Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Chaotic Neutral posted:

Note to self: trying to fight Forza and Magissa with White Mages at level 5 is stupid. Doable, but stupid.

Keep Silence up on Magissa to keep her from casting, and make sure you're got the flail from the Ship Graveyard. I actually didn't find it too tedious. Then again I think I was twice your level, which may have helped. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Okay, I just finished the Fire Ship. All my jobs are Berserkers. How do I beat the Sandworm other than getting something from the job fair or just trusting to luck?
And for that matter, Byblos/library?

If you value your sanity, use the job fair. Your only other option is grinding. Lots and lots of grinding.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Just finished Fire Ship, Knight/Mystic Knight/Ninja so far. This is my first run of the game period (though I've played Bravely Default) and I'm assuming this is a pretty solid loadout. I've just brute forced pretty much everything and damage raced the Living Flame with Ice Sword.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Archaeoaevis... Archaeoaevis was just terrible. My class's available at the time were Ranger and Bard (other 2 are dancer). And Bard's weapon options are daggers, and Ranger's weapon options are daggers and bows.

But all the buyable bows that do damage (Silver Bow is terrible) available at the time are elemental.

Which Archaeoaevis' undead form absorbs.

Eventually I just gave up and spent like 3 hours grinding for Dark Bows.

Amusingly, nothing afterwards has been too hard, because Sword Dance is awesome.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

And that's how Apandas are made, kids! Yaaaaaay!

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

Samuel Clemens posted:

If you value your sanity, use the job fair. Your only other option is grinding. Lots and lots of grinding.

Ehh, I've never had a problem with grinding. I thought that I couldn't reach Crescent Island until after that, though - at least I have a full brace of Death Sickles.

EDIT: Sand Worm is vulnerable to the death sickle, isn't he?

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 22, 2015

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kyrosiris posted:

And that's how Apandas are made, kids! Yaaaaaay!

:gonk:

The more I think about it, the more I am super stoked that I got White Mage first for my 750 Berserker Risk. It'll guarantee me Berserker for my water job, which is fine along with white mage. I'll either get Geomancer - which will sync nicely with white mage - or Bard - which owns all the time always - for my fire job, and I'll either get Dancer (crazy sync with berserker) or Chemist (lololol) for Earth. Guaranteed good time!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Poque posted:

The more I think about it, the more I am super stoked that I got White Mage first for my 750 Berserker Risk. It'll guarantee me Berserker for my water job, which is fine along with white mage. I'll either get Geomancer - which will sync nicely with white mage - or Bard - which owns all the time always - for my fire job, and I'll either get Dancer (crazy sync with berserker) or Chemist (lololol) for Earth. Guaranteed good time!

Or you could end up with a team of White Mage/Berserker/Berserker/Berserker. :getin:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Maleketh posted:

Or you could end up with a team of White Mage/Berserker/Berserker/Berserker. :getin:

I think I can only get one berserker on a 750 play, it's chaos/random that will grab all the extra berserkers.

I'd be totally fine with that, though. :getin:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Samuel Clemens posted:

On the other hand, why would you throw away the opportunity to win with 4 berserkers in a fiesta by using the job fair?

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

Maleketh posted:

Keep Silence up on Magissa to keep her from casting, and make sure you're got the flail from the Ship Graveyard. I actually didn't find it too tedious. Then again I think I was twice your level, which may have helped. :v:
Yeah, the level difference is pretty significant. High flail rolls were like.. mid-40s on Magissa and rarely 30+ on Forza. She actually wound up running out of MP. :v:

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

Mirthless posted:

On the other hand, why would you throw away the opportunity to win with 4 berserkers in a fiesta by using the job fair?

Because the 4 berserker run is really, really boring to play. Still stopped at the Sandworm.

EDIT: I had forgotten that this problem had already been solved by Orange Fluffy Sheep, at least in terms of improving my chances. I guess I'll follow that example.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 22, 2015

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I think I can only get one berserker on a 750 play, it's chaos/random that will grab all the extra berserkers.

I'd be totally fine with that, though. :getin:

I don't know if what I said was true, but I tweeted ahead and ended up with White Mage / Berserker / Geomancer / Dancer. Hm. Hm hm hm.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

This means I win, right?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Seravadon posted:

This means I win, right?

Depends if that last one is chemist or not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just got my water job in my chaos zerkrisk run

so far

Red Mage and Berserker.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Seravadon posted:

This means I win, right?

yeah pretty much

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Is it worth grinding for Elixirs in the Ship Graveyard with 4 White Mages?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

After grinding to level 40, I've still died 50 times to Sandworm.

e: not hyperbole

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
Question!

