Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
New Update Time

New Episode
Episode 046 – "KH2 FM HD: Collectathon Part 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

For the record my final words were, "Also don't worry Arcturus, you can have half of my check...1 bug."

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 20, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time! Also, we finally continue with the plot! YAY!!!! No new journal entries though.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 047 – "KH2 FM HD: Sniper Joe"

New Episode
Episode 047 – "KH2 FM HD: Sniper Joe"

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Man did I miss a lot. We are Alfred in the world that never was?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm gonna have to get a better microphone, sorry about that. :doh:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I find it funny how much Naruto keeps be brought up even with me not there. :anime:

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Holy crap, did Arcturus actually use Thunder to end a battle instead of waiting forever? Is he actually learning? ...I don't know what to say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nameless Fool posted:

Holy crap, did Arcturus actually use Thunder to end a battle instead of waiting forever? Is he actually learning? ...I don't know what to say.

We're just now getting to the point where episodes aren't made in advance and advice can be applied now.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

We're just now getting to the point where episodes aren't made in advance and advice can be applied now.

Uh well, about that. I have actually already recorded all of the rest of the episodes for KH2 and have recorded 4 episodes of BBS.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Either Xenohart is really freaking tall, or Sora is on the short side.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 23, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sora is way short. Also Xigbar really likes to drip hints doesnt he?
Not half the heroes they were indeed.

All in all I think Xigbar is one of the more interesting characters in the series. He always knows so much more than what he reveals, and isnt a monologuing vague and boring black hole of a character about it.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 23, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Clearly he means on average, given Terra's track record. :v:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey everyone, SilverFalcon is streaming Lego Star Wars with Senerio. Ya'll should come to the stream and check it out.

http://www.hitbox.tv/agfalcon

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 048 – "KH2 FM HD: Yugioh Duelist And Berserk Sword Man"

New Episode
Episode 048 – "KH2 FM HD: Yugioh Duelist And Berserk Sword Man"

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I believe the Roxas vs. Riku fight scene was NOT in the original KHII. Which I wish it was, because it would make sense.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sora is way short. Also Xigbar really likes to drip hints doesnt he?
Not half the heroes they were indeed.

All in all I think Xigbar is one of the more interesting characters in the series. He always knows so much more than what he reveals, and isnt a monologuing vague and boring black hole of a character about it.

Actually, compared to two of the chucklefucks Sora is competent as gently caress. He saved the universe twice, they just got owned.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Gologle posted:

Actually, compared to two of the chucklefucks Sora is competent as gently caress. He saved the universe twice, they just got owned.

Those two being Terra and Aqua correct?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gologle posted:

Nah its that I meant that he dropped that specific hint.
He even does that in BBS to refer to plans in DDD

In fact i find it weird that DDD is the only KH without a foreshadowing superboss.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

In fact i find it weird that DDD is the only KH without a foreshadowing superboss.

I would expect that is because they didn't have much of KH3 done at all when DDD was being made.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though who knows? They might decide to include a world based on Runaway Brain in KH3 just for the hell of it.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 27, 2015

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Quote is not edit

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 27, 2015

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

GMArcturus posted:

I would expect that is because they didn't have much of KH3 done at all when DDD was being made.

Or the fact that the final boss is pretty much common knowledge, while the foreshadowing bosses were often unknown characters that turned out to be the final boss.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So that means until KH3 is close to finished, 3D final mix isn't coming out.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

So that means until KH3 is close to finished, 3D final mix isn't coming out.

I don't know. If I'm not mistaken Nomura said he has the story pretty much figured out for KH3, so we could easily see DDD HD come out before KH3.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Silegna posted:

Or the fact that the final boss is pretty much common knowledge, while the foreshadowing bosses were often unknown characters that turned out to be the final boss.

Well that really only applies to KH1 Xemnas. Lingering Will, Young Xehanort and No heart werent final bosses, the latter have yet to even appear elsewhere.

Honestly with how crazy/incomprehensible the villain plans plans have been so far I dont think we can really anticipate what Nomura will pull, hell even with the foreshadowing bosses it only raised many more questions.

To be honest id be disappointed if the final boss to end the series is just plain Xehanort himself. Id much rather it be some insane culmination of evil plans that was at a low simmer throughout the entire series.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Well that really only applies to KH1 Xemnas. Lingering Will, Young Xehanort and No heart werent final bosses, the latter have yet to even appear elsewhere.

Honestly with how crazy/incomprehensible the villain plans plans have been so far I dont think we can really anticipate what Nomura will pull, hell even with the foreshadowing bosses it only raised many more questions.

To be honest id be disappointed if the final boss to end the series is just plain Xehanort himself. Id much rather it be some insane culmination of evil plans that was at a low simmer throughout the entire series.
I was hoping for a
13 phase final boss, one for each vessel. We've already fought normal Xehanort. Then I remembered Rogue Galaxy's final boss, and said gently caress, that's a bad idea.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well you (canonically) fight Terranort, and young Xehanort, but not prime of his life Xehanort (who im assuming is No heart) or Old Xehanort.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 29, 2015

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Well you (canonically) fight Terranort, and young Xehanort, but not prime of his life Xehanort (who im assuming is No heart) or Old Xehanort.

Uh in Terra's story you face Old Xehanort before Terranort. But yeah I'm hoping that the finale of KH3 will be amazing.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey guys we have a new update today!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 049 – "KH2 FM HD: Xemnas First Fight"

New Episode
Episode 049 – "KH2 FM HD: Xemnas First Fight"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Silegna posted:

Uh in Terra's story you face Old Xehanort before Terranort. But yeah I'm hoping that the finale of KH3 will be amazing.

Ohhhh man you do! That one was so underwhelming I seem to have forgotten it.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Ohhhh man you do! That one was so underwhelming I seem to have forgotten it.

To be fair only Ventus' story ends with an awesome and difficult fight.
On topic. I hate how you can't do that fight again. It was amazing.

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013

Silegna posted:

Then I remembered Rogue Galaxy's final boss, and said gently caress, that's a bad idea.

Sir I'm afraid we must have words

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Rhiodise posted:

Sir I'm afraid we must have words

Its not that I don't like the final boss. It was an interesting concept but I was under level and no where to grind. I never beat it. Got to the last phase, died.

Rhiodise
Feb 22, 2013
Oh, yeah I can see that happening. (Because it did to me on my first time through the game)
The trick is remembering to block honestly. The last phase is all about getting in your hits and then no selling the damage by holding up your big dumb ultra sword. The fact that it does come as such a big surprise at the end is something that is good and I enjoy, but it is bound to take you completely off guard the first time, like a certain dog-man related boss :argh:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 050 – "KH2 FM HD: The End For Now..."

New Episode
Episode 050 – "KH2 FM HD: The End For Now..."

Also, today at 3pm central I will be streaming Final Fantasy 6 as the beginning of a companion piece set of streams for the thread. I will be streaming each of Final Fantasies that Square's characters were in. So that means FFVI, VII, VIII, IX, X and X-2.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode
Episode 051 – "KH2 FM HD: Postgame Peril Part 1"

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

can finally catch back up with this thread. Which game is next? BBS?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

gatesealer posted:

can finally catch back up with this thread. Which game is next? BBS?

Well the secret movie kinda answers that question

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

no one ever said you had to go by movie order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

True but it makes the most sense to go through BBS next as the plot of the entire series intends for you to.

• Locked thread