Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Amazing. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Huh, I can't even seem to log into them. The sign-in link just sends me on an endless redirect to http://www.arcgames.com/en/games

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

Huh, I can't even seem to log into them. The sign-in link just sends me on an endless redirect to http://www.arcgames.com/en/games

That happens to me sometimes, too
Sometimes I'm redirected to a broken page as well.w

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
does this link work?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums

ETA, you guys may not be alone

quote:

Jeremy Randall ‏@BorticusCryptic 20h20 hours ago
Unable to sign into my own forums. Awesome.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Cryptic realizes how incompetent pwe is. Again.

Dear Cryptic:

suck it

sincerely,
the playerbase

quote:

Jeremy Randall ‏@BorticusCryptic Jun 18

I miss the forums.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 20, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Cover Shields are essential to forum operation, somehow. And when Cryptic creates a workaround that allows people to log into the forums again, they will do so by breaking FAW so that it fires at all entities on a map on every server tic.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

hakimashou posted:

does this link work?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums

ETA, you guys may not be alone

I'm sure if there were something fun about the forums, he'd find a way to patch it out.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
After reading through some of the archived STOWIKILEAKS, I have to say I kind of miss the ling-winded, incoherent rants of Poison Ivey. It was always kind of a game trying to decipher what each complaint was actually referring to, as he's inevitably launch into some tirade about past injustices, our "cult" of the Dear Leader, Nazi Germany, whatever.

Looking at some of the fairly strong language Bluegeek used against Xtern1ty when warning him about his comments related to Dental, I have to say that he was a pretty fair mod in most cases. What irked me the most was his need to inject his personal opinions into every topic right before closing the thread down.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

DonDoodles posted:

After reading through some of the archived STOWIKILEAKS, I have to say I kind of miss the ling-winded, incoherent rants of Poison Ivey. It was always kind of a game trying to decipher what each complaint was actually referring to, as he's inevitably launch into some tirade about past injustices, our "cult" of the Dear Leader, Nazi Germany, whatever.

Looking at some of the fairly strong language Bluegeek used against Xtern1ty when warning him about his comments related to Dental, I have to say that he was a pretty fair mod in most cases. What irked me the most was his need to inject his personal opinions into every topic right before closing the thread down.

I never realized before how ridiculously literal the mods interpreted the TOS. Based on what some people got warnings for, I get the impression that merely posting in the STO forums could be considered a violation.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

LordCo posted:

I never realized before how ridiculously literal the mods interpreted the TOS. Based on what some people got warnings for, I get the impression that merely posting in the STO forums could be considered a violation.

It is a violation to post in the STO forums. Always breaking the law.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LordCo posted:

I noticed that, too. Some of the posts catching warnings/infractions were a little odd. As much as I loved reading sollvax's warning correspondence, I find it a little ridiculous that he caught a warning for calling someone a gnome. "Calling someone a troll/gnome is actually itself considered trolling."

That also makes it all the more hilarious at some of the things we've gotten away with on the forums without so much as a comment from the mod team.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Great news, sports fans! Fifty Shades of Blue Into Dorkness is starting to shape up, and if everything goes well it should be finished at some point this week. Ish.

In this mission, players will travel to a mysterious station to battle a mysterious new foe. It is mysterious!

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 21, 2015

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Askray cautioned Rinkster for this comment in March 2014:

quote:

Given the crusade Dental has engaged on from time to time, I can see why people would be a little worried to see one of them on an RP base.

Would be a bit like a conference of Victorian prostitutes, and one man there with a name tag that said 'Jack the Ripper'.

Think I'd keep a wary eye on too.

:roflolmao:

LordCo fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 21, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

LordCo posted:

Askray cautioned Rinkster for this comment in March 2014:

:roflolmao:

That's a good one. I could actually imagine us doing that.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
From what I've heard, Trendy has been protesting the new forums but its the higher ups that are pushing it on us.

She did manage to delay them a month or two ago because of stuff like HTML code abuse, but I guess PWE really wants them to be up right now.