I just got my Water job (Berserker :frogc00l:) and now, do I have to have two berserkers and two Blue Mages, or can I have any combination at all (like, three Blue Mages one berserker, three berserkers one blue mage, as long as I have at least one of each)?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ilyich posted:

Is it worth grinding for Elixirs in the Ship Graveyard with 4 White Mages?

Probably not, you can go back to the ship graveyard (or the wind shrine) to go for them once you've gotten your second job which should improve your damage output unless you get time mage.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

KharlanTree posted:

Question!

I just got my Water job (Berserker :frogc00l:) and now, do I have to have two berserkers and two Blue Mages, or can I have any combination at all (like, three Blue Mages one berserker, three berserkers one blue mage, as long as I have at least one of each)?

Any combination. Three Blue Mages is a very nice choice here.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Time to see if level 30 and four Angel Rings is enough for Soul Cannon!

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Okay, from a Random run, we've got Knight, Thief, Blue Mage, Red Mage. Not bad, though I'm going to have to do a bit of backtracking in order to get the Blue Mage stuff.

Byblos is vulnerable to Death Claw, right?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

What a goddamn hero this guy is

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Gettin' a late start.

Bring it.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Blastinus posted:

Byblos is vulnerable to Death Claw, right?

He is. Enjoy your easy win.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

At this rate, only 250 more to go! :shepicide:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Huh, guess I had a bit of overkill and underestimated how awesome Barehanded is in world 1, I didn't even get hit by a single beam on Soul Cannon, he was taken down long before that happened. Still, I don't regret all the grinding, it definitely helped. And showed how ridiculous DD's plan to take down Archeoaevis with a Counter was, since I was two levels below what he was and took it out in about a minute, as opposed to him sitting there for five minutes waiting for a Counter.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah that was a common theme throughout his run

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
Time Mage/Berserker/Berserker/Berserker :getin:

This should be interesting.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So final team is Monk/Berserker/Berserker/Dragoon.

I mean I guess having two guys to throw Hi-Potions is better than one but...still.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Hey i wanna like, confirm a thing. so my first job is blackmage, i need to always have ONE blackmage till i get to the next crystal. can I have the other 3 guys as whatever wind jobs to get abilities?

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Nah, you should have all 4 guys as your first job. Then once you get a second, you need at least one black mage and at least one of the second job, though everybody needs to be either a black mage or the second job, and so on until you have one of each of the four jobs you get assigned.

(EDIT) You can switch your guys around between the four jobs you are assigned to level abilities and such, you're just always supposed to have one of each once you have all four jobs. Before you get all your jobs you just need to always have your team members as some combination of the jobs you've been assigned up to that point.

Jack Van Burace fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 22, 2015

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
What's the earliest point that I can get White Wind with the dancing dagger? It's not until world 3, right? I don't have a beastmaster or a reliable source of confusion so I've had to pass on the easy ones so far. Hellraisers have to be controlled to cast it, right?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Can you guys speak to any important "missables"? I don't know if there's any important sidequests to do before leaving world 1, for example.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Poulpe posted:

Can you guys speak to any important "missables"? I don't know if there's any important sidequests to do before leaving world 1, for example.

Healing staff from Tycoon is a pretty big one if you have someone who can use it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
The only things you can really miss in the first two worlds are quality of life items, and for the most part those aren't important unless you're playing a really, really gimped party. If you have a blue mage, read a guide, if you have a chemist you should probably farm turtle shells and dragon fangs to 99 before world 3. I believe there's good spots for both of these in world 2, but I don't have the spawns list in front of me.

Oh, and the Metamorphs in Ghido's cave in World 2 drop a staff that boosts Holy that you can't easily get otherwise, if you have a white mage you really need to farm it

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Mirthless posted:

The only things you can really miss in the first two worlds are quality of life items, and for the most part those aren't important unless you're playing a really, really gimped party. If you have a blue mage, read a guide, if you have a chemist you should probably farm turtle shells and dragon fangs to 99 before world 3. I believe there's good spots for both of these in world 2, but I don't have the spawns list in front of me.

Knight, R.Mage, Bard, ???

I haven't had any trouble with anything yet, but I haven't the slightest clue what I'm going to do with that bard once it finally unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Mirthless posted:

What's the earliest point that I can get White Wind with the dancing dagger? It's not until world 3, right? I don't have a beastmaster or a reliable source of confusion so I've had to pass on the easy ones so far. Hellraisers have to be controlled to cast it, right?

They cast it when confused, I'm pretty sure.

• Locked thread