liar Game shaped hole in my heart.

vv True. It's called Usogui

This is all I needed to hear.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What the heck was up with the ending to liar game a few months back. All of a sudden it's like, okay series over. or is it...? yes, yes it is. Goodbye everybody!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Krinkle posted:

What the heck was up with the ending to liar game a few months back. All of a sudden it's like, okay series over. or is it...? yes, yes it is. Goodbye everybody!

I liked the idea of the ending, but it was awkwardly abrupt. It had all the impact of wet paper.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My understanding is that the author has been having health issues, which led to the long hiatus before and probably are related to this, too.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
It's been almost thirty pages of this thread since someone has posted Kakukaku Shikajika, and since then this work has won the 2015 Manga Taishō award. It's an autobiographical piece by Akiko Higashimura, the author of Kuragehime. It's interesting and heartbreaking and all too relatable, and I just read the whole drat thing over two days. I am very glad that I read it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Guys. Guys. GUYS.

Kenshiro, M.D.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"You're already dead. So I operated on you and brought you back to life."

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hinamatsuri is a pretty heartwarming story about a Yakuza who finds an Esper girl and proceeds to take care of her.

It's also very funny.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Did anyone ever go back and retranslate the early chapters of that that were borderline unreadable?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yes, but a few were skipped

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Ratman is about a boy who grows up wanting to be a hero, but is recruited by an evil organisation (with the best minions ever) instead.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

dordreff posted:

(with the best minions ever)

Absolute truth. They had me in stitches at times.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
12 new chapters of Yuricam just came out, it's a comedy series about a now-destitute rich girl at a fabulous all-girls college who becomes a gigolette and conquers the women of the college to keep food in her stomach, and finds she has a talent for it. It's very silly. I completely forgot it existed since there hasn't been an update in two years.

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

rizzen posted:

Absolute truth. They had me in stitches at times.

The football scene was perfect.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Captain Invictus posted:

12 new chapters of Yuricam just came out, it's a comedy series about a now-destitute rich girl at a fabulous all-girls college who becomes a gigolette and conquers the women of the college to keep food in her stomach, and finds she has a talent for it. It's very silly. I completely forgot it existed since there hasn't been an update in two years.

It's been updating at Dynasty Scans's reader. Kissmanga just hasn't grabbed the updates until now.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

dordreff posted:

Ratman is about a boy who grows up wanting to be a hero, but is recruited by an evil organisation (with the best minions ever) instead.

Are the early chapters of Ratman still unreadable? I remember reading the first couple chapters and enjoying it a lot, then the translation groups switched and it became total nonsense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kaja Rainbow posted:

It's been updating at Dynasty Scans's reader. Kissmanga just hasn't grabbed the updates until now.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Hellsau posted:

Are the early chapters of Ratman still unreadable? I remember reading the first couple chapters and enjoying it a lot, then the translation groups switched and it became total nonsense.

I don't remember the early chapters being bad, but I don't think I've ever seen any of it get retranslated either, so probably?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yuricam is extremely silly and fun. It is aso :nws:.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 21, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Awww I got hopeful that there was a bunch more yuricam to read, but oh well.

That said Yuricam is hilarious in how ridiculous it is.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's fascinating how different the You're Under Arrest manga is from the anime. I'm happy someone who can put out chapters regularly picked it up.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 23, 2015

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Blhue posted:

I don't remember the early chapters being bad, but I don't think I've ever seen any of it get retranslated either, so probably?

I've read some scans and apparently there was a group translating it from the taiwanese and it was pretty bad. But another group did some of the early chapters from I presume the Japanese version or at least had a really good editor.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Guyver posted:

It's fascinating how different the You're Under Arrest manga is from the anime. I'm happy someone who can put out chapters regularly picked it up.

Wait, is this manga like from when YAUA came out?? It looks super sharp and modern for being so old!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yeah. It's from the second volume of the original manga which came out six or seven years before the OVA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I gotta loving read this now.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

wooow. uh yeah very different vibe from the show

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah doesn't she arm-wrestle a terrorist in the OVA?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, with those sound effects, I kinda had to check whether that was from an official translation or not. That is a lot of really good effort.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

The 2 Dark Horse volumes I got must have come from later chapters, they all have Miyuki and Natsumi's final designs.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

For some reason Fujishima only wanted certain chapters from volumes six and seven released in the US.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
He did the same thing with AMG, forcing Dark Horse to skip like 2-3 volumes worth in the beginning because of the artwork or whatever. It later got published anyway by DH though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Kyokou Suiri

• Locked thread