If you check her twitter it is full stuff about the new forums, how they're broken or poo poo like that. Apparently the Vanilla Forums support guys are not very helpful.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 22, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

For all of the gently caress ups that Cryptic's done lately, let's not forget just how staggeringly incompetent PWE is at everything. It's not even the first time Cryptic's staff has been pissed off at them, which patch/lockbox was again it that didn't get the advertising news posts put up until after it went live because PWE hosed up? :geno:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Asimo posted:

For all of the gently caress ups that Cryptic's done lately, let's not forget just how staggeringly incompetent PWE is at everything. It's not even the first time Cryptic's staff has been pissed off at them, which patch/lockbox was again it that didn't get the advertising news posts put up until after it went live because PWE hosed up? :geno:

Season 9.5 for the crafting revamp. All the build up devposts were delayed over a week if not two because PWE is bad.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
It was the first Xindi box that got released before they got the "previews" up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/Klytemnestra1/library/?sort=3&page=1

klytmenstrual's photobucket

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Recovered via dark sorcery, here's a pubbie's POV on the glorious cleansing of DS9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VwH5GOUjk

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Preechr posted:

Recovered via dark sorcery, here's a pubbie's POV on the glorious cleansing of DS9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VwH5GOUjk

It truly was the best thing to come out of the rom expansion.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Preechr posted:

I remember first discovering that by realizing it was active when I followed Suzanna in to droz system space. She was also the first to be cleansed on that glorious crusade.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Tier 6 Avenger, Mogh and who gives a poo poo:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9416803-star-trek-online%3A-tier-6-battlecruisers

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"Pleeeaaassee pay us $30+ for something you already own! :qq:"

All of them look hideous too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No mention of fleet versions, guess they learned their lesson about rolling those out at the same time.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The wording is weird too, my Cryptic sense says they'll make you buy the T5 ones to use those cool designs but they kinda sorta say you won't have to, but their statement could go either way.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

No it's pretty clear that you'll need to own the t5 version to use the t5 versions skin. This is how it works for all of these "new" t6 ships.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Looks like Season 11 will have the return of Featured Series

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

No it's pretty clear that you'll need to own the t5 version to use the t5 versions skin. This is how it works for all of these "new" t6 ships.
Sort of. It's been a bit muddled since most of the T6 ~revamps~ have been of ships that had free T4 skins available as a default option (Intrepid, Galaxy, etc.) and it was only the c-store versions (Bellerophon, Venture, etc.) that were locked away. And while it's quite possible that the Avenger and Mogh skins would be c-store locked, the Mogai skin is a freebie ship one so it's unlikely it would be restricted and who knows how Cryptic will deal with it. The unique Avenger/Mogh skins will almost certainly be locked to the cstore variants though. Not that it really matters since holy gently caress I'm sure not buying them. :effort:

(Also why the hell is the Mogai suddenly a battlecruiser? I guess it fits, but still...)

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

They definitely just crammed the Mogai in simply because they already used the D'dex and they gotta sell those 3-packs to pay the rent.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Mogai is bestgai. Still not spending any real money on this game, may shell out EC for the fleet modules if a fleet version comes out. And then only if the OP mogai consoles will work on it.

(Edit: It'll be a little bonkers if the mogai shield consoles do work, combined with the new shield consoles and the eptw trait those ships will be monsters. Still not worth giving money to them, though.)

Valatar fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 22, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Preechr posted:

I remember being asked to show up after my ban to see what everyone was up to. It was worth it.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

If it weren't Cryptic I'd say this was a time travel joke rather than laziness/a bug.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Star Trek Online Season 10: Still haven't patched Y2K

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

How did it go to 2000? Shouldn't have gone to 1972?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:siren: :eyepop:

Wow, if you guys haven't yet, you should really follow the link and use the login credentials here.

LordCo is doing an awesome job of organizing all the info.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soviet Commubot posted:

If it weren't Cryptic I'd say this was a time travel joke rather than laziness/a bug.

If only you had that temporal flux generator…

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You know given how horrible all of the latest T6 ships look I can't wait to see the inevitable T6 Excelsior.

That lovely 23rd century deco combined with cryptic's horrible new aesthetic is gonna be something really special.

Acer Pilot posted:

How did it go to 2000? Shouldn't have gone to 1972?

It's their shoddy way of handling Y2K. Rather than making the game truly Y2K compliant they've just made it assume all dates are 21st century.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 24, 2015

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MikeJF posted:

You know given how horrible all of the latest T6 ships look I can't wait to see the inevitable T6 Excelsior.

It's going to look like a trowel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hakimashou posted:

:siren: :eyepop:

Wow, if you guys haven't yet, you should really follow the link and use the login credentials here.

LordCo is doing an awesome job of organizing all the info.

I didn't know we still could get access to gateway doffing. That makes farming contra a lot easier.

• Locked thread