Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Coolspaz posted:

I swear if I need to farm one more Phoenix bow or elf helm I'm gonna go crazy. Every loving upgrade requires these god drat things

You have no idea how much worse it will be. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Dragon eyes :negative:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

padijun posted:

Dragon eyes :negative:

at least they come from trials.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

2x drop days help too, but dragon eyes are a bottleneck.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Dragon eyes...

*shudder*

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

at least they come from trials.

but then you're leaving potions and tickets on the table :qq:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Just wait until you need the 50 piece items that only drop from 10 stamina levels. The drop rate is horrible. I'll use ~400 stamina trying to farm it over the course of a day and be lucky to pick up 4-6 total pieces.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Do the blitz coupons give double rewards on elite 2x day?

Also, just to clarify, Sunday night => Monday morning, the reset deletes all your active mines? 5 AM server or when?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Boozie posted:

No

Boozie posted:

Also, just to clarify, Sunday night => Monday morning, the reset deletes all your active mines? 5 AM server or when?

Yes, at 5 am.So you need to have them end before then.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Anyone else unable to log in now?

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Tsurupettan posted:

Anyone else unable to log in now?

Yup

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Echoing our current wharf standings: Wharfed with 1, 2, and 4th place guilds on the server. RIP 1st place

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
It figures that as soon as they add a plunder daily the lowest guy I've seen is LV 55 and there's no way little LV 45 me with 23K BR will be able to scratch him

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Posted in game as well but dropping a luxury feast at 2100 server.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
There was just a mail about a 10 minute server reboot that may or may not affect connectivity. Maybe they're fixing the wharf? Also 100 gems.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Boozie posted:

They absolutely do. Just did it now for double rewards.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I just found out if you double tap the screen on wharf, it zooms out and shows the whole map which makes finding those diamond chests mildly easier.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I just found out if you double tap the screen on wharf, it zooms out and shows the whole map which makes finding those diamond chests mildly easier.

This discovery made my wharfing much more enjoyable in that I'd just pop out, snag the chest (attempting to get more than one by spam pressing on it and hoping for a hiccup), and continue on. I'm approaching level 50 finally, feels weird being this close to potentially purpling people. Is there a general priority list for who to purple first?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

FraudulentEconomics posted:

This discovery made my wharfing much more enjoyable in that I'd just pop out, snag the chest (attempting to get more than one by spam pressing on it and hoping for a hiccup), and continue on. I'm approaching level 50 finally, feels weird being this close to potentially purpling people. Is there a general priority list for who to purple first?

I purpled my tanks first.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'd purple Djinni first.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tony Homo posted:

They absolutely do. Just did it now for double rewards.

I pulled 7 stones for 90 coupons. Everyone should keep a reserve of them for days like today.

Tsurupettan posted:

I'd purple Djinni first.

Far and away the best purple upgrade.

padijun fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 23, 2015

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
We didn't get the good boss today. :-(

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Tony Homo posted:

We didn't get the good boss today. :-(

Echoing our current wharf standings: Wharfed with 1, 2, and 4th place guilds on the server. RIP 1st place

We won't until we're paired down again. As a large guild we can outdo most smaller, higher leveled guilds. But unlike goonfleet, we can't throw millions of level 22 accounts at islands and expect them to budge. The more people who DO catch up though, they'll make it easier for us to do so. We also are probably paired with a TON of whales, so there's that.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Looking for advice on a few things.

Should I stop buying Nyssa shards after 3 star? I'm not 55 yet, but I'm wondering if I will keep using her by the time I have enough to 4 star her.

Also, do people buy any of the items in angel trials shop (or guild shop for that matter)? Some of the epic items that I need for 1k staring me in the face are hard to pass up.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Don't take her past 3 stars. The investment is too much for that level of angel. Just sit on your hands until Amora shards, take her to 3*, and then sit and hold onto points until 70.

Yes you'll want good 3* angels to tide you over in the mean time, but you also want to have points for a level 70 angel.

The way I'm set up is that I will go straight to 5* Athena at a clip of buying 15 pieces a day without having to stop and wait at all.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

The way I'm set up is that I will go straight to 5* Athena at a clip of buying 15 pieces a day without having to stop and wait at all.

You're gonna need ~20 million gold saved up if you want all her skills maxed right away, assuming you have the potions to get her to 70 as well.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

You're gonna need ~20 million gold saved up if you want all her skills maxed right away, assuming you have the potions to get her to 70 as well.

I think I posted about this already, but it's ~2200 blue potions to go from 1 to 70 and it's roughly 3.75m gold per skill to 70. You have 3 to immediately max, and one the next day. Then the rest are super staggered unless you're hemorrhaging diamonds on resets.

This is super easy to save up in your 60s.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Tsurupettan posted:

I think I posted about this already, but it's ~2200 potions to go from 1 to 70 and it's roughly 3.75m gold per skill to 70. You have 3 to immediately max, and one the next day. Then the rest are super staggered unless you're hemorrhaging diamonds on resets.

This is super easy to save up in your 60s.

It sounds easy but you end up spending a lot more money than you think once you hit 70. Between hero skills, upgrades (you should have at least 3 or 4 people at 5* by 70), gear upgrades, keeping up with runes, and a new angel, it's very easy to burn through that money quickly because everything gets expensive. Or maybe I didn't save as well, who knows.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Ok thanks. What about buying the other items in the shop? No go?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Boozie posted:

Ok thanks. What about buying the other items in the shop? No go?

I wouldn't buy any, personally. It's mostly the blue ones, right? You should be able to farm those pretty easily, and you'll occasionally get complete pieces in chests from angel trial. In my opinion it's going to be more beneficial to buy the stones for heroes/angels because in the long run they're going to be more useful to you, so it's better to start leveling them up as early as possible.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Since I just hit 50, I have needed some of the 20 shard epic items that I see in the shop which cost 1k (Dragon Eye). I think they are a better purchase if you look at cost per shard than the blue items. I'm doing pretty well on the blues anyways.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Yeah on Wednesdays, its double drops for trial chests. I ripped a 4x Cloud Cloak and 4x Dragon helm today, full items.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
My best item was getting a full Storm Armor. The level 70 purple. I am not even 60 yet.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Schubalts posted:

My best item was getting a full Storm Armor. The level 70 purple. I am not even 60 yet.

ya hold on to that because those items are a humongous pain the in the rear end to get

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I was able to plunder a lv 53 at lv 47, I feel proud of that

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Are elites better per stamina for drops ignoring hero shards?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Boozie posted:

Are elites better per stamina for drops ignoring hero shards?

Yes, significantly so. You can see it on Double Elite drop days, where you'll usually get 2 or 3 pieces of gear from 3 runs.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tsurupettan posted:

Don't take her past 3 stars. The investment is too much for that level of angel. Just sit on your hands until Amora shards, take her to 3*, and then sit and hold onto points until 70.

Yes you'll want good 3* angels to tide you over in the mean time, but you also want to have points for a level 70 angel.

I 4*ed both amora and nyssa and am on the fence about if it was worth it. The purple skills and agility bonuses have been a nice quality of life upgrade but the trial points could have been used to take athena from 4* to 5*... on the other hand you need at least 3 angels now, so it's not like they're just wasted, and it's gonna be a long rear end time before I start on a second and third 70 angel

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Amora is probably worth 4*ing, because I think she might be the best angel full-stop for certain enemy formations. That rage gain is incredible, and the stun's almost as valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
thinking about trying a Grimbow + two of Astral Hunter/Demon Hunter/Snow Queen back line. I think it would be kind of gimmicky but also really annoying to deal with.

• Locked thread