Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

radical meme posted:

Someone posted an article that said Trump didn't have to file paperwork until mid-October. Is this correct? Is that the final drop dead date for Trump to actually put up or shut up?

He has to file within 15 days of conducting "campaign activities". The FEC is pretty toothless, but I think it will be hard to argue that his Trump Tower launch event was not a "campaign activity".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

radical meme posted:

Someone posted an article that said Trump didn't have to file paperwork until mid-October. Is this correct? Is that the final drop dead date for Trump to actually put up or shut up?

That's only the case if he hasn't already made the yoogest, most luxurious presidential announcement in the history of mankind. He has about a week or so prior to his announcement to file or it becomes a legal issue.

Edit: Beaten, of course, with more accurate information.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Joementum posted:

Trump has still not filed paperwork with the FEC :ssh:

Don't kill the dream, Joe. Don't be that guy.

If he didn't, though, would he be the first candidate in history for a major party to declare he was running then never actually fill out the paperwork necessary? Cause that just sounds like something Trump would do.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Anybody can run on your garden variety conspiracy theorist platform, but Zoltan is basically the leader of some video game faction in one of those alternate history games, so he's the independent weirdo to follow, I think.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alter Ego posted:

Don't kill the dream, Joe. Don't be that guy.

Don't worry! HOT OFF THE PRESS! :toot: :dance:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

Is this the first candidate to have an Inc as name of campaign?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
He's going to get a bunch of washed-up celebrities to run his campaign, film it all, and then when it finally implodes release a new season of Celebrity Apprentice: Campaign Edition.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is this the first candidate to have an Inc as name of campaign?

If he is, it's pretty fitting IMO.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Logikv9 posted:

He's going to get a bunch of washed-up celebrities to run his campaign, film it all, and then when it finally implodes release a new season of Celebrity Apprentice: Campaign Edition.

I would watch that.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Found it. The article was talking about the filing of his financial disclosures with a put-up or shut-up date in mid-October and speculated that Trump would never file the disclosure and drop out before doing so. Still lets him participate in the first debate.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Well he has now, so I am just going to go ahead and turn the apocalypse clock 1 minute closer to midnight.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It appears Mike Huckabee was on Meet the Press, and is very mad that people are asking him questions about news stories on that program. It's those gotcha journalists again!

e; whoops, looks like I'm a day late - I imagine this was probably posted yesterday!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I like how that sack of poo poo is subtly trying to compare the church shooting to Baltimore, with the "see! They're not protesting or burning things!", as though there isn't an enormous difference between those situations, if they're even comparable at all.

gently caress Huck.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

We need a Trump "it's happening" .gif.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Has there ever been such an entertaining primary season?

That rap battle thread in '08 was pretty awesome, as was comparing Hillary and Obama to the Sandman comic.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

That rap battle thread in '08 was pretty awesome.

I was nearly in tears when Guiliani leapt on stage to interrupt only to just shout "9-11!" over and over until (I think) someone clocked him with a beer bottle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I just don't understand why so many Republican voters want another Bush. I'd get it if it was a relative of a good/decent President. Is he only leading right now due to name recognition or do people really want the country to look more like it did in 2001-2008?

Maybe they think Jeb Bush is "one of the good ones"... :downsrim: :laffo: :lol::lol:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"I am glad @nikkihaley is calling for the Confederate flag to come down. I support her decision - SKW"

SKW = Scott Kevin Walker.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We need a Trump "it's happening" .gif.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Hmmm, I know he waited until the coast was clear and Haley actually decided to do something but I still think this hurts him in the primary (especially South Carolina)

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

Someone called him out on it (can't remember who). Trump or one of his lackeys was whining about it on Twitter.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*clicks stopwatch*

Fourteen minutes from call to response. So let's just set that right now as the over/under for Trump's talk time in the first debate.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Under. He won't make it into the grownups debate because not enough people are willing to register as Republicans to get him into it. At the kiddy debate he'll be shouted down and eaten by Chris Christie (who certainly has the gravitas but won't have the votes to get into the real debate) inside the first ten minutes. Christie will wear his scalp as a wig at the next debate.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:swoon:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Signed, "Donald Harruummph"

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Fun fact: the call center I work at collects the data for NBC/WSJ polls. I have to talk to these people 5 days a week.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Joementum posted:

The Rand Paul Super PAC that brought you a monster-truck themed ad has had a busy weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdNSOlwLqEk

The Little Dog isn't nearly as amusing as his father:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXCZVmQ74OA

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

funtax posted:

How is this not a wholesale ripoff of this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQI_jiNnEgs

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

It should really break tables and auto play "We are the Champions".

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Logikv9 posted:

This actually seems like a really great idea, but I'm wondering how the show will get around the reality of Donald Trump LOSING to someone else. It seems like the Id of Trump could never let even the scent of loss anywhere near him, let alone on television.

I'm glad he filed, but part of me was hoping Trump would serve as an over-the-top challenge to the FECs authority. I was hoping he would call their bluff about campaign finance laws and see if anything happens - it would have been more notable than Bush's slimy approach to evading the laws, and it would have gained him lots of publicity.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

bpower posted:

It should really break tables and auto play "We are the Champions".

I like that it stops suddenly.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wow, "he" actually played it off. Woulda figured he'd blow up.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Mike Huckabee encouraging homosexual relationships? Call Fox.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

The whole argument that Hillary was deceived into the war and really had no other choice but to vote yes falls apart when her competition in the primary said this at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFw1btbkLM

I really can't express how, on a cultural level, Bernie Sanders' voice and face and substance makes me feel. I will probably cry at his concession speech.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

funtax posted:

Don't forget the guy who did the Pokemon theme song is a Ron Paul supporter and did a version for his campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVjfa0Alz5o

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dilkington posted:

I really can't express how, on a cultural level, Bernie Sanders' voice and face and substance makes me feel. I will probably cry at his concession speech.

At least he's unlikely to die of cancer in the immediate future... :unsmith:

Jack Layton Never Forget :canada:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

site posted:

Wow, "he" actually played it off. Woulda figured he'd blow up.
He did imply the person who asked the question was himself gay, and we all know how Huckabee feels about gays.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What do grandchildren have to do with being gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Wrong question. Should have asked him if he was a closeted pedophile.

• Locked thread