Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antares
Jan 13, 2006

joepinetree posted:

CBF has just decided to withdraw the appeal and Neymar is leaving Chile tomorrow.

what a prima donna, couldn't wait until saturday to fly back with the rest of the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

He said he didn't want to train with the team because he would be training for nothing, what a captain!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Antares posted:

what a prima donna, couldn't wait until saturday to fly back with the rest of the team

Those commercials won't film themselves. Neymarketing has a job to do.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope his plane crashes

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Drogadon posted:

He said he didn't want to train with the team because he would be training for nothing, what a captain!

lol

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Failmar Jr indeed.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ka0 posted:

Failmar Jr indeed.

dsyp

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Cavani's father killed a 19 year old while driving drunk and was arrested and now Cavani wants to leave the tournament :thumbsup:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
he wants to go back home and finally have a chance to watch the women's world cup

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is Robinho really still playing for Brazil? Holy crap they suck rear end.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Is Robinho really still playing for Brazil? Holy crap they suck rear end.

The funny thing is that people get shocked that Robinho is still playing for Brazil because at least he was known internationally at some point. No one gets shocked by Diego Tardelli or Everton Ribeiro because no one follows the Chinese or UAE leagues.

I can't remember a worst soccer generation in my life.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Polidoro posted:

Cavani's father killed a 19 year old while driving drunk and was arrested and now Cavani wants to leave the tournament :thumbsup:

DUI manslaughter? not even a big deal

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Diego Tardelli wearing Brazil's number 9 is offensive as hell

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Brazil has some good defenders though, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Filipe Luis and Marcelo are all really good, even David Luiz when they don't make him actually defend. And Diego Alves is a great GK too he's just unlucky and gets injured every time he has to play for Brazil.

The problem is the midfield and non-Neymar forwards.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Brazil has some good defenders though, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Filipe Luis and Marcelo are all really good, even David Luiz when they don't make him actually defend. And Diego Alves is a great GK too he's just unlucky and gets injured every time he has to play for Brazil.

Diego Alves is the best goalkeeper I've ever seen play in person (back when he started at Atletico Mineiro, and I've seen Taffarel, Carlos, who was the 1986 goal keeper, and Dida, who played for cruzeiro). But most of those are aging. The thing is that 5 years ago I was sure this was going to be one of the best generations we had. Pato, Ganso, Damiao, and so many others have become total busts. Tardelli with the 9 is bad, but I can't think of anyone else who would be a major upgrade.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

Julio Cesar is legit good now too. He's still a fat old man but he's no longer depressed and suuuper fat. He actually has decent reflexes and confidence now!

Drogadon posted:

Diego Tardelli wearing Brazil's number 9 is offensive as hell

I think Brazil's managment also spent a lot of time on Al-Gharrafa too if you know what i mean.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

joepinetree posted:

Diego Alves is the best goalkeeper I've ever seen play in person (back when he started at Atletico Mineiro, and I've seen Taffarel, Carlos, who was the 1986 goal keeper, and Dida, who played for cruzeiro). But most of those are aging. The thing is that 5 years ago I was sure this was going to be one of the best generations we had. Pato, Ganso, Damiao, and so many others have become total busts. Tardelli with the 9 is bad, but I can't think of anyone else who would be a major upgrade.

Coutinho is pretty good :unsmith:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Rogerio Ceni is a better option than Jefferson. Not necessarily a better keeper, but certainly would be more fun and Brazil should be fun to watch.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drogadon posted:

Rogerio Ceni is a better option than Jefferson. Not necessarily a better keeper, but certainly would be more fun and Brazil should be fun to watch.

Jô has played more matches than Ceni for Brazil.

That's revolting as hell.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

neymar has an instinctually hateable face before you even remember what he's like

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

hey guys,

don't forget we get to do this all over again in USA next year!

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Oh my how dare a player not score. There are plenty of superstars not scoring amongst Belgium, England, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, and the other big teams.

But noooo it has to be two players who haven't scored in a group stage where the total number of goals during all the matches was 5...

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PerpetualSelf posted:

Oh my how dare a player not score. There are plenty of superstars not scoring amongst Belgium, England, Spain, Holland, Italy, Germany, and the other big teams.

But noooo it has to be two players who haven't scored in a group stage where the total number of goals during all the matches was 5...
Settle down champ we all know the graphic is ridiculous

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol are liverpool really paying twenty nine million british pounds for firmino?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Drogadon posted:

lol are liverpool really paying twenty nine million british pounds for firmino?

Well if you think about it, it's really just Sterling-£21M, so it's not that bad a deal.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

When I saw that headline I assumed it was a different Firmino lol. I hope Liverpool owners are laundering drug money or something because if not they are the biggest idiots in the world.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Are you guys trying to tell me he's bad at football?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ewar Woowar posted:

Are you guys trying to tell me he's bad at football?

Only if he signs for Liverpool.

Let me put it this way, when he was originally linked to City for £20M I think the feeling was he'd be a jack of all trades come-off-the-bench for whoever kind of guy.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 24, 2015

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

dj_pain posted:

hey guys,

don't forget we get to do this all over again in USA next year!

next year's copa america is a mickey mouse cup for cash and everyone knows it

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Reminder that the DUI squads are facing each other in about 6 hours so plan your day accordingly so you don't miss this epic match

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

next year's copa america is a mickey mouse cup for cash and everyone knows it

I read it probably won't happen because of the FIFA scandal.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
vamos uruguay

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Chile have been playing well, its about time they won it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
urgay

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

im gay

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Condorito spotted

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Can't wait till we organize the Copa so we can sing our whole anthem and bore the other team to death

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Polidoro posted:

Condorito spotted

https://twitter.com/RealCondorito/status/611137698728910848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for marginalizing the death of a 19 year old, Hudson.

• Locked thread