Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
In this episode of K-on, Mio is turned to stone with a pinging noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Band commits insurance fraud

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Namtab posted:

If I was a rei thread I'd search for the post, but asuka is bad so I don't care

mods?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mods can't stop me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to watch inside out now

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

There was a loving elevator?

24 goddamn episodes of these goddamn-motherfucking spiral stairs and there was a goddamn elevator the whole goddamn time?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm going to watch inside out now

I have heard it's good, and hope you enjoy it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it's one of feist's best songs

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
The ban was good. Keep ADTRW clean.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Parmesan Basil posted:

The ban was good. Keep ADTRW clean.

the mod ADTRW deserves, but not the one it needs.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

someone give me a sweet Asuka, Chihaya, Saber, or Lal'C avatar.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

someone give me a sweet Asuka, Chihaya, Saber, or Lal'C avatar.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

There are many other popular live action movies I have not seen, like any godfather movie, any hannibal lecter movie and any Daniel Craig bond movie

Take it fromme, playing a MetalGear Solid game before watching a Bond movie definitely hurts your appreciation of the Bond movie.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Watch Kamen Rider Ryuki first.

THANK YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Namtab posted:

If I was a rei thread I'd search for the post, but asuka is bad so I don't care

Asuka>the girl who liked the scientist>Misato>the scientist>that girl from school>Rei

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

do not watch toku shows that only have tvn subs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

Take it fromme, playing a MetalGear Solid game before watching a Bond movie definitely hurts your appreciation of the Bond movie.

Seriously, my friends like, you want to watch this great James Bond movie? And I'm like, "not really" and then we watch it, and Sean Bean is all, "Loyalty to what, Bond? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to the mission?"And I was just alughing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

dogsicle posted:

do not watch toku shows that only have tvn subs

But that's some of the best ones

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Chihaya would never do something so rude. Clearly she is the superior red head.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

no baal, the other asuka cum pic in that thread

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Rude girls are the best girls.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

But that's some of the best ones

just watch it spread out. i think most tvn projects have complete or in progress (and active) translations by other groups. the latter is probably preferable to things like having all of W and Kuuga take up space while i continue to not watch them.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I do not understand why the Symphogears aren't allowed to tell people that they're Symphogears. There's no reason for it, and it's making Hibiki's girlfriend sad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I do not understand why the Symphogears aren't allowed to tell people that they're Symphogears. There's no reason for it, and it's making Hibiki's girlfriend sad.

It's a matter of national security so that the Americans don't get the technology.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've watched three episodes of Symphogear, and they've all been pretty uninteresting to me, except for the last few seconds of each episode.

chumbler posted:

It's a matter of national security so that the Americans don't get the technology.

But their faces are uncovered, and they fight in the middle of public places. There's no way that could be kept a secret

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Hibiki said that the public thinks the Noise attack randomly, but they've started attacking around the school cause they have Lilith hidden in the basement. Shouldn't people realize pretty quickly that there's a pattern to these recent attacks? And aren't those attacks really loving good reason to move the project out of a populated city? Like, to the middle of Nevada or something like America would do if it was in charge?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Hibiki said that the public thinks the Noise attack randomly, but they've started attacking around the school cause they have Lilith hidden in the basement. Shouldn't people realize pretty quickly that there's a pattern to these recent attacks? And aren't those attacks really loving good reason to move the project out of a populated city? Like, to the middle of Nevada or something like America would do if it was in charge?

You should not really try to think too hard about Symphogear. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Also remember that nobody in anime notices anything unless it is dramatically convenient for them to do so.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I tried watching Symphogear recently because I wanted more magical girl stuff, but I really didn't like it. Neat idea, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

no baal, the other asuka cum pic in that thread

No I know of that one but didn't see it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Trust this man, he knows his Asuka Cum Pics.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Triggerhappypilot posted:

There was a loving elevator?

24 goddamn episodes of these goddamn-motherfucking spiral stairs and there was a goddamn elevator the whole goddamn time?

Yep.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

isn't that the same elevator the student council uses? i'm not that far in Utena

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What if there was an anime version of fiddler on the roof

but in like, the future

and fantasy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i might be a little late to this

but danmachi is poo poo and you should watch amagi brilliant park instead and therefore dick spacious got what he had coming

hth

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can back Amagi being fantastic. Sento is a better girl than Hestia anyways.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have watched Amagi and am currently enjoying Danmachi.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

littleorv posted:

I can back Amagi being fantastic. Sento is a better girl than Hestia anyways.
Sento is but a poor Kyoto man's Senjougahara. There is simply no comparison.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bakemonogatari is really confusing and trippy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
100% Orange Juice is happening, lobby deets:

name: ADTRW
password: dongs

• Locked thread